Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

9 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Can I ask? Where is this confidence coming from that the SFA will act?

Isn't that bringing the game into disrepute? They allegedly covered up child abuse FFS:no: 

There is only one option open  to the cunts if a link is proven mate  and thats kicking them from the Scottish game. 

Once the legal process is done I'd expect the sfa to act in the strongest possible way like us with EBTs

If they dont I'd expect our club to then put the pressure right on the sfa demanding action is taken

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel free to participate folk. Use/ amend as you wish...

Dear ….

I’m a [constituent/stakeholder] of [your organisation]. I’m writing you to note my deep concern and shock regarding the recent trial and conviction of Jim Torbett, formerly of celtic Boys club.

It has come to light, in the course of the trial, that Mr. Torbett was only one of a number of individuals involved with celtic Football Club whom engaged in systematic abuse of underage boys. It has also come to light that celtic FC was aware of this abuse as early as the mid 70’s, and has actively attempted to cover it up.

Now that some victims are speaking out, and as widely reported many more have sought legal representation, celtic FC has attempted to shamelessly distance themselves from their past moral wrongs. Given that the evidence points to a scale of abuse far beyond anything seen in British sport before, it is my view that celtic FC cannot, and should not, go unpunished for these serious moral and institutional failings.

The potential scale of this catastrophe reaches across the country and beyond, and it is my view that the government should become involved, not simply to oversee the case, but to make sure that justice is served. Justice for the tens and potentially hundreds of children abused from as young as 4 years of age under the cloak of celtic FC.

Miscarriage of justice is not an option here, just as it was not an option in the case of Penn State. As such, I urge [the government/your party] to keep abreast of the case. The scale of abuse is such that celtic cannot be allowed to subvert the judicial process.

Sincerely ….

8 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

That is a criminal doctrine. Civil standard lower on balance of probabilities so should be easier.

That will be the headshot IMO  (Although, I wouldn't put it past them to load the dice, or play the opus dei/Kofsc cards)

13 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I don’t see why they should have to wait till celtic tell them if they want to take responsibility, they are the govern body and it should be them telling celtic if they are responsible. If they don’t hold them responsible then football is fucked in our country and I’m afraid if our football team allow it to go unheeded so is our team.

We got Shafted by the SFA for something legal mate after the legal process is done the sfa need to take the strongest possible action If the football club is found guilty of covering up these crimes.  I'd be expecting our club to be putting the pressure on also. If the strongest action isn't taken I'd support us withdrawing from the Scottish game 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

5D9E4F73-261B-4926-9584-D98D89EBAFF9.png

3DCE5E60-95BF-4562-B8BD-2F8D87B31BAD.png

That's hard to believe, but there it is (shaking my head here). What is wrong with people?

The only people who seem to care about Michelle, Andrew and Kenny (and families) are Rangers supporters and it's got feck all to do with the guff that Shame FC 'fans' come out with. Everything surrounding this case is repulsive and there's a lot more cases to come that will add to that too.

Capital punishment should be made available for scum like him. 

31 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Can I ask? Where is this confidence coming from that the SFA will act?

They are the overseeing body, and will be considering how to react first and foremost to protect themselves. One of their members is facing serious pressure in regards to concealing and possibly abetting widespread sexual abuse of the most vulnerable group. As the footballing authority, they must be mindful of the ongoing legal processes, but also have obligations and duty of care.

To do nothing would put them at risk of allegations of conduct similar in nature to that which is being alleged against the scum. Ie evidence is reported or proven in court, did nothing, failed in duty of care and are therefore complicit / become liable themselves. Or they take sides (organisational suicide)

Or they seek independent, impartial review and investigation which I reckon ultimately they'll be forced to do.

Self preservation will force action.

The SFA’s silence in this is abhorrent. We have an issue where a football club is denying a link to its boys club and the football authority we have that governs these issues are saying nothing. They are contributing to this perverted desire by that club to further the pain felt by the survivors. The SFA are our football authority they have the power to tell celtic to stop the lies and if the club don’t agree then tell them then to take it to court. 

1 minute ago, Malkster said:

their complacency could be their undoing

Here's hoping.  Not had a chance to catch up on this but hopefully gathering pace. They, the people involved in this cover up, and that's what it is, need to be brought to task.

Guys just remember to keep it as possible crimes we dont want these cunts getting off with something based on whats been posted on the web. Scum fc will be looking through our websites trying to come up with anything that might aid them give them nothing 

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The SFA’s silence in this is abhorrent. We have an issue where a football club is denying a link to its boys club and the football authority we have that governs these issues are saying nothing. They are contributing to this perverted desire by that club to further the pain felt by the survivors. The SFA are our football authority they have the power to tell celtic to stop the lies and if the club don’t agree then tell them then to take it to court. 

but don't forget who has offices at Hampdump

Just now, Malkster said:

but don't forget who has offices at Hampdump

I’m not, but I’m also not forgetting the power our football team has and being the biggest club in the league should give the board enough courage to call it out. Fucksake 95% of our supporters would surely support it, football is just a game. What they cunts did is away above that. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Here's hoping.  Not had a chance to catch up on this but hopefully gathering pace. They, the people involved in this cover up, and that's what it is, need to be brought to task.

Spot on Moody. This runs deep, there's too many determinants involved to convince me otherwise. It's no just like the creepy guy you know who if ever turned oot a nonce you'd say "aye he wis always a bit of a weirdo", this has been systematic in not just the acts but the act of covering up. 

Vile bastard of a club, and fucking religion. 

The cynic in me has doubts this thing will play out the way it should. We all know tarriers and what they are capable of, even the ones who are professionals,

they are incapable of separating their professional life from their misguided loyalty to their club/church, one only has to look at the wee pretendy government or the toon cooncil etc. liars to a man. So, while I hope for some form of reparation for the victims, I won't be surprised if the verdict goes in the scums favour.

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They are the overseeing body, and will be considering how to react first and foremost to protect themselves. One of their members is facing serious pressure in regards to concealing and possibly abetting widespread sexual abuse of the most vulnerable group. As the footballing authority, they must be mindful of the ongoing legal processes, but also have obligations and duty of care.

To do nothing would put them at risk of allegations of conduct similar in nature to that which is being alleged against the scum. Ie evidence is reported or proven in court, did nothing, failed in duty of care and are therefore complicit / become liable themselves. Or they take sides (organisational suicide)

Or they seek independent, impartial review and investigation which I reckon ultimately they'll be forced to do.

Self preservation will force action.

I hope you’re right but I only can’t see it. The SFA are riddled with tarriers!!

33 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We got Shafted by the SFA for something legal mate after the legal process is done the sfa need to take the strongest possible action If the football club is found guilty of covering up these crimes.  I'd be expecting our club to be putting the pressure on also. If the strongest action isn't taken I'd support us withdrawing from the Scottish game 

Fuck the legal process, they are the govern body for celtic fc. They are the ones that should be enforcing it that they are lying about this separate identity rubbish. If the bastards don’t agree then they have the right to take the SFA to court but it shouldn’t be celtic telling the sfa what’s what it’s the sfa that should be telling celtic what the legality of it is.

11 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I hope you’re right but I only can’t see it. The SFA are riddled with tarriers!!

I get why you're doubtful.

But back when our admin was mentioned or even when EBTs became the buzzword, did you really think we'd end up in the 3rd Division?

Yes it's riddled with them. But it's more riddled with folk looking out for number 1. And there'll be a right few concerned folk walking those corridors of power right now.

1 hour ago, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

That's a few good posts you've made mate.

Re iii: This is their only 'get out' as far as I see it with the latest piece of shit. If McCafferty is convicted, they have nowhere to go.

Re i: If they do indeed go down the no legal liability route and lose one, just one, then we'll see lots of these (NDA's) as they will then know that they don't have a defence and save themselves any further disgust from the public with more sordid details emerging from each case. 

Surely mccafferty will be convicted, didnt he hand himself in to the coppers and admit fiddling the weans

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely mccafferty will be convicted, didnt he hand himself in to the coppers and admit fiddling the weans

he is the key i think. There is a direct link to celtic - not the boys club - and once he starts talking, unless he wants to die in prison, i think he will name names left, right and centre 

Archived