Fraser Aird

JCDBigBear

1 hour ago, cumnockbear said:

Any games I've watched him for the whitecaps he looked a very decent atttacking and defending right back and could give tav a run for his money.

This is exactly what Tav needs as he is sometimes too complacent at RB, knowing there's no other real options. 

Time will tell if it's young Aird snapping at his heels though 

He was being converted to a right back and went out to get experience in a new position and at a decent level of football. I wouldn't dismiss him yet, let's see what he can do. One player to cover both fullbacks isn't ideal so Aird might still have a chance. 

We don't need right back competition and back-up - that's what Hodson is for.

Unless the boy has improved dramatically and has had a career transformation in the year he's been away then release him and let him try and find his feet somewhere else he might be needed and suited - seriously think an Airdrie or something would be a good team for him, 

4 hours ago, trueblueal said:

He was being converted to a right back and went out to get experience in a new position and at a decent level of football. I wouldn't dismiss him yet, let's see what he can do. One player to cover both fullbacks isn't ideal so Aird might still have a chance. 

Certainly worth seeing how he's matured and developed outside the goldfish bowl.  Few weeks training, few games with development squad, maybe take him to Leipzig etc, see how he gets on.  May amount to nothing but given we saw fit to loan out rather than release then it's worth a look-see.

43 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Certainly worth seeing how he's matured and developed outside the goldfish bowl.  Few weeks training, few games with development squad, maybe take him to Leipzig etc, see how he gets on.  May amount to nothing but given we saw fit to loan out rather than release then it's worth a look-see.

He might make a wing back in our system.  His strengths were pace, running power and enthusiasm. He didn't have the trickery or vision to be a top level winger but he was wholehearted and he had a decent knack of scoring. If he has developed a positional sense then he has some decent qualities as an attacking wingback. 

Even if Aird doesn't make it at Rangers I think the position change will prove good for his career elsewhere 

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Summer 2018 according to that article. 

Thanks. Interesting to see what happens next. He comes across as a nice guy and I wish him the best. Maybe as other posters have said, it's worth keeping him in the development side for a bit: he's still young, after all...

9 hours ago, LiviGer said:

He will probably play a couple of U20s games before being shown the door in January. Between Hodson and Tav the right back position is covered. 

Hodson's been far from impressive.  Asleep on the ball and cost us a goal. Neither Aird not Hodson have enough quality to put the required pressure on Tavernier. 

For everybody saying Aird is shite are you basing this on having seen him play recently or are you judging him on what you saw when he had a few games for us in a position which is no longer his? He's a young man who deserves every chance to prove himself again. Might not make it but I think as a support we write off players far too easily.

20 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Hodson's been far from impressive.  Asleep on the ball and cost us a goal. Neither Aird not Hodson have enough quality to put the required pressure on Tavernier. 

Name a defender who hasn't cost us a goal this season. Aird is no better than what we have.