Fraser Aird

JCDBigBear

17 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

For everybody saying Aird is shite are you basing this on having seen him play recently or are you judging him on what you saw when he had a few games for us in a position which is no longer his? He's a young man who deserves every chance to prove himself again. Might not make it but I think as a support we write off players far too easily.

Appreciate your optimism but yes I have seen him play for Vancouver. HE started there as you would hope, positive and determined to prove his worth, but struggled after a few matches. He has pace and commitment but... well, I'll let people who know more about the technical aspects of the game fill in the rest!

1 hour ago, LiviGer said:

Name a defender who hasn't cost us a goal this season. Aird is no better than what we have. 

Hodson just looks like a below average player to me. I was at the game where he cost us that goal, and he was clueless throughout.  No positional sense at all. Agree with you about Aird.  

2 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Hodson just looks like a below average player to me. I was at the game where he cost us that goal, and he was clueless throughout.  No positional sense at all. Agree with you about Aird.  

He made a mistake early in that gane and never recovered.

He had performed well in other games for us and looks decent when he plays for Norther Ireland, in fact was that game not a few days after he got NI mom against Germany?

The top end of the MLS is around the same level as Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen. But there are some pretty poor teams in there lower down if we're honest, though it is improving. And for clarity, there were 34 regular season games for Whitecaps last season and he started 18 of them, playing in a further 4 cup games. A regular starter, but not the first name on the team sheet by any means.

2 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

You don't play regularly in a league far better than the SPL at the age of 21 by being shite :lol: 

I'm amazed some people still use this theory of "he plays well in a higher standard of league so will be amazing here". The majority of the players that make up our current squad came from a better standard of league in England, and we're currently struggling to cling on to 3rd place in the league. Barton was supposed to have torn this league apart and look how he turned out.

2 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

The top end of the MLS is around the same level as Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen. But there are some pretty poor teams in there lower down if we're honest, though it is improving. And for clarity, there were 34 regular season games for Whitecaps last season and he started 18 of them, playing in a further 4 cup games. A regular starter, but not the first name on the team sheet by any means.

Tbf the MLS will wipe the floor money wise compared to the SPL, there is still a good number of decent players there!

10 hours ago, plumbGER said:

He made a mistake early in that gane and never recovered.

He had performed well in other games for us and looks decent when he plays for Norther Ireland, in fact was that game not a few days after he got NI mom against Germany?

You could be right about the Germany game, and I had read about how good he was meant to be, which is why I was so disappointed in what I saw. 

15 hours ago, BF2 said:

I'm amazed some people still use this theory of "he plays well in a higher standard of league so will be amazing here". The majority of the players that make up our current squad came from a better standard of league in England, and we're currently struggling to cling on to 3rd place in the league. Barton was supposed to have torn this league apart and look how he turned out.

Most of us thought Barton would walk this league, you would have to have been deluded not to. Obviously didn't pan out that way but did we give him a chance? Yes. Why can't Aird get a chance? Because he wasn't Messi at the age of 19? Fucking ridiculous to write him off before we have even seen him play again :lol: 

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

Most of us thought Barton would walk this league, you would have to have been deluded not to. Obviously didn't pan out that way but did we give him a chance? Yes. Why can't Aird get a chance? Because he wasn't Messi at the age of 19? Fucking ridiculous to write him off before we have even seen him play again :lol: 

I'm not saying he hasn't improved during his time away.  Maybe he has, I don't know.  I don't watch the MLS because it's over-dramatized American pish.

But the theory of any player who has played in a higher standard of league will walk the SPL has been proved wrong multiple times. 

He may be decent he may not.

But if he can't improve the team (and who is he realistically going to replace - Tav?) then it's better he continued his development and career elsewhere.

Hardie is the only one I reckon could come in right now and have an impact if given a chance.

On 21/11/2016 at 6:30 PM, Skyson1872 said:

You don't play regularly in a league far better than the SPL at the age of 21 by being shite :lol: he is obviously a lot better than half you cunts think he is based on a few performances 3 year ago

The RangersMedia bastien of football knowledge has spoken. 

Even the lad from Toronto has said he's pish (in a nice way) ... I'd bet he's seen more of him than you. 

Go back and watch out shocking championship days once we were up against some full time opposition under ally and watch aird ? 

While so many of our fans were boycotting we had to watch aird type players he was clueless hopeless and had no idea of his surroundings the torture of watching him and foster chase each others shadows in the 4 0 debacle at easter road will haunt me until the day i die.

1 of his last appearances at st mirren he came on as a sub and was embarrassing and did not resemble a footballer at any level 

On 21/11/2016 at 8:49 PM, Torontoblue76 said:

Standard in that league is no where near the level of over here, every game I watch and the defending is lower league football its that bad.

People always knock our game and under estimate it, sure its not the greatest.