Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not about point scoring, nor should it be. 

Rather, it's about justice. 

Justice in the form of recognition and redress for those whose lives have been damaged as a result of childhood abuse;

justice in the form of criminal punishment for those who committed that abuse; and 

justice, in whatever legal form is appropriate, that sees to it that anyone who failed in their duties of care by turning a blind eye to that abuse or sweeping it under a convenient carpet does not escape the consequences of their acts or omissions. 

Penn state was a massive national affair with far reaching implications yet only involved one person. The celtic case involves at least half a dozen people(so far) and spans a period of around 40/50 years and has the potential to be the biggest case of organised sex abuse this country has seen. celtic’s close links with the Catholic Church will go a long way to explaining how this abuse was allowed to go unchallenged for so long and the majority of the British public will know nothing of the relationship between the 2 organisations as it is a unique occurrence in sport in this country.

1 hour ago, hawkeye said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-46131277

Update from BBC website ,McGuire acting for ten celtic boys club victims.

The lawyer doesn't miss them ,he nails it.

"When was it that celtic Football Club knew, or ought to have known, about what was going on and when should that club have taken action? Was it in the 90s? I have evidence to the contrary."

celtic FC have repeatedly insisted that the club was a completely separate entity from the boys club. Mr McGuire described that as "simply incorrect".

"We say that the two organisations, even if the boys club was a separate legal entity which in itself is questionable, were utterly intertwined."

"The connection, both financial and institutional, between the two is a very significant factor."

Boom,take that scum.

31 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

At the start of the trial I was sceptical of how much damage this would do to celtic but it looks like it will have huge implications for the club now.

I still think they will worm their way out of this, we al know what they are like. I hope I'm wrong

14 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Don't know about that one mate the spfl and the sfa are just in the shit as the taigs people went to them and they send people away you see it soon, them distancing themselves from the taigs.

Rats leaving a sinking ship springs to mind here. 

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Finger pointing? 

Naw it’s Karma

For those of us who don't believe in Karma it is about Justice and as we know the wheels of Justice grind slowly but they do seem to be grinding at long last.

Just to point out that tlb being hit (?) with a coin was raised in the pretendy parliament at first ministers questions today.

It was raised as ‘condemning sectarian behaviour ‘

This overblown incident is deemed serious enough to air in parliament yet there’s not one syllable being uttered about the real Scotland’s Shame cellic fc.

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just to point out that tlb being hit (?) with a coin was raised in the pretendy parliament at first ministers questions today.

It was raised as ‘condemning sectarian behaviour ‘

This overblown incident is deemed serious enough to air in parliament yet there’s not one syllable being uttered about the real Scotland’s Shame cellic fc.

Aye Nicola Sturgeon was saying he’s a good cunt for putting up with anti Irish racism. Not sure if anyone has told her yet he’s actually British.

Just heard this on Heart Radio station

I guess the rhancid bheast loving station will be saying nothing 

It's slowly being covered and the bheasts will be getting pressure .I do think they will have many of the bases covered though

There own denial might actually be their own downfall 

32 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Aye Nicola Sturgeon was saying he’s a good cunt for putting up with anti Irish racism. Not sure if anyone has told her yet he’s actually British.

was the actual racist coin throwing incident also raised .

you know the one where a black Catholic was hit by a coin 

2 hours ago, Kaiser Wull said:

Justice in the form of recognition and redress for those whose lives have been damaged as a result of childhood abuse;

justice in the form of criminal punishment for those who committed that abuse; and 

justice, in whatever legal form is appropriate, that sees to it that anyone who failed in their duties of care by turning a blind eye to that abuse or sweeping it under a convenient carpet does not escape the consequences of their acts or omissions. 

I would ban anyone that even mentions the words "point scoring "after what our club has been through 

It should never be debated or mentioned as appeasement or anything for that matter 

This club are Guilty  of covering up child abuse .It goes much further than anything normal people can comprehend 

They are Guilty .There is absolutely no doubt 

Only corruption and nepotism is giving them the sanctuary they do not deserve 

2 hours ago, quabba said:

I still think they will worm their way out of this, we al know what they are like. I hope I'm wrong

They'll try for sure. But no way they worm out. This is too big. Torbett is the tip of the iceberg. There is more of those animals to go on trial and more details to come out. 

Scum may have pals in the media and influence in the SPFL, SFA etc.

But they will soon distance themselves once more details emerge.

This will bury them and rightfully so. 

3 hours ago, Kaiser Wull said:

Point scoring? They are having a laugh. 

For years we were the only people willing to openly discuss child abuse in our game. Told to be quiet, liars etc. 

Now it’s coming out we are right we are told we still can’t mention it. 

No one, absolutely no one should be censored when raising concerns about child abuse. 

Had we been listened to years ago the shit in which they now stand may not have been so deep. You’d think if anyone would be realising that silence doesn’t work it would be them. 

Archived