Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s coming out in the open now. No wonder liewell isn’t coming to Ibrox. Utter scum.

"celtic Boys' Club sex abuse victim says torment carried on when he signed for Parkhead club” .............daily rebel today.

Kenny Campbell was preyed on by sick paedophile Jim Torbett between 1986 and 1994.

A victim of celtic Boys Club paedophile Jim Torbett claims he continued to be abused after he signed for the “big” club.

Kenny Campbell was preyed on by Torbett when he was in the under-14s squad. And the former player claims he was still in the pervert’s grip after he was taken on by celtic FC.

Kenny appears in a team photo of young Hoops players in front of the main stand at celtic Park in 1988.

He said that during his time as a youth player, Torbett was a regular presence at Parkhead. Kenny claimed he often turned up to conduct business or discuss recruits with Parkhead bosses.

He added: “I was playing with celtic Boys Club until I was 16. Then, I was signed on S-forms by Billy McNeill in his office.

“I was still being abused after that, right up until I was 17.”

Kenny said: “That was a proud day being in that team group. But I was still being abused at that point.”

The photo appeared in a celtic programme from 1988. Under the heading “Reserve Scene”, the team is referred to as “The Young Team”.

Kenny’s claims challenge celtic’s position that they have no responsibility for the abuse meted out by Torbett."

rebel edited this in an hour ago

After Torbett was sentenced following his trial at the High Court in Glasgow, the sister of another rvictim also hit out at celtic FC.

Andrew Gray went to the police to report Torbett’s abuse but he died in an accident in Australia, aged 41, before he could face him in court.

However, his testimony to police helped convict the predator.

Michael’s sister Michelle said: “I’m disgusted that celtic disassociated themselves from the boys club.”

Kenny’s lawyer Laura Connor, a partner with Thompsons Solicitors, said: “The idea that celtic Boys Club and celtic Football Club were not connected is clearly nonsense.

“No child that played for the boys club or their parents were in any doubt the two institutions were 
closely linked. It is time that celtic FC properly compensated Kenny, who was abused on their watch.”

Thompsons are representing 11 people who claim they were abused at celtic Boys Club, including three who say they were abused by Torbett.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court on Wednesday, former celtic Boys Club chairman Gerald King, 66, was convicted of abusing four boys and a girl while he was a teacher in Glasgow in the 80s. Sentenced was deferred.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

This stuff is horrific. Wtf do adults that do this sort of shit see in children ffs

there is something wrong with the way these people are wired up .lots of people are wired up wrong in so many different ways .

It will be a daily occurrence for most people to have some sort of urge that is very wrong .from something as simple as smashing some cunts windows to smashing somebody's face in just coz u feel like it ,right through to the disgusting acts peadophiles and other sex offenders do .

The thing is we all have the ability to self control .we know something is wrong so we hold ourselves back and dont act on our wrong urges .

It's no coincidence that there is a higher proportion of child sex offences commited by the RC community .For this I blame their so called religion and it's. go to confession and it's all ok system .makes it far easier for them to offend and feel ok about it .

The sentences these guys get in this country do not help either compared to other countries 

shocking how our culture let's down it's people 

"celtic Boys' Club sex abuse victim says torment carried on when he signed for Parkhead club

Kenny Campbell was preyed on by sick paedophile Jim Torbett between 1986 and 1994.

A victim of celtic Boys Club paedophile Jim Torbett claims he continued to be abused after he signed for the “big” club.

Kenny Campbell was preyed on by Torbett when he was in the under-14s squad. And the former player claims he was still in the pervert’s grip after he was taken on by celtic FC.

Kenny appears in a team photo of young Hoops players in front of the main stand at celtic Park in 1988.

He said that during his time as a youth player, Torbett was a regular presence at Parkhead. Kenny claimed he often turned up to conduct business or discuss recruits with Parkhead bosses.

He added: “I was playing with celtic Boys Club until I was 16. Then, I was signed on S-forms by Billy McNeill in his office.

Kenny said: “That was a proud day being in that team group. But I was still being abused at that point.”

The photo appeared in a celtic programme from 1988. Under the heading “Reserve Scene”, the team is referred to as “The Young Team”.

Kenny’s claims challenge celtic’s position that they have no responsibility for the abuse meted out by Torbett."

_104683631_record.jpg

23 hours ago, B1872 said:

Are we still expecting celtic to escape punishment for this? 

Looking less likely now the genie out the bottle. If the Sfa ignores this they are complicit in covering up child rape.

this is going to get very messy with legal technicalities .

while it's being said he was abused by torbett while at the boys club and big club. it doesn't prove they are one and the same .just the same if he had been abused by a neighbour while at the boys club and at the big club .if he was abused by the neighbour while at the club it had nothing to do with them. 

These scumbags are going to hang this out for as long as possible to keep extracting money for their shareholders until it's proved in court that the big club have a liability here .

As the days go on and the stories come out they just going to make things worse in the long run .It's no longer about just protecting the name of the club it's about making as much cash as possible before they get caught out .

Total scumbags 

and they have the cheek to call us Scotland's shame for singing a few songs that they claim to offend them 

32 minutes ago, Smile said:

"celtic Boys' Club sex abuse victim says torment carried on when he signed for Parkhead club

A victim of celtic Boys Club paedophile Jim Torbett claims he continued to be abused after he signed for the “big” club.

_104683631_record.jpg

front page of the record now. Things seem to be changing a little...

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Looking less likely now the genie out the bottle. If the Sfa ignores this they are complicit in covering up child rape.

Exactly mate. How much longer are they going to ignore this.

I've said before they should be getting absolutely hammered with every available sporting sanction and criminal charges available. 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

lets not post anything we may or may not have heard with relation to the actual court proceedings though eh?

Lawyers for the scum will be scrolling through these threads on our forums especially hoping for a get out

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Is it all your latest posts in here mate you want deleted ?? I am sure @cushynumber can help you with that if you think it is important. :thumbup:

I'm no sure mate....not sure if I've stepped over the mark with what I had posted on here. All gods honest truth but I'm not so sure if I should have gone into such detail....fact knows 😕

Archived