Next 8 games to define this season and the team?

RFCRobertson

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/11/2016 at 3:28 PM, Wearethepeople72 said:

It'll be close but I think we will just beat Aberdeen to second. Can see us finishing 20-25 points behind the scum in 1st though. I wouldn't be surprised if they go unbeaten this season in the league.

Can't argue with that mate 

And while it will be a sour taste in the mouth we need to be realistic.

Four years ago when we were at our lowest ebb and starting out again all I wanted was to see The Rangers Survive as a Club and begin to climb back to the top. I said at that time a Europa league place in year one back at the top would be progress and I haven't changed my view.

I do think however that we can finish second and yes way behind the scum but I don't give a shit about them. 

Second and Europa cup place is progress for me

I never for one minute thought we would be splashing cash in year one at the top. It has to be steady progress within proper financial constraints because it was debt which allowed our enemies to come for us in the first place.

Many will disagree with my view and as fellow bears they have the right to do so 

14 minutes ago, Bluerod said:

Can't argue with that mate 

And while it will be a sour taste in the mouth we need to be realistic.

Four years ago when we were at our lowest ebb and starting out again all I wanted was to see The Rangers Survive as a Club and begin to climb back to the top. I said at that time a Europa league place in year one back at the top would be progress and I haven't changed my view.

I do think however that we can finish second and yes way behind the scum but I don't give a shit about them. 

Second and Europa cup place is progress for me

I never for one minute thought we would be splashing cash in year one at the top. It has to be steady progress within proper financial constraints because it was debt which allowed our enemies to come for us in the first place.

Many will disagree with my view and as fellow bears they have the right to do so 

Nothing wrong with that post, only thing that bugs me is the football we played at the end of 2015 to where we are now is completely different, teams had a go due to how McCoist set us up and showed how complete pish we were and MW destroyed them, soon as they changed tactics we didn't and has allowed Hibs into the Europa League before us and every cunt to have a chance against us

I would expect us to win it this year if Delia had been in charge but they cunts took it a level up with their manager and recruitment and we didn't, ok, we got unlucky with Barton and Kranjcar but to be honest, one was already a prick and another was injury prone so it wouldn't need a crystal ball to see it

I agree finishing second and a few points behind them in the first season back isn't a disgrace but finishing what looks like 30-40 points behind and a real battle for 2nd or 3rd is what gets me pissed off and doesn't show a lot of hope for next season

This January and the summer window is absolutely massive for us, we need some real money spent, I'm not talking £20/30m but maybe £5m to put together some spine to the team and give these cunts a real fucking go, good thing is as soon as Rodgers and Dembele get a decent offer they are off

• 2 weeks later...

So far, 6 points out of 9 with another 5 games to go. 

Most we can leave this month with at this point is 44 points which will be tough considering the old firm. 

If every game from now on is played with the same passion and intensity as Saturdays, we may just be alright :pipe: 

But we need to get our away form sorted and small teams like Accies and ICT need to be guaranteed 3 pointers. It's small battles like that that win the war.

Regardless be it 5 wins, 5 losses, 5 draws or a combination of the 3: God bless the Rangers :21: