Next 8 games to define this season and the team?

RFCRobertson

15 hours ago, Brubear said:

Why not, we didn't deserve to come away from Aberdeen with no points.

The Sheep will see it as the best chance they'll ever have of ending their Ibrox hoodoo - I expect them to give us a game.

Which might work in our favour, if they open up a bit.

By the same token, we don't want to leave ourselves exposed, as they have a bit more finishing power than most we've played this season & we do seem to cough up a fair number of opportunities, which better players may take.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I don't see why this next run of games will be even more defining. We've heard this about 3 times this season already ..

After dropping points against Hamilton and Kilmarnock first 3 games it was these next games will define us to get momentum into the Celtic game at Parkhead. Never happened.

After the game at Parkhead then it was essential for us to go on a winning run with Ross County at Ibrox and Aberdeen away .. it never happened.

After the Celtic cup game where we didn't play well enough to win, the lads showed they have a defensive side they can adapt to and for me it was time to build on that. We didn't.

Could even argue after the Kilmarnock 3-0 game at Ibrox which was the best we played since the Taigs in the cup in April that we had finally found our strongest team and had finally clicked - we hadn't.

So what makes this next batch of games more defining or telling? seriously? 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Also I don't see why this next run of games will be even more defining. We've heard this about 3 times this season already ..

After dropping points against Hamilton and Kilmarnock first 3 games it was these next games will define us to get momentum into the Celtic game at Parkhead. Never happened.

After the game at Parkhead then it was essential for us to go on a winning run with Ross County at Ibrox and Aberdeen away .. it never happened.

After the Celtic cup game where we didn't play well enough to win, the lads showed they have a defensive side they can adapt to and for me it was time to build on that. We didn't.

Could even argue after the Kilmarnock 3-0 game at Ibrox which was the best we played since the Taigs in the cup in April that we had finally found our strongest team and had finally clicked - we hadn't.

So what makes this next batch of games more defining or telling? seriously? 

(tu) this season is now just about retaining a place up the top of the table because there are absolutely no signs that we're improving in any way. The managers now talking about bolstering in January - in the fucking midfield again, can he not see what we all see? there is no one scoring the goals we need get a decent attacker or two in and we will see improvement.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

(tu) this season is now just about retaining a place up the top of the table because there are absolutely no signs that we're improving in any way. The managers now talking about bolstering in January - in the fucking midfield again, can he not see what we all see? there is no one scoring the goals we need get a decent attacker or two in and we will see improvement.

It's getting frightening hearing his thoughts sometimes. 

Unless it's a 3/4 million quid signing for the midfield i.e a Steve Davis bit of quality who will win a tackle, drive, split a defence, pass well and chip in with the odd goal then he really has to look at the defence and the attack.

The defence has been playing better recent weeks but that's maybe due to it being a settled pairing more than the quality - they're only 1 or 2 games away from reverting back. I wouldn't put it past them.

We really need a goalscorer. A top talent. 

One of our biggest challenges is making sure Aberdeen don't win at ibrox for the first time since I've been born and making sure we get second place. Oh how we've fallen.

And before anyone says 'look where we've came from' we are fucking Rangers. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's getting frightening hearing his thoughts sometimes. 

Unless it's a 3/4 million quid signing for the midfield i.e a Steve Davis bit of quality who will win a tackle, drive, split a defence, pass well and chip in with the odd goal then he really has to look at the defence and the attack.

The defence has been playing better recent weeks but that's maybe due to it being a settled pairing more than the quality - they're only 1 or 2 games away from reverting back. I wouldn't put it past them.

We really need a goalscorer. A top talent. 

The mentality of the defence is the biggest issue for me, as soon as they concede a goal or are being outplayed they down tools. Senderos and Kiernan's attitude after their 2nd goal at the piggery is close to unforgivable. 

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

One of our biggest challenges is making sure Aberdeen don't win at ibrox for the first time since I've been born and making sure we get second place. Oh how we've fallen.

And before anyone says 'look where we've came from' we are fucking Rangers. 

I've conceded the title (although I still expect a comfortable second place finish in the end), winning any games against the Peado's and any cup but that's the one thing that will save our season IMO is not letting them win at Ibrox for the first time in almost 30 years.

That would be a new low for us. 

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

The mentality of the defence is the biggest issue for me, as soon as they concede a goal or are being outplayed they down tools. Senderos and Kiernan's attitude after their 2nd goal at the piggery is close to unforgivable. 

If I was the manager neither of them would play for me again. Simple as that.

Kiernan showed he can't be trusted and Senderos got sent off on purpose IMO. If either Wilson or Hill were injured or unavailable then McCrorie from the reserves would get called. There's your chance son - please take it (if you don't then you won't have done any worse than them 2 at their worst)

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If I was the manager neither of them would play for me again. Simple as that.

Kiernan showed he can't be trusted and Senderos got sent off on purpose IMO. If either Wilson or Hill were injured or unavailable then McCrorie from the reserves would get called. There's your chance son - please take it (if you don't then you won't have done any worse than them 2 at their worst)

I still can't get over Senderos doing that, it was so blatant, if you weren't in the Rangers end you would have laughed. Kiernan probably milked a slight injury to the extreme and left us with a back 3 of Tavernier Wallace and Joey fucking Barton when were 3-1 down at Parkhead. Unacceptable and unforgivable like u say. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

That's the spirit a tell ye what lets no bother turning up and playing these games eh... This team will finish a distance clear in 2nd and well beat partick hearts (twice) and pump the sheep

Just a way of life for some to be negative must be a sad life

I don't understand what that even means?

The threads about defining batches of games - which we've heard about 3/4 times already this season and it's not defined us yet.

Just win each game as it comes and we will finish in second. Realistically. 

It's not being negative - what's been said that's un-true? 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't understand what that even means?

The threads about defining batches of games - which we've heard about 3/4 times already this season and it's not defined us yet.

Just win each game as it comes and we will finish in second. Realistically. 

It's not being negative - what's been said that's un-true? 

Just never seen us so negative. Yes sure its been hard at times but all we lack is 2/3 quality signings and we will be back to winning games like Saturdays comfortably

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Just never seen us so negative. Yes sure its been hard at times but all we lack is 2/3 quality signings and we will be back to winning games like Saturdays comfortably

Been hard for 5 seasons apart from the first 6 months of last season.

I don't think it will define this team as I think at least 3 of the existing line up will be at best bench players come next summer.  I certainly hope he's looking at a midfielder as we have all the ball but not enough penetration, someone to unlock 8 men in defence that can see runs by the wingers. Cost a few million right enough

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Been hard for 5 seasons apart from the first 6 months of last season.

Good times, it was just really uplifting seeing goals getting fired in and then we just seemed to had hit a brick wall from which we're still feeling the effects off. 

31 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Delusional fuck all ya wee bellend. 

Actually delusional is the wrong word, moronic would be more apt. They're 11 points clear of us with a game less played and there goal difference is 23 better than us. Calling them shite when we're in the state we're in is mental.

5 minutes ago, Max1872 said:

Actually delusional is the wrong word, moronic would be more apt. They're 11 points clear of us with a game less played and there goal difference is 23 better than us. Calling them shite when we're in the state we're in is mental.

They are shite but they're still miles better than us.

If they're shite (which they are) then what does that actually say about us?

Sometimes I think people on here are realistic and actually have a good grasp on what level we are at then something changes ... like an injury time Forrester winner at home to Dundee, or Halliday having a good game or even that 2 week break for international games and fans still thinking we are good or something. 

We are not good. That's not being negative it's being honest. 

34 minutes ago, Max1872 said:

If you read my initial post I also said we are rotten and make them look good with being so poor, and I will state again regardless of us being shite or not, they're shite. 

On 20/11/2016 at 2:19 PM, RFCRobertson said:

As we all know the winter time football is the hardest part of the season both for the squad and the fans. Do you think the next 8 games will define this season and where we are going to finish and the abilities of this squad/Mr warburton? 

Next week we've got Partick Thistle away then 4 days after that it's away to Hearts. 

Then 3 days after that it's Aberdeen at home and then a week after that it's Hearts at home. 

Those 3 games right there mean a lot considering the table standings right now, could potentially go 6 ahead of Hearts and 3 ahead of Aberdeen (especially since their playing Celtic in the final sometime next week) and could really secure our 2nd place.

After those 4 games, we've got Accies away, ICT at home, St J away (another big one to cement our 2nd place) and finally after that, at the end of the year. The Old firm. 

Now I see this playing out two ways, we keep going the way we go and it'll definitely be a fight for 2nd place between us Hearts and Aberdeen. If this team pulls togather and starts kicking ass, gets all 9 points from Hearts and Aberdeen and goes on to win every game and beats Celtic at Ibrox then I'd 1st place may not all be lost. But it entirely depends on getting the 24 points from these winter months. Celtic are currently 11 points ahead and Aberdeen are just 1 point ahead. At the end of this year if all goes well we should be at least 2 points ahead of Aberdeen, 6 ahead of Hearts and maximum of 8 points behind Celtic. 

Strengthen the squad in January and make a good push for 1st, but at this point it's really needing Celtic to start slipping up.

Think we should just take it one game at a time.

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

There was an opportunity to make 2/3 quality signings in the summer.

What happened there?