Next 8 games to define this season and the team?

RFCRobertson

17 hours ago, KingKirk said:

That's the spirit a tell ye what lets no bother turning up and playing these games eh... This team will finish a distance clear in 2nd and well beat partick hearts (twice) and pump the sheep

Just a way of life for some to be negative must be a sad life

Beat hearts twice and "pump" the sheep.

See for me that's more than being positive or realistic it's just deluded based on our season so far. You see as negative what I and many others see as realistic. Based in the season so far, form, and seeing those teams having performed well in a few games so far. 

I think you're deluded and likely to be wrong but I'm not going to get annoyed by it as it's your realistic expectation. You should try the same approach.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Just never seen us so negative. Yes sure its been hard at times but all we lack is 2/3 quality signings and we will be back to winning games like Saturdays comfortably

I'd say 3/4 quality signing and I'd agree.

We don't have the money for 3/4 quality signings. I reckon at best we'll get a couple of youthful loans from the EPL, and it'll not be a defining transfer window in any way in terms of bucking our form.

2 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

Because they are :p20:

2 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

Because they are :p20:

Fact is they're not, they have the best side theyve had in years and we can either take the blue tinted specs off and accept it or continue to live in denial while they pull further ahead

How anyone can say with confidence we'll take 9 points from the sheep and Hearts is beyond me, we've won back to back games once this season...

Hearts away, we'll struggle. Games like this this team folds. In the 6 games we've played away from home against our nearest rivals we've taken 0 points and conceded 17. We don't roll our sleeves up and fight we turn into shitebags when the going gets tough.

Sheep at home, Warburton's biggest game of his career bar none. If we lose he's done. Hope the players know what this game means because losing at home to them is unthinkable. Not much between the teams, could go either way.

Hearts at home is the only game I'd be confident going into.

6 hours ago, martin93 said:

Fact is they're not, they have the best side theyve had in years and we can either take the blue tinted specs off and accept it or continue to live in denial while they pull further ahead

They're pish, If we took chances in games we'd be above them in the table,they look good because we're poor stop actin like a tarrier and biggin them up. 

5 hours ago, Max1872 said:

How anyone can say with confidence we'll take 9 points from the sheep and Hearts is beyond me, we've won back to back games once this season...

Hearts away, we'll struggle. Games like this this team folds. In the 6 games we've played away from home against our nearest rivals we've taken 0 points and conceded 17. We don't roll our sleeves up and fight we turn into shitebags when the going gets tough.

Sheep at home, Warburton's biggest game of his career bar none. If we lose he's done. Hope the players know what this game means because losing at home to them is unthinkable. Not much between the teams, could go either way.

Hearts at home is the only game I'd be confident going into.

You belong at kerrydale street ya negative Borin bastard. 

5 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

You've got fuck all confidence in the team, you're running scared of Aberdeen and Hearts ffs :lol: get a grip son, 2 shite teams. 

You're right I don't have any confidence in this team. Doesn't make me one of them tho does it? Aberdeen are that shite they're ahead of us doh 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

That's probably because we're god fucking awful and have been all season tbf.

I wouldn't say we're awful, maybe a bit suspect at the back at times, but dominating every game we've played this season apart from Celtic isn't poor, as i said previously if we took half the chances every game that we've squandered we'd be top of this table.

3 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

I wouldn't say we're awful, maybe a bit suspect at the back at times, but dominating every game we've played this season apart from Celtic isn't poor, as i said previously if we took half the chances every game that we've squandered we'd be top of this table.

I don't get where people get this idea we're awful, we are functional but the thing is is we don't have the goals to show for it. If we took every single chance in this season we'd likely be up in the high 40s in terms of goals. 

We drew with Ross county but they cleared the ball off the line twice other than that we've outplayed the majority of the teams we've came up against.

I don't think people really grasp how hard it is to break down 11 men behind the ball. It's not "good" defending, it's punting the ball up as soon as you get the earliest chance to. It's a viable tactic that works. 

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I don't get where people get this idea we're awful, we are functional but the thing is is we don't have the goals to show for it. If we took every single chance in this season we'd likely be up in the high 40s in terms of goals. 

We drew with Ross county but they cleared the ball off the line twice other than that we've outplayed the majority of the teams we've came up against.

I don't think people really grasp how hard it is to break down 11 men behind the ball. It's not "good" defending, it's punting the ball up as soon as you get the earliest chance to. It's a viable tactic that works. 

If people scored every chance they had against us, we'd concede a lot more. We've been lucky in that sense tbf.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

They base it on the goals we've conceded and the chances we've missed, they don't mention the free flowing, attacking game we play, or the possession in games, not seen a game this season apart from the tarriers under 65%, always a negative to be mentioned

15 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

There's no point repeating this 'if we take our chances' pish.  If it was one game we played, had dominated, and were unlucky not to find the net then fine.  We're well in to the season now and are struggling to find the net in every game we play.  I don't have the league table in front of me but wouldn't be surprised if Hearts and Aberdeen have scored more than us.  We clearly lack quality up front and especially in those wide areas.  

2 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Aberdeen have scored 5 more and Hearts 7, we're scoring fuck all because of this formation 1 central striker, 4-4-2 and we'd be scoring for fun. 

Give Garner a partner up top and he'll be scoring at least 2 every game. He was on target at least 3 times within the first 20 minutes of the dundee game.

Our formation needs reworking, having extra men in the midfield to assert dominance would make things much better. Get a big son of a bitch in the midfield to team along Halliday and Rossiter and then it's just a case of going up top. 

Wouldn't need to worry about the defence at that point since we'll be scoring as much, even at that another centre half wouldn't be bad. 

18 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I do. Let me help you ... we are almost half way through the season and we are just holding onto our third spot (if we both win next week and Hearts beat us they go above us and we are into 4th albiet on goal difference) ... 

We've only won twice by more than 1 goal (I think - Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle - If I'm wrong someone won't be long in correcting me) ... and failed to beat some utter shite including the then bottom team 2 weeks ago). 

We are out the League cup, got slaughtered off the tarriers at Parkhead, can't score, can't defend, apparently have no money to buy better players, have signings that for one reason or another won't / didn't / don't or can't play. 

Saying stuff like "ah but the draw with Ross County they cleared the ball off the line twice" sounds one of the most desperate things I've ever heard.