Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

There will always be an element of point scoring from some, myself included. I think that's understandable. However that is and always will be irrelevant. It's not worth reporting. It's meaningless. It's an insult to the victims and their families to even mention that. That's not the real story here.

An horrific chain of deplorable crimes have been committed against the most vulnerable in society, for decades. That is never acceptable. That should never happen. Anyone objectively reporting on this should be investigating the truth, condemn all those complicit and ultimately show compassion to those affected by the severity of these heinous acts. Any journalist even mentioning what a few people might send them on social media about whataboutery is utterly crass. It is completely irrelevant.

If this happened at Rangers I would be appalled. However if something like this did happen all you can expect the club to do is the right thing. To right all wrongs. And I'm sure we would. We are a proud club with proud values and traditions. I also think we as a fan base would demand this was investigated fully and properly.

The abuse of innocent children is crossing the line for everyone. It doesn't get any worse than that. Forget any rivalry. Any decent person can see something is seriously not right here. The lack of accountability is astounding. The lack of probing for answers is also astounding. When you read everything that has come out recently you are almost lost for words. No child should ever experience that, not then, not now, not ever and everyone complicit in any crimes towards children must be brought to justice.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

They really are filthy repugnant bastards 

Too these filthy bastards. THE CLUB AND THEIR EXCUSERS

They see this as part of some rivalry 

Not about taking any responsibilty 

And they are behaving like most abusers and rapists 

DENYING THE TRUTH

42 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Too these filthy bastards. THE CLUB AND THEIR EXCUSERS

They see this as part of some rivalry 

Not about taking any responsibilty 

And they are behaving like most abusers and rapists 

DENYING THE TRUTH

Just when you think the cunts can’t get anymore vile, hate them more every day 

4 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

There will always be an element of point scoring from some, myself included. I think that's understandable. However that is and always will be irrelevant. It's not worth reporting. It's meaningless. It's an insult to the victims and their families to even mention that. That's not the real story here.

An horrific chain of deplorable crimes have been committed against the most vulnerable in society, for decades. That is never acceptable. That should never happen. Anyone objectively reporting on this should be investigating the truth, condemn all those complicit and ultimately show compassion to those affected by the severity of these heinous acts. Any journalist even mentioning what a few people might send them on social media about whataboutery is utterly crass. It is completely irrelevant.

If this happened at Rangers I would be appalled. However if something like this did happen all you can expect the club to do is the right thing. To right all wrongs. And I'm sure we would. We are a proud club with proud values and traditions. I also think we as a fan base would demand this was investigated fully and properly.

The abuse of innocent children is crossing the line for everyone. It doesn't get any worse than that. Forget any rivalry. Any decent person can see something is seriously not right here. The lack of accountability is astounding. The lack of probing for answers is also astounding. When you read everything that has come out recently you are almost lost for words. No child should ever experience that, not then, not now, not ever and everyone complicit in any crimes towards children must be brought to justice.

I'd Chuck supporting us tbh

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I expected this tbh

Get some rhancid bheast loving woman to do pieces like this 

It takes the heat off 

She used to be one of many of them on snyde. Or is she still there

Vermin. This lot

It’s so obvious, and given that she supports them, there is no way you can look at her write up and honestly say that it’s written without bias.  It tries to disassociate the club from the Boys Club. Nothing else.

She is almost on a par with those who covered up the abuse for all those years.

10 hours ago, DMax399 said:

It’s so obvious, and given that she supports them, there is no way you can look at her write up and honestly say that it’s written without bias.  It tries to disassociate the club from the Boys Club. Nothing else.

She is almost on a par with those who covered up the abuse for all those years.

Most of the taigs have grown up knowing of someone that was abused 

It's water off a ducks back for these dispicable types

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Imagine having a Twitter feud with the family of an innocent child who not only was abused but has since passed.

Unbelievable mate, but I think he has picked the wrong two with what they are suffering and they will tear him to pieces on twitter if he keeps up his stance. Horrible man. 

On 18/05/2019 at 09:48, SpidermansGaffer said:

Lifted from the gherald. I wonder which team this ‘neutral’ reporter Alison McConnell supports??

Sweep fucking sweep

17th May

celtic may be legally absolved of connection to the celtic Boys' Club sex abuse scandal . . . but morally they owe a great deal to victims

THERE are few sportswriters who escape the rush to hyperbole when describing moments of extreme emotion that sport throws up.

Who hasn’t written of the "tragedy" of a particular result? Of the "devastation" of players after a defeat particularly hard to stomach?

When confronted with the grim reality of what tragedy looks like beyond the parameters of a football pitch, a rugby field, an athletics track, there are no words left to do justice to the emotional pain and desolation felt when hearing the true horrors of sexual abuse.

This week’s conviction of Jim McCafferty, a former kitman for celtic, Hibernian and Falkirk, is a reminder that the current scandal has its tentacles particularly entwined with the Parkhead side because of their historic connections with celtic Boys’ Club, and it won’t disappear any time soon. Nor should it.

First and foremost, what has come shockingly to light about the predatory nature of what was going on in the underbelly of celtic Boys’ Club up until the mid-1990s is odious. To manipulate and exploit the dreams and ambitions of young men in order to satiate perverse sexual gratification is beyond comprehension.

Those words that are the building blocks of our trade seem inadequate to convey the magnitude and depth of how lives were irrevocably destroyed. Alcoholism and deep depression are the recurring threads that run through the stories of the victims, emotional pain that is so entrenched to appear impervious to any balm offered.

But what is equally unfathomable is the glee with which opponents of celtic have relished this latest conviction. The depravity of the acts themselves stand alone but the gloating engendered by these tragedies is in its own way despicable. Child sex abuse as a form of one-upmanship offers a bilious impression of those who wish to point fingers.

And increasingly what is becoming lost in the noise is the voice of the victims.

There are few remnants left of the mess that Fergus McCann inherited when he took over the club in 1994 and prevented celtic from going bankrupt. As a plc, celtic are unrecognisable from top to bottom from those days when the Kellys and the Whites came close to running it into the ground.

But this current scandal is arguably the most visceral issue that the board have had to deal with. It’s incumbent upon the members to recognise that fact.

Legally celtic Boys’ Club had no formal affiliation with celtic Football Club. They were, officially, two different clubs.

But – and it’s a big but – for the children whose lives were left broken and damaged by what they experienced, there was no such differentiation. Their accounts suggest an intricate weaving of the two clubs. The ultimate carrot waved in front of them, and their parents, was that the boys’ club provided a pathway to the celtic first team.

That the boys’ club had regular access to celtic Park, and its pitch rentals were said to have been paid for by celtic, would have strengthened the belief that this was a feeder organisation for the senior side.

An 1986 celtic View editorial was printed by a national newspaper yesterday and cast doubt on the club’s current stance that it was unaware of allegations surrounding some of the boys’ club coaching staff until the mid-90s.

In December, when disgraced former boys’ club coach Jim Torbett was convicted, celtic paused for two days before releasing a statement. It expressed “deep regret” but did not go so far as to offer an apology; to do so would be an admission of liability ahead of potential legal action.

Their statement acknowledged celtic’s history with celtic Boys’ Club but reiterated the stance that there was no formal connection between the two.

It might legally be so, but there is a moral obligation to offer some compensation for those who bought into the dream that pulling on a celtic Boys’ Club shirt would be the gateway to walking out of the celtic tunnel one day.

There are no words adequate to offer any victim of child sexual abuse as consolation. There are no glib soundbites, no slick and clever rhetoric that can compensate for how their lives were affected by what they experienced. An acknowledgement that it has happened and an acknowledgement of their genuine distress is a step in the right direction.

Paedophile Torbett and his accomplice Frank Cairney, both coaches, have been jailed for sexual offences spanning more than 20 years. A third celtic Boys’ Club coach, Gerald King, 66, was convicted of sexual offences against children at a school in Glasgow. Earlier this year he was given a three-year probation order.

Throughout this ordeal – and it has been a life sentence for the victims involved – celtic have kept their distance. There may well be legal absolution over their role.

Moral absolution is not so forthcoming

She is a disgrace to journalism, which is saying something in this day and age.   People like her and Speirs are shameless.

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Unbelievable mate, but I think he has picked the wrong two with what they are suffering and they will tear him to pieces on twitter if he keeps up his stance. Horrible man. 

He's some piece of shit that guy. I think there's a party going on inside his head every day of the week, more so with his recent articles. He's not right in the head.

Your so right mate, Michelle and Helene are easily more than a match for this rat. They're outstanding. It's a good job too.

I have nothing but total respect for them, Kenny Campbell and every single one of the victims who have stood up to the constant barrage of put downs and disappointments through the years, yet hung on there. Strong people and I applaud each and every one of them. I just hope they get everything they seek from this. They certainly deserve it.

10 minutes ago, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

He's some piece of shit that guy. I think there's a party going on inside his head every day of the week, more so with his recent articles. He's not right in the head.

Your so right mate, Michelle and Helene are easily more than a match for this rat. They're outstanding. It's a good job too.

I have nothing but total respect for them, Kenny Campbell and every single one of the victims who have stood up to the constant barrage of put downs and disappointments through the years, yet hung on there. Strong people and I applaud each and every one of them. I just hope they get everything they seek from this. They certainly deserve it.

Excellent post mate.  :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, Swagger said:

There will be no enquiry into this. It’ll slowly just slip away. Horrible for the victims 

The only punishment they will get IMO is if they are taken to court and they have to pay big sums of money out.

I agree about any enquiry, that will never happen and anything the SFA come up with will be about the future and how everything is fine now, nothing will be done about those who knew and let it continue for for years and years. I do hope I am wrong but that is my guy feeling about it. 

Archived