Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Teamgers said:

This has all the hallmarks of being swept away.

Only if we accept it, we have a fan base in this country that can blow all of the appeasers,facilitators out the water,200,000 at  Manchester ,by fuck an invasion of Glasgow, by half this heading towards shamden or the corrupt city chambers would shake these cunts to the core. As a fan base we are split into so many factions when we should be united , we done it when Sandy called for action, so The guys that lead the differring  groups drop the egos and do the right thing and demand that justice is done.

Kick them Out.

Vote them Out.

2 hours ago, Lets go 55 said:

Only if we accept it, we have a fan base in this country that can blow all of the appeasers,facilitators out the water,200,000 at  Manchester ,by fuck an invasion of Glasgow, by half this heading towards shamden or the corrupt city chambers would shake these cunts to the core. As a fan base we are split into so many factions when we should be united , we done it when Sandy called for action, so The guys that lead the differring  groups drop the egos and do the right thing and demand that justice is done.

Kick them Out.

Vote them Out.

Excellent post mate.

12 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

My guess . An offer they can't refuse

They're waiting to see what happens in the courts over here, and they've been in contact about this for at least a decade.

We're going to get more and more attempts to tie us into this scandal the closer and closer we get to verdicts.  It's really the only card they have left. Everyone in power that has supported them/turned a blind eye can only do so for a limited amount of time, they will know they have to get off before the ship goes down. It is going down. Everything will be linked together in court, separate entity my arse.

4 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

They're waiting to see what happens in the courts over here, and they've been in contact about this for at least a decade.

We're going to get more and more attempts to tie us into this scandal the closer and closer we get to verdicts.  It's really the only card they have left. Everyone in power that has supported them/turned a blind eye can only do so for a limited amount of time, they will know they have to get off before the ship goes down. It is going down. Everything will be linked together in court, separate entity my arse.

With the best intentions here . I honestly don't see it

They have wielded, way too much power .And have their corrupt little minions doing their evil deeds for them

I'm certain there are many people like yourself , Soul boy , few others. That feel you are in the know .Yet I'm almost 100% certain , nothing will come of this

Certainly nothing tangible against them as a club . Hell here in bheastly loving  Scotland , wouldn't surprise if they even got an award for all their efforts .

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

They have wielded, way too much power .And have their corrupt little minions doing their evil deeds for them

I'm certain there are many people like yourself , Soul boy , few others. That feel you are in the know .Yet I'm almost 100% certain , nothing will come of this

Certainly nothing tangible against them as a club . Hell here in bheastly loving  Scotland , wouldn't surprise if they even got an award for all their efforts .

I'm with you on that mate, good post.

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

About 1 1/2 years ago the interim inquiry stated that a football team when it was made aware of kids being sexually abused centralised its response on protecting its reputation and standing. I suspect this was stated to appease the victims in the knowledge that the media and authorities will ignore it. In a normal country the condemnation for that would be shouted from the roof tops. 

I agree the SFA inquiry was set up not for the benefit of adults that as kids were sexually abused but for the protection of a football team and the so called media and government are complicit in this.

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I fear you are right about nothing happening to the tarriers as a club for their past terrible deeds mate, certainly not from the SFA.

I still have a little hope when I read posts from @VentyFour who we know is close to some of the victims families, that while the club will not be punished IMO by the SFA, certain members who are 'connected past and present to them' might be done in court, it is taking a ridiculous amount if time but then these court procedures seem to work like that.

Still hoping some justice might be done, but not with any confidence unfortunately.  

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I fear you are right about nothing happening to the tarriers as a club for their past terrible deeds mate, certainly not from the SFA.

I still have a little hope when I read posts from @VentyFour who we know is close to some of the victims families, that while the club will not be punished IMO by the SFA, certain members who are 'connected past and present to them' might be done in court, it is taking a ridiculous amount if time but then these court procedures seem to work like that.

Still hoping some justice might be done, but not with any confidence unfortunately.  

That's the way I think it's gonna go too... They may dodge football sanctions but the evidence regarding the CA is somewhat overwhelmingly against them but somehow they are gonna slip that as well. 

No faith in the justice system in this country at all 

21 hours ago, VentyFour said:

The BBC nonsense regarding Neely has already turned the attention away from them, 

An already known story sensationalised , A boy making claims of being skelped on the bare bum has on social media made our Club as bad as them 

47 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The BBC nonsense regarding Neely has already turned the attention away from them, 

An already known story sensationalised , A boy making claims of being skelped on the bare bum has on social media made our Club as bad as them 

I don't agree mate. How can one alleged incident in banner headlines compete with six convicted in a court of law?
This too shall pass, meantime they have to live with 50 years of denial and deflection, with 100+ cases in the pipeline.
If the case against Neely can be proved then we deserve to be punished, however, one case against their history will never compare.
Both their club and their support are rotten to the core and eventually it will bury them, and good-riddance.

23 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Have to agree.

The country needs cleansed of every last one of those beatly malcontent bastards and whilst there is one left breathing, it is our club who will remain under attack.

SNPira both empower and protect them, that is clear and until they are removed from power, nothing changes.

4 hours ago, 72barca said:

I don't agree mate. How can one alleged incident in banner headlines compete with six convicted in a court of law?
This too shall pass, meantime they have to live with 50 years of denial and deflection, with 100+ cases in the pipeline.
If the case against Neely can be proved then we deserve to be punished, however, one case against their history will never compare.
Both their club and their support are rotten to the core and eventually it will bury them, and good-riddance.

In a normal world I can't disagree, but you only have to see the way we were perceived for using legal tax avoidance. 

I'm actually shocked at some of the comments iv saw on social media and the amount of them too from tarriers. Even Jambos too, Who have had their own paedophiles on board. Folk have forgotten about Rix and Thomson, 

I don't think we will ever receive sanction for Neely but public attitude and hatred will drag us down to the tarriers level in order to save them for what they really deserve. 

What's needed to clear all innuendos is a full public enquiry. Maybe then the full story will be there for all to see. And the links between the tarriers and Trophy Centre as a money laundering operation. 

43 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

In a normal world I can't disagree, but you only have to see the way we were perceived for using legal tax avoidance. 

I'm actually shocked at some of the comments iv saw on social media and the amount of them too from tarriers. Even Jambos too, Who have had their own paedophiles on board. Folk have forgotten about Rix and Thomson, 

I don't think we will ever receive sanction for Neely but public attitude and hatred will drag us down to the tarriers level in order to save them for what they really deserve. 

What's needed to clear all innuendos is a full public enquiry. Maybe then the full story will be there for all to see. And the links between the tarriers and Trophy Centre as a money laundering operation. 

My Head says you are probably right, My Heart is hoping to fuck that VentyFour is bang on the fucking money.

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

A public inquiry is only beneficial if the govern body of that football club is willing to act on it. The SFA inquiry has informed them that a football club in Scotland standing has been built on the backs of kids being sexually abused and they’ve ignored that.  

The bastards will squirm out of this and Rangers due to our pathetic board will be seen as every bit as guilty as them. A five year old could of won the arguments against the Sun article in where the cbc was producing players for Rangers and now the Neely cover up but that arseholes say nothing or at least anything with any substance. 

celtic Boys' club beast abused young player in toy shop while other man watched

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/news/scottish-news/celtic-boys-club-beast-abused-20738746

Keith McLeod

04:30, 28 OCT 2019

Former celtic Boys' Club player Gordon Woods has bravely come forward to reveal how Jim Torbett attempted to rape him (Image: Ross Johnston/Newsline Media/Daily Record)

celtic Boys’ Club beast Jim Torbett sexually abused a young player in a toy shop in Glasgow – while another man watched.

Gordon Woods was just 13 years old when evil Torbett preyed on him.

And Gordon, now in his 60s, has revealed to the Daily Record that other coaches at the boys’ club told him after his first trial that he was not a good enough player – but Torbett intervened and told him to continue to come to training.

Gordon has now taken the brave step of revealing to his close family the abuse he suffered decades ago.

He said: “I never played a competitive game for celtic Boys’ Club. I wasn’t good enough. I now know Torbett kept me going to training for the simple reason I’d be a sitting duck for his predatory behaviour.

Gordon Woods has taken the brave step of revealing to his close family the abuse he suffered at the hands of Jim Torbett (Image: Ross Johnston/Newsline Media)

“I’m speaking out now after all these years because I’m disgusted at celtic FC’s claim that they were separate from the boys’ club. That was not my experience. Nothing could be further from the truth.”

Gordon, who has the right to anonymity, has allowed us to use his name because he wants Torbett to know who he is.

He said: “I want him to remember me and I want him to think about what he did to me. I also want him to know that I will not be silenced any more.”

He says he was taken to the toy shop on Maryhill Road by Torbett on two occasions. And he claims that another man who was involved with Torbett – and celtic Boys’ Club – was present on one of the occasions in the 1960s.

Gordon Woods is breaking his silence decades after being sexually abused by Jim Torbett

Gordon said: “One of the times in the toy shop – when it was closed for lunch – Torbett took me into the storeroom or back room of the shop.

“He attempted to rape me and then carried out a sex act. I remember thinking that the door was open and the other man was in the shop.

“I thought that was why the door was left open, so the other man could see in. I remember thinking, ‘He’s watching this’, because there was no reason to leave the door open. Afterwards, Torbett carried on as if nothing happened.”

Gordon says the shop – and Torbett – were producing miniature European Cups and giving them to boys’ club members or selling them.

He says he was also abused on two occasions by Torbett at a flat in Pinkston Drive in Glasgow.

Gordon says he believed he was with celtic FC because the boys’ club was viewed as one and the same.

Ex-celtic Boys Club coach Jim Torbett (left) in a team photograph (Image: Daily Record)

celtic must take responsibility for Boys' Club paedo scandal says victim

He recalled a trip to Dumfries for a match against a local team in 1968.

He said: “I slept in and I knew I had missed the bus. I phoned celtic Park and spoke to one of the
secretaries.

“I told them that I had missed the coach. Sometime later, the phone rang in the house and it was the secretary I had spoken to.

“She asked if I could be at St Enoch Square underground station by 12 o’clock. A big burgundy car arrived and inside were Jock Stein and Sir Bob Kelly. Stein was driving.

“I went all the way to Dumfries with them. There was a big box next to me in the back. There was a brass latch and inside was two doors and it was the European Cup, or a replica of the European Cup. They were taking it to show the boys of the team we were playing and the people down there. It was an honour to be in the same car as both these men.

“I listen now to celtic FC saying that celtic Boys’ Club was a totally separate organisation. Yet there was me having missed the bus, phoning celtic Park, speaking to a celtic FC secretary and then being picked up by the celtic FC manager and chairman for a boys’ club match in Dumfries.

“It enrages me the stance that celtic are taking now. Whatever they are saying now, was definitely not the case at the time.”

Gordon remembers attending celtic Park for a match in September 1968 when Torbett summoned him to his car. Gordon says he would normally sit in the passenger seat, but on this occasion another boy was in that seat.

Gordon said he got in the back and Torbett said he thought their “friendship” should end.

He says he recognised the boy – who gave evidence against Torbett in the late 90s.

Gordon added: “This has affected me more in later years.

“I have now been able to explain this to my family, to let them know that this happened to me when I was very young and didn’t really know what was happening to me. I’m glad I’ve found the courage to speak. I hope that this will help others.”

Boys’ Club founder Torbett was jailed in November for six years, former general manager Frank Cairney, 84, was jailed in January for four years, fellow boys’ club coach and celtic FC man Jim McCafferty, 73, was jailed for six years and nine months, while former chairman Gerald King, 66, was convicted of preying on children at a Glasgow school but avoided jail.

In May, the Record revealed how celtic FC cleared Torbett and Cairney of wrongdoing in 1986 – despite the club’s claim of “separate entities” and that allegations first came to light in the early 1990s.

Gordon is a client of Thompsons Solicitors, which is seeking damages from celtic FC for a string of clients.

celtic Boys’ Club sex abuse victim's mum demands public inquiry after Jim McCafferty conviction

Patrick McGuire from the firm said: “Mr Woods’ harrowing account of abuse at the celtic Boys’ Club sheds new light on the scale of the abuse, as well as the close connections between the Boys’ Club and celtic.

“Particularly disturbing is his account of what happened to him at a toy shop frequented by his abuser.

“In telling his story publicly, Mr Woods has shown great courage which should be admired. He, along with all the other survivors from celtic and celtic Boys’ Club, want the club to take responsibility for the decades of abuse which happened on their watch and to show respect to those survivors by effecting quick and appropriate settlement of all legal actions.”

On 27/10/2019 at 11:29, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

My Head says you are probably right, My Heart is hoping to fuck that VentyFour is bang on the fucking money.

I

3 hours ago, Jonok said:

celtic Boys' club beast abused young player in toy shop while other man watched

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/news/scottish-news/celtic-boys-club-beast-abused-20738746

Keith McLeod

04:30, 28 OCT 2019

Former celtic Boys' Club player Gordon Woods has bravely come forward to reveal how Jim Torbett attempted to rape him (Image: Ross Johnston/Newsline Media/Daily Record)

celtic Boys’ Club beast Jim Torbett sexually abused a young player in a toy shop in Glasgow – while another man watched.

Gordon Woods was just 13 years old when evil Torbett preyed on him.

And Gordon, now in his 60s, has revealed to the Daily Record that other coaches at the boys’ club told him after his first trial that he was not a good enough player – but Torbett intervened and told him to continue to come to training.

Gordon has now taken the brave step of revealing to his close family the abuse he suffered decades ago.

He said: “I never played a competitive game for celtic Boys’ Club. I wasn’t good enough. I now know Torbett kept me going to training for the simple reason I’d be a sitting duck for his predatory behaviour.

Gordon Woods has taken the brave step of revealing to his close family the abuse he suffered at the hands of Jim Torbett (Image: Ross Johnston/Newsline Media)

“I’m speaking out now after all these years because I’m disgusted at celtic FC’s claim that they were separate from the boys’ club. That was not my experience. Nothing could be further from the truth.”

Gordon, who has the right to anonymity, has allowed us to use his name because he wants Torbett to know who he is.

He said: “I want him to remember me and I want him to think about what he did to me. I also want him to know that I will not be silenced any more.”

He says he was taken to the toy shop on Maryhill Road by Torbett on two occasions. And he claims that another man who was involved with Torbett – and celtic Boys’ Club – was present on one of the occasions in the 1960s.

Gordon Woods is breaking his silence decades after being sexually abused by Jim Torbett

Gordon said: “One of the times in the toy shop – when it was closed for lunch – Torbett took me into the storeroom or back room of the shop.

“He attempted to rape me and then carried out a sex act. I remember thinking that the door was open and the other man was in the shop.

“I thought that was why the door was left open, so the other man could see in. I remember thinking, ‘He’s watching this’, because there was no reason to leave the door open. Afterwards, Torbett carried on as if nothing happened.”

Gordon says the shop – and Torbett – were producing miniature European Cups and giving them to boys’ club members or selling them.

He says he was also abused on two occasions by Torbett at a flat in Pinkston Drive in Glasgow.

Gordon says he believed he was with celtic FC because the boys’ club was viewed as one and the same.

Ex-celtic Boys Club coach Jim Torbett (left) in a team photograph (Image: Daily Record)

celtic must take responsibility for Boys' Club paedo scandal says victim

He recalled a trip to Dumfries for a match against a local team in 1968.

He said: “I slept in and I knew I had missed the bus. I phoned celtic Park and spoke to one of the
secretaries.

“I told them that I had missed the coach. Sometime later, the phone rang in the house and it was the secretary I had spoken to.

“She asked if I could be at St Enoch Square underground station by 12 o’clock. A big burgundy car arrived and inside were Jock Stein and Sir Bob Kelly. Stein was driving.

“I went all the way to Dumfries with them. There was a big box next to me in the back. There was a brass latch and inside was two doors and it was the European Cup, or a replica of the European Cup. They were taking it to show the boys of the team we were playing and the people down there. It was an honour to be in the same car as both these men.

“I listen now to celtic FC saying that celtic Boys’ Club was a totally separate organisation. Yet there was me having missed the bus, phoning celtic Park, speaking to a celtic FC secretary and then being picked up by the celtic FC manager and chairman for a boys’ club match in Dumfries.

“It enrages me the stance that celtic are taking now. Whatever they are saying now, was definitely not the case at the time.”

Gordon remembers attending celtic Park for a match in September 1968 when Torbett summoned him to his car. Gordon says he would normally sit in the passenger seat, but on this occasion another boy was in that seat.

Gordon said he got in the back and Torbett said he thought their “friendship” should end.

He says he recognised the boy – who gave evidence against Torbett in the late 90s.

Gordon added: “This has affected me more in later years.

“I have now been able to explain this to my family, to let them know that this happened to me when I was very young and didn’t really know what was happening to me. I’m glad I’ve found the courage to speak. I hope that this will help others.”

Boys’ Club founder Torbett was jailed in November for six years, former general manager Frank Cairney, 84, was jailed in January for four years, fellow boys’ club coach and celtic FC man Jim McCafferty, 73, was jailed for six years and nine months, while former chairman Gerald King, 66, was convicted of preying on children at a Glasgow school but avoided jail.

In May, the Record revealed how celtic FC cleared Torbett and Cairney of wrongdoing in 1986 – despite the club’s claim of “separate entities” and that allegations first came to light in the early 1990s.

Gordon is a client of Thompsons Solicitors, which is seeking damages from celtic FC for a string of clients.

celtic Boys’ Club sex abuse victim's mum demands public inquiry after Jim McCafferty conviction

Patrick McGuire from the firm said: “Mr Woods’ harrowing account of abuse at the celtic Boys’ Club sheds new light on the scale of the abuse, as well as the close connections between the Boys’ Club and celtic.

“Particularly disturbing is his account of what happened to him at a toy shop frequented by his abuser.

“In telling his story publicly, Mr Woods has shown great courage which should be admired. He, along with all the other survivors from celtic and celtic Boys’ Club, want the club to take responsibility for the decades of abuse which happened on their watch and to show respect to those survivors by effecting quick and appropriate settlement of all legal actions.”

Some of it's starting to come out, the tip of the iceberg.  There really is no way out for them.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

We are all hoping you are right mate. 👍 

IF the club are found to be complicit in the cover of a pedo ring in court then the SFA will have to act, until now(and this is important)no club has been found guilty so no action has been taken. This is why it's so important that the separate entity nonsense is blown out of the water as they have all been hiding behind that. As soon as that lie is taken away then the people who have been turning a blind eye cant any longer. 

From what I've been told they are fucked, and I dont mean just individuals. They were actually given a chance to get out with some payments and a slap on the wrists at the start of it all however they chose the separate entity line, and this will be their downfall.

Will they get done? I cant see a way out for them.

Will they get done to the levels that we want? No clue.

35 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

IF the club are found to be complicit in the cover of a pedo ring in court then the SFA will have to act, until now(and this is important)no club has been found guilty so no action has been taken. This is why it's so important that the separate entity nonsense is blown out of the water as they have all been hiding behind that. As soon as that lie is taken away then the people who have been turning a blind eye cant any longer. 

From what I've been told they are fucked, and I dont mean just individuals. They were actually given a chance to get out with some payments and a slap on the wrists at the start of it all however they chose the separate entity line, and this will be their downfall.

Will they get done? I cant see a way out for them.

Will they get done to the levels that we want? No clue.

Thanks for that info.

From what you have told us over the last few weeks believe the court cases will now have an effect on them, to what extent I suppose none of us know. 

Archived