Next 8 games to define this season and the team?

RFCRobertson

sick of these "the next <enter number> games will define our season" threads.

the way we play sometimes we'll be lucky to be in the top six, the squad need to get a grip or this will continue to be a nightmare of a season. we are too unpredictable to arrogantly say this will define whatever. We sometimes take our chances, we sometimes don't.

this is why they are far from being a genuine rangers side.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I didn't say they needed to come and have a go I said they probably will which will open up the game and if we can take our chances then we will beat the teams. I never saw it at Aberdeen I seen us being the better team and them getting a free kick that never was a free kick in a dangerous position  and that wee cunt scoring a goal that no keeper would've saved. Hearts are no great shakes either and we can definitely beat them all imo of course. 

It wouldn't make sense for them to have a go and play to our strengths it would make sense for them to keep things tight a lot of bodies behind the ball and they will get chances like Dundee did yesterday and like Ross county did.

rangers were the better team against Aberdeen but I didn't see Aberdeen having a go I thought they were quite poor if I'm honest and if there the best of the rest it confirms how shit our league is! 

The blueprint is there to play against us because we won't change our approach so imo of course I can't see teams having a go. But partick did and they got beat 2-0 at ibrox 

6 hours ago, A.T.G said:

The first 8 games have already defined our season, outplayed and beaten by the scum, team in disarray and dropping points all over the place

I realised very early on that we need to try and maximise our home advantage to have any chance of getting a shot of Europa League qualification

With a bit of luck in the transfer window next summer, our merchandise deal sorted, all court cases over and done and some additional money to spend on quality players then we can have a real shot at winning the league next year, if the above does not happen then we can look forward to a grim few years

I like your optimism Rab and hope we will finish 1st but I think the damage has already been done but if you are right then you won't see me complaining

After all my hystrionics and moaning, I've had a rethink. We need to give these lads a chance. We are not challengers. This is a team in the making. We've missed a barrowload and been pretty inconsistent. I get what MW is doing and I can go with it. He just needs to adjust the tactics when the circumstances demand it. This team are not gifted with the quality of yesteryear and they are having to adapt to a system that is none to easy for them, but most should get there. Introduce several better quality players into the spine of the team in the summer and I can see us being a force and a true challenger.

Running scared of diddy teams like Hearts and Aberdeen now fs :lol: These cunts can and will be beaten, they're shite, Celtic at Ibrox is very much winnable also, the taigs are shite,they've looked better than they are because we've been poor, put in decent performances and take chances then we'll have no problems winning any of the next 8.

7 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Running scared of diddy teams like Hearts and Aberdeen now fs :lol: These cunts can and will be beaten, they're shite, Celtic at Ibrox is very much winnable also, the taigs are shite,they've looked better than they are because we've been poor, put in decent performances and take chances then we'll have no problems winning any of the next 8.

Rarely agree with folk on here but totally with you on that one, only two games we have played poorly and not deserved to win. One at rugby park and the other against "them"

1 minute ago, Camshy said:

Rarely agree with folk on here but totally with you on that one, only two games we have played poorly and not deserved to win. One at rugby park and the other against "them"

Rugby park we were rotten a draw was fair, the piggery based on the 2nd half performance we deserved to lose, we held our own and more in the first half, 2 sloppy goals cost us, if we held tight until half time we would have came away with a result of some sort.

Aberdeen away we never deserved to lose and it still gets to me, we battered them from pillar to post squandered chance after chance and poor defending cost us the first goal, no way should they be scoring 45 seconds after the restart after being pummeled the whole 1st half and scoring a winner from a free kick 2 minutes from time that wasn't even a freekick, Tav won the ball cleanly.

52 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No, but we did and that's the problem. 

There is the nothing I've seen this season to give me any hope of taking points off those 3. 

Hopefully Im wrong. 

I saw enough that day to convince me we can take points off them in the remaining games, of course I too could be wrong, hopefully I'm not.

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I saw enough that day to convince me we can take points off them in the remaining games, of course I too could be wrong, hopefully I'm not.

What I saw that day was us shooting ourself in the foot again. We have a terrible record against the top teams in this league and in last years league. 

Ive seen nothing to convince me it will change. The only saving grace is we are at home. 

If this team can even hold on to third come the new year then I'll be astounded. 

I cant see it improving anytime soon and would even say it could get worse. A fairly easy start to the league and we have dropped points all over the place. The next few weeks might see us drop down the table. 

12 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

sick of these "the next <enter number> games will define our season" threads.

the way we play sometimes we'll be lucky to be in the top six, the squad need to get a grip or this will continue to be a nightmare of a season. we are too unpredictable to arrogantly say this will define whatever. We sometimes take our chances, we sometimes don't.

this is why they are far from being a genuine rangers side.

I would say it's predictable rather than unpredictable. Teams know exactly what they are going to get with this current Rangers side. 

The same huffing and puffing week in week out with zero cutting edge or intensity and a manager who can't seem to change it. 

The Ross County game a couple of weeks ago summed it up. We could have played on for another 90 mins and still not got the win. The players actually looked like they had no idea what to do when they were on the ball. We have absolutely nobody who can take the ball on and make a telling pass. 

I think we all have a hope that it might click and they will go on a run but reality is that it's been like this too long. 

We have been poor for way too long. 

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

I admire your optimism.

Like others have said IMO as well there is two games we deserved to drop points all season. Killie and cellic. 

Hamilton- On the ascendancy and bang Waggys hamstring goes with no-one near him. Takes the sting right out the game. 

County at home- Really was one of those days. Did we not round the keeper twice and both were cleared off the line? 

Aberdeen- Dodgy decision as usual, not forgetting the fact we were the much better team for 80 minutes of the game. 

St Johnstone- Much the same as County. Desperately unlucky to not win the game

Ross County away- Should have been out of sight by half time. Poor finishing cost us here but it happens! Sometimes strikers have off days. 

I really do believe we can come out of these 8 games with at the very least 18 points. I'd hope for 20 but 18 would be a really good return and would hopefully see the board give a little in January for us to push on to May. Rangers have always been strong finishers in the top flight seasons gone by and have had good winter results as well, hopefully this is the case again. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Like others have said IMO as well there is two games we deserved to drop points all season. Killie and cellic. 

Hamilton- On the ascendancy and bang Waggys hamstring goes with no-one near him. Takes the sting right out the game. 

County at home- Really was one of those days. Did we not round the keeper twice and both were cleared off the line? 

Aberdeen- Dodgy decision as usual, not forgetting the fact we were the much better team for 80 minutes of the game. 

St Johnstone- Much the same as County. Desperately unlucky to not win the game

Ross County away- Should have been out of sight by half time. Poor finishing cost us here but it happens! Sometimes strikers have off days. 

I really do believe we can come out of these 8 games with at the very least 18 points. I'd hope for 20 but 18 would be a really good return and would hopefully see the board give a little in January for us to push on to May. Rangers have always been strong finishers in the top flight seasons gone by and have had good winter results as well, hopefully this is the case again. 

This has been our problem all season.The scum game apart no one is exactly giving us a going over but we are not taking the chances. I and others have said it time and time again you will get chances in every game but at this level which isn't great those few chances have to be taken. Poor finishing as you put it has cost us countless points this season and will continue to do so unless the management and players start getting the finger out.

10 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

Delusional. Calling the filth shite when we're struggling the way we are :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Swagger said:

I would say it's predictable rather than unpredictable. Teams know exactly what they are going to get with this current Rangers side. 

The same huffing and puffing week in week out with zero cutting edge or intensity and a manager who can't seem to change it. 

The Ross County game a couple of weeks ago summed it up. We could have played on for another 90 mins and still not got the win. The players actually looked like they had no idea what to do when they were on the ball. We have absolutely nobody who can take the ball on and make a telling pass. 

I think we all have a hope that it might click and they will go on a run but reality is that it's been like this too long. 

We have been poor for way too long. 

Folk are saying we deserved to win games because we had more possession and missed chances.

The counter side of that is that we're predictable and other teams allow us possession as it creates gaps at the back.

All the teams we've dropped points could say they deserved something because their tactics allowed for these gaps, they know we're not clinical so limiting chances isn't crucial, but they played deliberately for counter attacks and set pieces.

You're right about hope and then the reality, and we have been so poor yet some genuinely don't reckon we'll drop many if any points. Bizarre imo.