Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

28 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

We both know that you spent more time typing that post than they have spent “investigating”

Correct. But they probably have been on the case 2years. 

2 phone calls for 1 min each 2 years apart wouldn't be a complete lie 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen a few exchanges on twitter and have yet to see a celtic fan show any sympathy for the kids. Their sole objective is to deny a relationship between the boys club and the other.

Now even if you do believe they weren't connected, surely to fuck you would be unhappy/enraged/disgusted etc that this has gone on in the first place.  But the manner in how it was dealt with (or wasnt) is truly sickening.

Just shows you the type of people you are dealing with. I dont imagine  any other club in this country would have adopted their stance.

The have dug a massive hole for themselves by being deceitful and by not doing the right thing at the time. This has led to abuse on an almost unheralded scale. Hopefully justice will be served on them and their victims offered an apolgy and some comfort.

2 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Seen a few exchanges on twitter and have yet to see a celtic fan show any sympathy for the kids. Their sole objective is to deny a relationship between the boys club and the other.

Now even if you do believe they weren't connected, surely to fuck you would be unhappy/enraged/disgusted etc that this has gone on in the first place.  But the manner in how it was dealt with (or wasnt) is truly sickening.

Just shows you the type of people you are dealing with. I dont imagine  any other club in this country would have adopted their stance.

The have dug a massive hole for themselves by being deceitful and by not doing the right thing at the time. This has led to abuse on an almost unheralded scale. Hopefully justice will be served on them and their victims offered an apolgy and some comfort.

Well said BB, also the victims compensated financially as well.   The scum do not understand that when you are in a deep hole, it is a good idea to stop digging.

14 hours ago, magic8ball said:

The drip drip we all know about continues. 

A lot of us on here get pretty pissed off. To put it mildly. About the sweep sweep of any previously suppressed info coming out or any convictions of people connected to that scumbag club. 

The reality is a small minority of the country know what has been going on for the last 50yrs. Now some folk would argue the abuse stopped 20 Yr or so ago but the cover up has continued. All to protect the "good name" Not only do a few thousand bears know what's been going on but almost the whole support of the club at the centre of the scandal know too. But they don't want the truth to come out either. 

With this continued drip drip from The Times more people will open their eyes and ears to what happened. And if its true that their is a live investigation going on in the US, Then shit just got real for lieswell and Co. 

Maybe this explains the whole separate entity and secret investigation scam. Any admission of guilt would sink them If anything was to ever go against them is an American Court would hit them very hard indeed. 

Let's face it even the non hardcore viewer of this topic knows the clubs are connected sufficiently. no matter how loud separate entity is mentioned 

Online from the Sun (:hmmm:) just this afternoon. Nothing new but more coverage at least.

FRESH INVESTIGATION

Probe launched in US over ‘sex attack’ on celtic Boys Club player during trip led by serial paedo Frank Cairney

Alice Walker

26 Jul 2019, 14:52

Updated: 26 Jul 2019, 14:54

POLICE in the United States are investigating an alleged sex attack on a celtic Boys Club player during a trip led by paedo coach Frank Cairney.

Detectives have launched a probe this week after receiving fresh information about the celtic Boys Club’s tour in America in 1991.

Cairney led Boys Club trip to US in 1991

Serial beast Cairney, 84, was jailed in February for preying on eight boys in his care in the 1980s.

He led a group of 20 youngsters to New Jersey in the summer of 1991 to mark 25 years of the celtic Boys Club.

And it’s emerged cops in the US state are now looking into claims of an alleged sex attack during the trip, The Times reports.

celtic 'haven't contacted Boys Club abuse victims since launching 2-year probe'

Former celtic chairman Jack McGinn admitted he was told that Cairney had abused a teenager on a tour to New Jersey in 1991 - 30 years before he was nailed for his crimes.

It promoted Mr McGinn to call a meeting at Parkhead where he accepted Cairney's resignation.

He claims he urged Boys Club officials to alert police but they did not, allowing Cairney to walk free, while "pressure at work" was cited as the reason for his departure.

George King, chief of police for Kearny, New Jersey, said: “The Kearny police department detective bureau is reviewing this information and is in consultation with the Hudson County prosecutors office.”

We told in February how celtic face being sued in America amid claims Cairney abused kids on footie trips.

Cairney was convicted of sickening attacks on young boys while running St Columba's Boys Guild in Viewpark, Lanarkshire, and the under-16 team at celtic BC.

Cairney is one of four paedophiles to be exposed for abusing kids at celtic Boys Club.

Founder Jim Torbett, 71, was jailed for a second time over the abuse of young players in November last year.

Jim McCafferty admitted preying on ten teenage boys between 1972 and 1996.

Former chairman Gerald King, 66, was also convicted earlier this year.

celtic has been conducting an internal investigation into abuse at the Boys Club for two years.

celtic has been approached for comment

3 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Founder Jim Torbett, 71, was jailed for a second time over the abuse of young players in November last year.

How many of these abuse cases happened after he was allowed back. 

Allowed back under the authority of the board. Allowed back to abuse using the carrot of a chance of a career with the club. 

Allowed back and large amounts of money working its way to the trophy centre. 

This was the top story on Report Scotland tonight and it was just as if they were telling the story about abusers fc. This might not come across as well as it did on TV but if you did not see it you will see where I am coming form:

The inquiry is currently taking evidence on care experiences involving male religious orders. On Friday, Donald MacLeod told of his experiences.

'The inquiry needs to make sure it doesn't happen again'

Donald MacLeod attended Fort Augustus boarding school on the banks of Loch Ness, from 1961.

He was groomed by Fr Aidan Duggan, an Australian monk who taught there.

He told BBC Scotland News he was raped in the school darkroom at the age of 14, but neither the headmaster or his parents believed him.

Image captionDonald Macleod said a lot of other victims came forward after hearing his story and he is encouraging others to do the same

He said: "The acting headmaster Fr Green told me I shouldn't lie and it was a mortal sin and I would be condemned to hell for telling lies about a priest.

"But strangely enough he didn't cane me as was the normal penalty for telling lies.

"When I told my mother she said not to be stupid, priests don't do that sort of thing."

Mr Macleod suffered alcoholism in later years and only recently came forward to tell his story. He believes that if action had been taken when he complained about what happened to him, then Fr Duggan would not have gone on to abuse other children.

He hopes what victims coming forward to give evidence will lead to better protection of children in future.

He said: "l hope the inquiry will put together some concrete safeguarding so that it doesn't happen to other young people coming along now.

"I feel that if no one talks about it, nothing will be done."

https://edm.parliament.uk/early-day-motion/53196/abuse-at-celtic-boys-club

ABUSE AT celtic BOYS CLUB

EDM #2652

Tabled 24 July 2019
2017-19 Session

That this House notes the persistent calls for an inquiry into claims that young boys were abused at celtic Boys Club over a number of years; acknowledges that several men have been convicted for sex offences while working at the Boys Club; and supports the calls made in recent weeks for celtic FC to follow clubs such as Manchester City and agree that an inquiry would be a suitable if long overdue attempt to bring some form of closure to survivors.

Signatures (2)

Supporters (2)

Withdrawn Signatures (0)

The first 6 Members who have signed to support the motion are the sponsors. The primary sponsor is generally the person who tabled the motion and has responsibility for it. The date shown is when the Member signed the motion.

Campbell, Mr Gregory

Democratic Unionist Party

24 July 2019

Primary

Shannon, Jim

Democratic Unionist Party

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I first watched Spotlight in 2015 and just watched it again. All I can say is -Wow!  If anyone hasn't seen it then you must.

The paedo list at the end is fucking horrendous.

17 hours ago, SteveEarle said:

Former celtic chairman Jack McGinn admitted he was told that Cairney had abused a teenager on a tour to New Jersey in 1991 - 30 years before he was nailed for his crimes.

It promoted Mr McGinn to call a meeting at Parkhead where he accepted Cairney's resignation.

He claims he urged Boys Club officials to alert police but they did not, allowing Cairney to walk free, while "pressure at work" was cited as the reason for his departure.

Boooooooooommmm!!!!!

DescriptiveFineAmericansaddlebred-small.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Right up there with a Mitre mould master smacking your leg on a cold day 

Now that's a painful reminder from the past.

Mind you playing in goal on an ash surface wasn't much fun either. 

1 minute ago, Brackley said:

Now that's a painful reminder from the past.

Mind you playing in goal on an ash surface wasn't much fun either. 

Picking bits of Ash out hands hours after the game. Back in the day only Jessie's and spoilt cunts wore goalie gloves 😂

This surely must directly link Peter Lawell to this once and for all, he was part of the celtic delegation that met with them after the US trip he was the financial guy at the time. This surely would provide evidence that must lead for a call for him to step back from any investigation into this and his roles on the SFA board.  Fergus McCann set up a phone line for victims to report any abuse on, why would he do such a thing if they were a separate entity? ( because its bollocks ) 

On 26/07/2019 at 14:53, Bearsden bear said:

If they (their supporters) really thought it was a separate entity and were abusing kids who wanted to play for their team they would be howling at the fucking moon.  

Instead they are silent because they know fine well it was their club and they covered it up. 

37 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Instead they are silent because they know fine well it was their club and they covered it up. 

Tbf I’ve heard a few (very few) actually condemn this stance from their club and a agree an independent investigation would be appropriate. No idea how the ratio with this train of thought would be with the majority of their opinionated social media users who choose to ignore, deny or totally refute the ridiculous stance taken. No likelihood of this happening as the culture currently being perpetrated forbids any discussion on same on platforms such as SSB etc... See if any of their self proclaimed ‘best fans’ challenge the board on their stance in their next agm...

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Picking bits of Ash out hands hours after the game. Back in the day only Jessie's and spoilt cunts wore goalie gloves 😂

Gloves!!!  Didn't even have trackie bottoms.

Knees and thighs looked like they had been put through a mincer after every game.

Ah, the memories.  Youngsters today don't know how lucky they are. 🤣.

Back on topic, I'm sure I played against one of McCafferty's teams back in the late sixties.

So Jack McGinn urged boys club officials to contact the police.....fuck me I've heard it all now....what was wrong with that cunt doing the moral thing and phoning them....another cun complicit in the cover up 🤬

29 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

So Jack McGinn urged boys club officials to contact the police.....fuck me I've heard it all now....what was wrong with that cunt doing the moral thing and phoning them....another cun complicit in the cover up 🤬

These were my exact thoughts when I read that, unbelievable. 

Archived