Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

24 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

heard a few times that there is no record of us reporting Neely to the police .but I'm pretty sure the victim in questions father who reported the abuse to Rangers was a police officer himself .

I have heard also that Neely did receive a punishment for his disgusting behaviour .but it wasn't through the courts .It was the kind of justice most parents would like used 

Rangers also say it was reported. I'd imagine it's an issue at the police side. Notice the police say 'there is no record of it being reported', not 'it wasn't reported'. I'd guess it wasn't acted upon or old paper files are missing.

Rangers acted where they knew about abuse. celtic didn't. Rangers were let down by Hibs, who did know about Neely, and through inaction allowed him to be employed by us after they got rid if him.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Rangers also say it was reported. I'd imagine it's an issue at the police side. Notice the police say 'there is no record of it being reported', not 'it wasn't reported'. I'd guess it wasn't acted upon or old paper files are missing.

Rangers acted where they knew about abuse. celtic didn't. Rangers were let down by Hibs, who did know about Neely, and through inaction allowed him to be employed by us after they got rid if him.

Also I believe at the time the newspapers reported it as to why he left. There isn’t any Rangers official stating he left for business reasons etc. They really don’t get why their bastardised club is hated.

38 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

heard a few times that there is no record of us reporting Neely to the police .but I'm pretty sure the victim in questions father who reported the abuse to Rangers was a police officer himself .

I have heard also that Neely did receive a punishment for his disgusting behaviour .but it wasn't through the courts .It was the kind of justice most parents would like used 

Also Neely fiddled at Hibs who knew about it and NEVER TOLD US!

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

As Kenny Waugh's friend said: "...Rangers were denied knowledge of Neely’s activities – and they would certainly never have employed him, had they known."

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/missed-chance-to-stop-abuser/

7 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Pretty much, he said meet me, meet my clients or we will see you in court.

Even If the beasts settle over the Torbett victims they then have to deal with  victims in the upcoming court cases if there is a conviction.

20 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Its strange how those thousands of Legal Tax Experts amongst their junkie, illiterate fans arent also Legal Criminal Justice Experts...

Maybe they were ill during that module in Solicitor School... or buying school uniforms.

Criminal law is way easier to understand than tax or corporate law.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

The main tac the tims seem to breaking is 'Aye, but what about Dunn, Neely etc'.

Missing the point of covering up and enabling, basically. 

Also have to laugh that it only seems to be 'point scoring' when it's against them... but obviously it's fair game to point out alleged hypocrisy if it's pointed out by them. Fucking idiots.

Spot on, they are trying and failing in the point scoring nonsense.

The post above where one of them says he is giving up his season ticket because of point scoring is either very fucking stupid or lying to himself. Shameless bastards.

40 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I don’t even think Neely was accused of physical abuse on the boy, it was more suggestive, inappropriate behaviour. I may be wrong.

Differnce is we did something about it, the police may not have recorded it because nothing actually happened physically 

1 minute ago, hawkeye said:

Even If the beasts settle over the Torbett victims they then have to deal with the McCafferty and Cairney victims and who knows how mant others.

Not to mention John Cullen. Folk were also talking about a Gerry King now also.

Just now, bluedylan said:

At the start of the trial I was sceptical of how much damage this would do to celtic but it looks like it will have huge implications for the club now.

I would echo that. I thought it would the usual storm in a teacup that would be blown away by apathy. However, I didn't realise the extent of the issue, which is only just becoming clear.

7 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Also Neely fiddled at Hibs who knew about it and NEVER TOLD US!

no point puting any focus on hivs. 

as long as they cunts have something to point the finger at us for it takes a bit of heat off them .

they really are a shameless shower of cunts .and they have the brass neck to label us Scotland's shame .for singing a few songs 

17 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I doubt that the police will now hold records going back to 1990, particularly in relation to cases that did not result in prosecutions being brought. 

Just now, hawkeye said:

Neely was dealt with at the time.

No one should equate that case with the systematic abuse and cover up of child sex abuse at the Piggery.

and - we must not forget that the Neely stuff can never be more than allegations. There was no police investigation, no charges, no court case, no convictions - nothing. Its not dodging the issue - but its a simple fact.

30 minutes ago, Burnbank Derry said:

Announcing the hotline, chairman Fergus McCann said: "celtic Football Club has been receiving many calls from people and families in distress over the alleged incidents.

Still in denial. Horrible, vile bastards of the highest order.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

apparently, that 10 is the tip of the iceberg being represented by 1 firm.

Another of Torbett's victims is already pursuing celtic in the All Scotland Personal Injury Court, but he's represented by Digby Brown rather than Thompsons. 

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Spot on, they are trying and failing in the point scoring nonsense.

The post above where one of them says he is giving up his season ticket because of point scoring is either very fucking stupid or lying to himself. Shameless bastards.

Who was the taig fan (Phil ?) that said he couldnt go to games because of Rangers fans bile singing upsetting his 8 year old daughter... who was actually 19 at the time or something?

Always a lie to suit the narrative.

17 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

At the start of the trial I was sceptical of how much damage this would do to celtic but it looks like it will have huge implications for the club now.

A boy in work mentioned to me he thinks the tarriers won’t get sanctioned due to the SPFL chasing a new TV deal. 

Listening to bbc radio Scotland there, discussing this, they are singing the praises of Daly for his investigation  (rightly so)

However they credit him as though he’s the first journo to uncover this historic sordid story.

Well we’ve been saying and telling it for decades and no cunt was listening.

If Mr Daly wants further information I suggest he only need to trawl through any Rangers forums or blogs, the detail is all there.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

A boy in work mentioned to me he think the tarriers won’t get sanctioned due to the SPFL chasing a new TV deal. 

Don't know about that one mate the spfl and the sfa are just in the shit as the taigs people went to them and they send people away you see it soon, them distancing themselves from the taigs.

Archived