Time to ditch Penny Arcade?

Dietspam

The musics a semi big annoyance for me. Personally I'd save simply the best for the end of the game like literally as soon as the final whistle goes (assuming we win). For Penny Arcade I'd have it as a half time song or something before it the teams come out, I think it's quite a good song, especially for us. I'd ditch goal music altogether and let the fans' roar be the sound of us scoring. I'd like some new songs to be written than we could play when the team comes out tbh. 

Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense Im onit ?? FTP

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derry's Walls, to the tune of Amazing Grace, was in response to their Walk On.

We used to hold our scarves up, over our head, whilst singing Derry's Walls in that tune.

You had to watch what key you sang it in though, because it could get a bit 'screechy' at times, and sounded horrendous, if started in the wrong key. You had to be there to appreciate how off-key it sounded at times.

3 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Derry's Walls, to the tune of Amazing Grace, was in response to their Walk On.

We used to hold our scarves up, over our head, whilst singing Derry's Walls in that tune.

You had to watch what key you sang it in though, because it could get a bit 'screechy' at times, and sounded horrendous, if started in the wrong key. You had to be there to appreciate how off-key it sounded at times.

First time ive ever heard it having to do with the taigs. its got fuck all to do with them walking or wanking alone.  They are glory hunting scum

1 minute ago, Willis said:

First time ive ever heard it having to do with the taigs. its got fuck all to do with them walking or wanking alone.  They are glory hunting scum

It was the scarves over the head bit that was to do with responding to their shit.

When they bastards, at a game, started singing Walk On with their scarves up over their head, we would reply with Derry's Walls,in that tune, with our scarves over our head. It was better than just booing, and whistling, every time they sang it. ?

8 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Lots of changes needed. When the Warburton interview gets played before the start - it can't be heard at all where I sit as it's too quiet. Anywhere else the same? Enclosure is probably further away from the speakers (in club deck roof) than any other bit of the ground though? felt a wee bit sorry for the U17 girls when I saw the pishy wee trophy they got as "The Scottish Cup". Our BB had a better trophy for swimming 25m in yer pyjamas.

Half time draw - how often is it Mols, Colin Stein or Willie Henderson? Was Nacho a few weeks ago I think? Get them doing a lap of honour and handshakes all round the ground to get things fired up a bit.

Simply the best - never be played in full because of the add ons.

Penny Arcade - if that is going to be played, then get a faster version as the bears are well ahead of the played version after the first line.

Completely agree we need something rousing that builds up right to the starting whistle to get the crowd going.

BUT...................with the shitty way we have played over the last wee while, Rhianna in the buff in the centre circle firing pingpong balls oot her duff whilst singing TBB would probably struggle to get the crowd going :-) The weans in BF1 are even quiet and The Blue Order seem to exist as a banner only.

That trophy was pitiful ?

I have to say though that bubble football (can't remember the name for it) at half time was hilarious! I was actually belly laughing! It looked brilliant! 

I actually like penny arcade but I do prefer simply the best and wish they would play it in full. Yet again the away fans were singing their version of the Billy Boys and that pisses me off.

Wee Harry soon wiped the smile off their smug faces when they were singing that Glasgow Rangers are walking away shit when the subway loyal were leaving. Funny as fuck when a shit teams fans think they've done great when drawing by having 11 men behind the ball and then we score :lol:

On 20/11/2016 at 9:01 AM, BluebearDory said:

I personally love Penny Arcade as it's tradition and  always gets me ready for a game but once a game is enough. 

Fucking hate goal music- it's the stupidest most childish thing of recent years. Detest it. 

A relatively recent "tradition".

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I think we should do away with all songs and any singing at any stage.

You're there to watch football and should be allowed to do so in peace.

I'm 99% it was 'first' played at Ibrox on David Healy's debut against Motherwell (2011).

1:15

We go on about sorting out our billy boys problem. It isn't a problem. By us listening to these bastards and caving into them it had made the song seem like a problem.

The scum play and sing anything they want.

rule Britannia, god save the queen , Derrys walls, we spot on Europe, should be getting blasted out the speakers at ibrox.

Personally I don't like it however it would not bother me if it was heard everynow and again or even once per match day, in typical lazy fashion those responsible for our match day experience can play it anything from 2 - 8 times depending on the occasion.

Would it be so hard for them to mix up the music/format every couple of months?