Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

43 minutes ago, GM63 said:

It’s incredible to think that when all this was initially exposed that they could have called the police and that would have (quite possibly) been the end of the matter. All fans of all clubs would have respected them for that at least, but no they chose to stay silent and one of many many abusers was allowed to carry on his abuse - who knows how many he harmed when he left them, these creatures don’t stop - and to compound matters he was allowed to inveigle himself back in with no objections from anywhere.

They couldn’t even use the defence of “innocent until found guilty” or he wouldn’t have been marched from the premises in the first place, if there was not evidence to prove it.

On the other side of it I’m sure that one of the high profile victims from England claimed the “celtic Cup” was where a lot of victims suffered. I’ve never heard of this cup but it sounds like a club like no other were all over it..

Bennell brought kids teams to play tournaments in Scotland, did any play in the celtic Cup?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two different aspects to this.

Firstly, the SFA will have been advised to stay silent until these cases are complete, not least because there may be revelations unforeseen at this time. That is me giving them the benefit of the doubt because even a holding statement (“we are aware of court cases, current and pending, and will monitor these before any further statement”) would have shown some degree of awareness, leadership and responsibility. When the last pervert gets banged up, the “no comment” option is gone and, if there is still no action, then FIFA have to be called in.

Secondly, there is the question of sporting advantage. This was the big baseball bat that they beat us with and the lie most often thrown at us by haters, even through LNS made it clear that was a red herring. Disgusting though these stories are, they certainly can’t be said to be to celtic’s playing advantage unless you factor in compensation payments not made at the time (therefore less funds for playing squad?) but the financial impact of paying off victims would have been insignificant. I think this might yet be the fig leaf that the scum hide behind. “Yes we covered up child rape but at least we didn’t cheat...”

Which means that any action taken, if ever, by the SFA will probably be punitive rather than restorative, offsetting a perceived advantage. So how do you punish a member club found guilty of operating and harbouring a systematic network of perverts?

A big fine? Probably

Stripping of trophies? Cannot see it

Expulsion? No chance

I can these cunts getting off lightly, especially given the vicelike grip Lawwell has on the SFA.

But whatever happens, their “good name” is well and truly gone, their reputation is in tatters and they will hereafter be known for one thing and one thing only. They are tainted and the stain is permanent.

And it is up to us to remind them forevermore.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Firstly, the SFA will have been advised to stay silent until these cases are complete, not least because there may be revelations unforeseen at this time. That is me giving them the benefit of the doubt because even a holding statement (“we are aware of court cases, current and pending, and will monitor these before any further statement”) would have shown some degree of awareness, leadership and responsibility. When the last pervert gets banged up, the “no comment” option is gone and, if there is still no action, then FIFA have to be called in.

Secondly, there is the question of sporting advantage. This was the big baseball bat that they beat us with and the lie most often thrown at us by haters, even through LNS made it clear that was a red herring. Disgusting though these stories are, they certainly can’t be said to be to celtic’s playing advantage unless you factor in compensation payments not made at the time (therefore less funds for playing squad?) but the financial impact of paying off victims would have been insignificant. I think this might yet be the fig leaf that the scum hide behind. “Yes we covered up child rape but at least we didn’t cheat...”

Which means that any action taken, if ever, by the SFA will probably be punitive rather than restorative, offsetting a perceived advantage. So how do you punish a member club found guilty of operating and harbouring a systematic network of perverts?

A big fine? Probably

Expulsion? No chance

I can these cunts getting off lightly, especially given the vicelike grip Lawwell has on the SFA.

But whatever happens, their “good name” is well and truly gone, their reputation is in tatters and they will hereafter be known for one thing and one thing only. They are tainted and the stain is permanent.

it should be expulsion but doubt it will happen unfortunately although I do think they could be demoted to the bottom league that at the very least should happen and if it doesn't we should be demanding it

Its time any sponsors throwing money at this rancid club pulls the plug on the deal immediately.

Its clear as day now what they allowed to go on and what they did not do that would have stopped it.

Anyone supporting them financially runs the risk of being classed as the same disgusting, lowlife scum that the world will now class celtic.

Does anyone have a list of their sponsors?

Just a thought.......

We know there’s been a cover up. We know that Torbett was invited back. We know he had a business relationship with certain board members. 

Two names more complicit than any....Kelly and McGinn. 

Is it too far of a stretch to think that maybe they didn’t cover it up as much as maybe they were involved? 

I’m just speculating as this may be the reason that the SFA are burying the head in the sand. Since one of them was the President.....

9 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

Just a thought.......

We know there’s been a cover up. We know that Torbett was invited back. We know he had a business relationship with certain board members. 

Two names more complicit than any....Kelly and McGinn. 

Is it too far of a stretch to think that maybe they didn’t cover it up as much as maybe they were involved? 

I’m just speculating as this may be the reason that the SFA are burying the head in the sand. Since one of them was the President.....

Is McGinn the relation to the tarrier Nial McGinn that just signed for villa and his fenian brother at st Mirren ? 

On 29/11/2016 at 19:53, Copland bear said:

They should be demoted to the bottom tier, no tv money or any other shared revenue with other clubs i.e. Tv deal for 10 years , forced to play a full season behind closed doors and. Kicked out the cups for 5 years and possibly even hepave their licence revoked and kicked out of football 

If this is the case then the club are quite rightly severely fucked 

Penn state received a $20m penalty on top of their demotion 

33 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

So you have the founder and president of the boys club now convicted....

...makes you wonder what the true reasons for setting up the club really were?

To rescue poor oirish karflicks fleeing the great no potatoes famine 150 years before............and to rape children.

50 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

So you have the founder and president of the boys club now convicted....

...makes you wonder what the true reasons for setting up the club really were?

you don't need to wonder .it was THE reason .

you don't just become a peado .it's in built in them .

around mid 90s there was a guy same age as me .mid 20s set up a local boys club .I knew him through work 

he went around local businesses looking for sponsorship etc .

within a year he was hounded out of the country .he had been on a camping trip with a group of the young boys and tried to touch a couple of the boys up in their tents .

A gang of parents went to his work to issue some "justice" he had to be sneaked out the back door and he ran away down to England. still got prosecuted though .

Now starting up a boys club under the banner of a large professional club offered more protection .the Penn state peado sis the same 

22 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

A big fine? Probably

Expulsion? No chance

On July 23, 2012, the NCAA imposed a $60 million fine on Pennsylvania State University, four-year postseason ban, scholarship reductions, and vacated all victories from 1998 to 2011. 

That is for one person, Sandusky, over a 15 year ca period. 

Additionally, three Penn State school officials (school president Graham Spanier, vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley) were charged with perjury, obstruction of justice, failure to report suspected child abuse, and related charges.

Penn State did not re-employ known paedophiles and their was one individual, Sandusky, and not an fully fledged internal paedo ring, as is/was at celtic park. 

(Jerry Sandusky, the ca perpetrator received a 442 (four hundred & forty two) years prison sentence).

If a similar measure of justice & punishment is laid down against cfc, then cfc should be closed down.

9 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

On July 23, 2012, the NCAA imposed a $60 million fine on Pennsylvania State University, four-year postseason ban, scholarship reductions, and vacated all victories from 1998 to 2011. 

Additionally, three Penn State school officials (school president Graham Spanier, vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley) were charged with perjury, obstruction of justice, failure to report suspected child abuse, and related charges.

Penn State did not re-employ known paedophiles and their was one individual, Sandusky, and not an fully fledged internal paedo ring, as is/was at celtic park. 

If similar punishment is laid down against cfc, then cfc should be closed down.

In truth it’s the only fitting punishment, anything less is an affront to the victims.

20 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

In truth it’s the only fitting punishment, anything less is an affront to the victims.

And society - the reasons that government and laws are in place is to protect society. 

They've had their day with sporting integrity. 

This should be social justice. That's what it boils down to.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

If a similar measure of justice & punishment is laid down against cfc, then cfc should be closed down.

Those in power at Parkhead will be well aware of this case which has, in effect, set the benchmark for handling these cases. The fact of the matter is that what happened here is actually much worse in terms of the number of perpetrators, the re-employment of known molesters and, above all, the cover up.

Do the victims of celtic deserve justice any less?

Would be interested to know if the ruling body (NCAA) took the initiative themselves  to clean up their house or if they had to be shamed into action as might well be the case here with the SFA?

39 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Those in power at Parkhead will be well aware of this case which has, in effect, set the benchmark for handling these cases. The fact of the matter is that what happened here is actually much worse in terms of the number of perpetrators, the re-employment of known molesters and, above all, the cover up.

Do the victims of celtic deserve justice any less?

Would be interested to know if the ruling body (NCAA) took the initiative themselves  to clean up their house or if they had to be shamed into action as might well be the case here with the SFA?

It was a newspaper reporter Sara Ganim, that investigated and reported on the case. 

We could do with a reporter like her in Scotland - bigger balls than all of our wimps. 

I am positive she went on to win some national, USA, investigative Pulitzer award and was appointed by CNN or Fox News, one of the big entities. 

Edit: just found this; where she as a 22yo was confronted with very difficult times in the case:

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.glamour.com/story/meet-the-woman-who-exposed-jerry-sandusky/amp

On 08/12/2018 at 14:53, watpnosurrender said:

it should be expulsion but doubt it will happen unfortunately although I do think they could be demoted to the bottom league that at the very least should happen and if it doesn't we should be demanding it

Really guys .There is no chance the bheasts will take any rap for this 

Certainly not any that will effect the present team 

Neither from Scottish football or authorities 

none 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Really guys .There is no chance the bheasts will take any rap for this 

Certainly not any that will effect the present team 

Neither from Scottish football or authorities 

none 

sometimes I totally agree .then others I think they can't possibly get away Scot free and others I think they will come out of this as the victim 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

sometimes I totally agree .then others I think they can't possibly get away Scot free and others I think they will come out of this as the victim 

Maybe not the victim this time 

it's pushing it , even with the rhodents own track record 

Noticed the rebel is linking both entities on the front page today 

Shocked 

The very fact that the Scottish footballing authorities are unwilling to act possibly shows that there is more than torbett and his gang involved in this, they've covered for him for decades he's maybe covering for other nameless (so far) perpetrators at a higher level.

Archived