Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What’s the status of the petition, anyone know?

I had a look on the ScotGov website but can’t see it

http://www.parliament.scot/gettinginvolved/petitions/viewpetitions.aspx?sortBy=ClosingDate&page=0

WATP-FOREVER put this in the BJK thread in the BD S.

Fantastic that our community that are criticised of taking up this stance because we hate celtic, is actually untrue.

We may well dislike or even hate celtic

BUT WE HATE PAEDOPHILES EVEN MORE

Anyway, we’ve reached well over the prescribed (initial) 25,000 signatures, I can make out the following:

THE SCOTLAND PUBLIC PETITION COMMITTEE; PDF:

1. PDF             https://t.co/f4DwTuJbwg

2. PDF https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Ab1564cf4-dffc-4900-be8c-cf3566fd6e26

THE INTRODUCTION REFERS TO:

Page 1 of both PDF’s refer to one signature being sufficient to raise “change”/”petition”.

And goes on to mention that the committee sits every two weeks – with 7 MPS’s.

The initiator, Bob Gee (petitioner) is paying for www.change.org to host the petition – and is still paying for it, (whoever Bob is, brilliant). And no doubt Bob would need to submit to the PPC as soon as possible, along with the 25,000 signatories - a point mentioned is that the PPC would not review whilst there is a courtcase pending (McCafferty's).

So to everyone, I have no idea why it has gone onto mention 35,000 I will continue to monitor the internet and the PPC and see if an agenda comes up referring to this petition by name: “Petition to get Celtics cover up investigated”.

Also, with regard to McCafferty's case, someone asked when the McCafferty's trial was and I mentioned, 25 January, that is incorrect, 25 Jan is the date for the guilty verdict against Frank Cairney.

The Mccafferty court date seems to be illusive at the moment, I am told because he pleaded not guilty and then changed to guilty. But someone is finding out and will update this post.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3398565/ex-celtic-kitman-jim-mccafferty-court-historic-sex-attacks-boys/

6 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

The full facts  will never make court imo

celtic will have told him to plead guilty at the outset and keep his mooth shut

No one can tell a person what to do. A lawyer can advise but a client can ignore. They will not get near him unless he invites them.

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

WATP-FOREVER put this in the BJK thread in the BD S.

Fantastic that our community that are criticised of taking up this stance because we hate celtic, is actually untrue.

We may well dislike or even hate celtic

BUT WE HATE PAEDOPHILES EVEN MORE

Anyway, we’ve reached well over the prescribed (initial) 25,000 signatures, I can make out the following:

THE SCOTLAND PUBLIC PETITION COMMITTEE; PDF:

1. PDF             https://t.co/f4DwTuJbwg

2. PDF https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Ab1564cf4-dffc-4900-be8c-cf3566fd6e26

THE INTRODUCTION REFERS TO:

Page 1 of both PDF’s refer to one signature being sufficient to raise “change”/”petition”.

And goes on to mention that the committee sits every two weeks – with 7 MPS’s.

The initiator, Bob Gee (petitioner) is paying for www.change.org to host the petition – and is still paying for it, (whoever Bob is, brilliant). And no doubt Bob would need to submit to the PPC as soon as possible, along with the 25,000 signatories - a point mentioned is that the PPC would not review whilst there is a courtcase pending (McCafferty's).

So to everyone, I have no idea why it has gone onto mention 35,000 I will continue to monitor the internet and the PPC and see if an agenda comes up referring to this petition by name: “Petition to get Celtics cover up investigated”.

Also, with regard to McCafferty's case, someone asked when the McCafferty's trial was and I mentioned, 25 January, that is incorrect, 25 Jan is the date for the guilty verdict against Frank Cairney.

The Mccafferty court date seems to be illusive at the moment, I am told because he pleaded not guilty and then changed to guilty. But someone is finding out and will update this post.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3398565/ex-celtic-kitman-jim-mccafferty-court-historic-sex-attacks-boys/

The McCafferty info is wrong. See my earlier post.

11 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

No one can tell a person what to do. A lawyer can advise but a client can ignore. They will not get near him unless he invites them.

So naive

thats not the way it works in the real world I'm afraid 

this mhob will do whatever is nessessary regarding damage limitation to their brand 

that means McCafferty pleading guilty and no evidence or testimony from victims that could prove awkward for them to explain away 

taking one for the team if you will 

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

So naive

thats not the way it works in the real world I'm afraid 

this mhob will do whatever is nessessary regarding damage limitation to their brand 

that means McCafferty pleading guilty and no evidence or testimony from victims that could prove awkward for them to explain away 

taking one for the team if you will 

Even if he pleads guilty there will be a narration. We will find out soon what he does.

8 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

If he pleads guilty there is no need for victims/witnesses to give evidence...is that correct? 

I’ve lived in England for the last 35 years, down here even if a plea is guilty for a such serious offence it is a right of the victim, (or in the case of loss of life) their family to have the prosecuting barrister read out impact statements. I’ve written, read and listened to some that would bring tears to a wooden leg, never mind a glass eye. If they have that process in Scotland (forgive my ignorance) because even though the judge isn’t supposed to take it into account upon sentencing they do.

More importantly these statements are aired publicly and an interested press may well want to report and comment on the heartfelt, heart breaking words from the victims and their families.

2 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

True but victim impact statements can be used if they are written by victims. 

So there you have it

the impact of the crime can be heard but again the actual evidence implicating these bastards will remain buried 

depending on McCaffertys pleading when the case goes to court of course

if he really wants to "cleanse his soul" he would do the right thing and cough the lot 

sadly I fear a guilty plea 

2 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

The McCafferty info is wrong. See my earlier post.

Thanks for that info. :thumbup:

Does that mean his case could start in Feb or later in the year ?? Sorry for my ignorance in these court procedures. 

Edit: I have just noticed your reply above to BlueAvenger. :thumbup: 

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Thanks for that info. :thumbup:

Does that mean his case could start in Feb or later in the year ?? Sorry for my ignorance in these court procedures. 

Edit: I have just noticed your reply above to BlueAvenger. :thumbup: 

I am expecting an Indictment this week so first diet or preliminary hearing next month, then we will know what the plea actually is.

3 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

110 days if I remember correctly 

Changed it in 2017 to bring Sheriff and Jury in line with High Court

80 days to serve indictment

110 days to have first diet or ph

140 days to start trial

Extensions to the 140 day time bar can be applied for in court.

9 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

That was first appearance, he was fully committed the following week. All time limits start from full committal in remand cases. 

4 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

110 days if I remember correctly 

Much appreciated, my learned friends.

52 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Changed it in 2017 to bring Sheriff and Jury in line with High Court

80 days to serve indictment

110 days to have first diet or ph

140 days to start trial

Extensions to the 140 day time bar can be applied for in court.

It's been a long time since I was in a courtroom 

i expect McCaffertys tea is oot next month

Archived