Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

Justice system really pisses me off ,too much about technicalities or slight breaking of rules 

if somebody has done something they should pay the penalty no matter what a defence lawyer can do to find a loophole to get a sentence reduced or off altogether 

Iv been a victim myself of such a scenario ,where a crime was 100pc committed but the guilty party got away with it because a defence lawyer knew how to play the system 

for me that just isn’t justice 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Justice system really pisses me off ,too much about technicalities or slight breaking of rules 

if somebody has done something they should pay the penalty no matter what a defence lawyer can do to find a loophole to get a sentence reduced or off altogether 

Iv been a victim myself of such a scenario ,where a crime was 100pc committed but the guilty party got away with it because a defence lawyer knew how to play the system 

for me that just isn’t justice 

It was not the defence's fault here, it was the Crown's. Had they done their duty and disclosed the conviction then the defence would have likely put it to the witness, the witness would have given an explanation for it then it would have been left up to the Jury. The Jury may still, despite that conviction have found him guilty, the point being the matter would have been addressed.

If you are going to be angry at anyone then be angry at the ineptness of the Crown!

People are entitled to the presumption of innocence regardless of what they are accused of, access to a defence lawyer and a fair trial whether you like it or not.

Just cause the appeal court quite correctly had to correct a crown screw up in a case you do not like, does not make it wrong, they do it all the time. 

So please do not tar us defence lawyers as the bad guys here, we are not, we have a hard job to do and part of that is to make sure the rules are followed. It was not a slight rule break here...it was a major one!

Put the tribalism to one side, he is STILL A BEAST, STILL A CONVICTED PAEDOPHILE. 

I agree that every one is entitled to  be defended,

Maybe there needs to be an investigation into the crown office who appear to very good  at messing up.

My question is are these errors  the results of incompetence or something more sinister ,hard to prove but I would go for the latter .

A justice minister who is out of his depth , evidence lost in what would  have been one of the most high profile cases involving out and out sectarian, bigoted hatred.No reaction from him.

Makes you wonder if the sectarian, bigoted hatred was directed at let's say Roman Catholics, members of the order of Hibernian would the evidence been lost, don't think so.

The path this country is treading and in my opinion it's already on the road towards the style of Nazi Germany. 

A certain section of society treated with kid gloves whilst others are subjected to the full force of the Law.

Vote them Out. 

Kick them Out. 

24 minutes ago, Lets go 55 said:

I agree that every one is entitled to  be defended,

Maybe there needs to be an investigation into the crown office who appear to very good  at messing up.

My question is are these errors  the results of incompetence or something more sinister ,hard to prove but I would go for the latter .

A justice minister who is out of his depth , evidence lost in what would  have been one of the most high profile cases involving out and out sectarian, bigoted hatred.No reaction from him.

Makes you wonder if the sectarian, bigoted hatred was directed at let's say Roman Catholics, members of the order of Hibernian would the evidence been lost, don't think so.

The path this country is treading and in my opinion it's already on the road towards the style of Nazi Germany. 

A certain section of society treated with kid gloves whilst others are subjected to the full force of the Law.

Vote them Out. 

Kick them Out. 

In this case there appears to be nothing sinister at all, just the Crown not doing their job. I have yet to read the full Judgement but it seems Scotland's most senior judge was far from impressed.

48 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

In this case there appears to be nothing sinister at all, just the Crown not doing their job. I have yet to read the full Judgement but it seems Scotland's most senior judge was far from impressed.

What is disturbing is he did not have his sentence reduced by a proportionate amount. The original sentence was a disgrace as well

At least now SFA inquiry can stop hiding behind existing court cases albeit it’ll just be to show us that they are even more incapable of doing their job than Scottish crown is.

The dick did say  when  trying to reason that Rangers were part of cbc that he will complete his inquiry before the end of the year.

I have said since day one that absolutely nothing will be done about this and that the filthy, vile,  paedo harbouring club will never be held to account for their crimes and the subsequent multiple cover ups and deflections that have followed.

They are enabled by their friends, people in positions of authority and supporters in Government, the media and in the, unfit for purpose, justice system.

This bheast Cairney will be out next year and will disappear never to be seen again, funded by bheast fc to keep his mouth shut until the day he dies. He may even be declared dead in a matter of weeks after he is released to aid in his disappearance. I predict this will happen to Torbett and the others also.

Be in no doubt that more and more victims are being paid off by the club to maintain their silence so that in a few years time there will be only a few victims remaining and not the dozens or even hundreds that we know there are.

Know them by their deeds.

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

What is disturbing is he did not have his sentence reduced by a proportionate amount. The original sentence was a disgrace as well

I have read the judgement now. The charge that was quashed was the most serious one he was convicted of and that is what he was sentenced to on that charge so that is why that reduction happened. The other sentences were based on what was available to the courts at the time the offences were committed. Sheriff courts have a 5 year maximum so they could have at least remitted it to the High Court who may have given him more.

3 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Then Scotland's most senior Judge should be taking action, as responsibility and good practice go all the way to the top.

Token knee jerk I expect, especially as he will know what Big Jock knew and the rest...........................

Paedo Priest Paul Moore  has his clerical status removed by the Pope, serving 8 years for abusing 3 young boys.

Confessed to his Bishop in 1996 " an attraction to young boys" and " a desire to abuse minors"

What did the Bishop do , no thought of picking up a phone ala BJK ,sent him for treatment. 

Took another 20 years for him to face justice,  these fuckers are unbelievable, supposed to be Chritstens,  suffer the little children and all that, they are responsible  for ruining the lives of millions.

The Pape church said it wished to" sincerely  renew " its apologies to victims. 

Funny  how their bastardised Football club  will never apologise or even acknowledge the victims of their ring.

How do the pederasts at celtic  get so light a sentence, maybe a question wee Nicola or her useless justice  minister could answer, don't hold your breath waiting on a response. 

Vote them Out. 

Kick them Out. 

23 hours ago, Lets go 55 said:

How do the pederasts at celtic  get so light a sentence, maybe a question wee Nicola or her useless justice  minister could answer, don't hold your breath waiting on a response. 

Vote them Out. 

Kick them Out. 

Why would they answer any question that does not involve Independence and also protect Humza's Paedo club?

On 28/11/2019 at 11:48, Falcoholic said:

I have said since day one that absolutely nothing will be done about this and that the filthy, vile,  paedo harbouring club will never be held to account for their crimes and the subsequent multiple cover ups and deflections that have followed.

They are enabled by their friends, people in positions of authority and supporters in Government, the media and in the, unfit for purpose, justice system.

This bheast Cairney will be out next year and will disappear never to be seen again, funded by bheast fc to keep his mouth shut until the day he dies. He may even be declared dead in a matter of weeks after he is released to aid in his disappearance. I predict this will happen to Torbett and the others also.

Be in no doubt that more and more victims are being paid off by the club to maintain their silence so that in a few years time there will be only a few victims remaining and not the dozens or even hundreds that we know there are.

Know them by their deeds.

Superb post 

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Superb post 

Why thank you Sir.

The sexual abuse of children is ingrained in them and  in their religion. The covering up of child rape and abuse is also ingrained in them. For example I'm currently reading a book called "Breaking The Silence". It is concerned with the investigation and prosecution of Father Eugene Greene who was a Catholic Priest in the Raphoe diocese of the County Donegal, Ireland.  In 1999, he was sentenced to 12 years in prison for abusing 26 boys between 1965 and 1992. He began his sentence in 2000, and served nine years in prison before being released in 2008. The details of the abuse the boys suffered are harrowing and the psychological effects are horrific. Yet on his release parishoners in the Diocese where he was the Priest had a collection for him raising over 50,000 Euros, whilst all the time shunning his victims for speaking out.

It is covered up on many, if not all fronts, when it is connected to them, which is why i don't believe that any further action will ever be taken. The atitude that it is the victims who have caused it is prolific across their preferred religion and I suspect it is the same with their football club.

2 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

Why thank you Sir.

The sexual abuse of children is ingrained in them and  in their religion. The covering up of child rape and abuse is also ingrained in them. For example I'm currently reading a book called "Breaking The Silence". It is concerned with the investigation and prosecution of Father Eugene Greene who was a Catholic Priest in the Raphoe diocese of the County Donegal, Ireland.  In 1999, he was sentenced to 12 years in prison for abusing 26 boys between 1965 and 1992. He began his sentence in 2000, and served nine years in prison before being released in 2008. The details of the abuse the boys suffered are harrowing and the psychological effects are horrific. Yet on his release parishoners in the Diocese where he was the Priest had a collection for him raising over 50,000 Euros, whilst all the time shunning his victims for speaking out.

It is covered up on many, if not all fronts, when it is connected to them, which is why i don't believe that any further action will ever be taken. The atitude that it is the victims who have caused it is prolific across their preferred religion and I suspect it is the same with their football club.

That is a hellish story, but also does not surprise me unfortunately.

We all hope they will receive punishment and I had thought for a while that with test cases being brought forward (never heard anything in months now) things would take a turn for the better for victims and their families, but the longer it goes on I am starting to think you are right, it will all be swept away. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Victim of celtic Boys' Club sex beast dies after being 'crushed' by court blow.

A man who bravely gave evidence against celtic Boys’ Club beast Frank Cairney only to see his testimony quashed on appeal has tragically died.

And the Daily Record can reveal that it was a prosecution blunder that led to evil paedophile Cairney getting a year off his four-year sentence.

We are not naming the man at the request of his family.

He is thought to have suffered a heart attack at his home after facing the anguish of seeing his evidence against Cairney quashed by the appeal court. He died, aged 60, less than two weeks after the appeal court judgment.

His daughter said: “Cairney stole my dad’s childhood, stole my dad’s innocence and sentenced him to a lifetime of silence.

“Dad had said he would fight this decision but the decision had left him crushed.”

The Daily Record can reveal the Crown failed to ask the man about his previous convictions in England, going back to 1980. Cairney’s defence team seized on the fact the convictions had not been revealed to the jury, leading to the appeal that saw his sentence reduced.

The Crown Office has told the Record it is “deeply regrettable” one of Cairney's convictions has been quashed and it is “reviewing its practices”.

It means Cairney, 84, could be freed as early as August.

Before he died, the man told the Record: “It is an outrage. I did the right thing by coming forward and going through the ordeal of court.

“The Crown never even asked me about convictions in England. If they had, I would have told them.”

The former celtic Boys’ Club player spent more than two-and-a-half hours in the witness box at Hamilton Sheriff Court last year.

Cairney was jailed for four years but that has now been reduced to three years. Eight men – who did not know each other – gave powerful testimony of the predatory sexual abuse carried out by Cairney from 1965 to 1986.

The man thought some kind of justice had finally be done but was left “shattered” by his experience. He said: “There is no justice. This makes me ashamed to be Scottish.

“After the trial I was interviewed by the Daily Record. The first question they asked was if I had any previous convictions. I said right away that I did and disclosed them to the Record.

“If the Crown had asked me this ahead of the trial I would have told them right away.

“I was abused in 1974 and after all these years I don’t know what to do or who to turn to. I’m convinced that if the jury had been told of my previous convictions, my evidence, which was 100 per cent truth, would have been accepted by the jury.

“It was extremely difficult to see Cairney’s face in court – one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do in my life.”

Cairney’s appeal hinged on the man’s convictions in England for dishonesty.

He said: “The reason I was in London was because I couldn’t get out of Glasgow quick enough after what Cairney did to me. The convictions were as a result of my state of mind. I had been sexually abused as a child.”

Lord Justice General Lord Carloway, Lord Drummond Young and Lord Turnbull overturned Cairney’s conviction on the specific charge three weeks ago. Eight convictions still stand against him.

The appeal court judges’ ruling stated: “The Crown had not accessed the Police National Computer, to which the police had access and which recorded all UK convictions. The Crown could readily have checked the PNC, which regularly provided data on previous convictions for use in prosecutions.

“The Crown ought to have disclosed the convictions...

“There was a duty on the Crown to disclose the criminal history of complainers if known, but no routine check was carried out to find criminal records in jurisdictions other than Scotland.”

In May, the Record revealed that celtic FC investigated and cleared celtic Boys’ Club bosses of any wrongdoing in the 80s.

This is at odds with celtic FC’s contention that the two were entirely separate entities.

Jim Torbett, 71, the founder of the boys’ club, was jailed for two years in 1998 and for six years last November for a string of sex abuse against children.

Another predatory paedophile Jim McCafferty, 73, another CBC coach and celtic FC kitman, was jailed for six years and nine months in May.

Gerald King, 66, a former CBC chairman, was convicted of abusing four boys and one girl at a school in Glasgow but avoided a jail term.

This poor guy life ruined, the cunt who ruined his life will no doubt be sitting in his cell laughing, this shithole of a country should be ashamed ,the whole  lot knew what has been going on at celtic,from plod,journalists,the judiciary, politicians, everyman and his dug.

All to protect the vilest football club to kick a ball, why ?  Could it be the fear of the supporters of the IRA amongst us bringing their carnage to the streets of Scotland, could it be to keep the catholic vote on side, when all this shit was going  down .If so cowards to a man, they've jumped ship to the  Natzi party  who just like labour before them will give them the protection from prosecution not just of their Football club but the unholy church they follow. 

They can praise an assassin of the IRA and not a peep,collect money for wait for it POWs outside the paedodome, not a word of condemnation from the the football and political authorities. 

Country is fucked.

Kick them  Out. 

14 hours ago, Let's go55 said:

“There was a duty on the Crown to disclose the criminal history of complainers if known, but no routine check was carried out to find criminal records in jurisdictions other than Scotland.”

Why are the 'complainers' required to disclose criminal history when the criminal past of those on trial can't be disclosed until after a trial??

😳

Yes that's what they are saying,  no thought  given to the impact the vile cunts actions had on this child and as a result he done something wrong .

Adding insult to injury springs to mind.

There should be an inquiry into the crown prosecution office who it would appear are quite adept at fucking up cases where persons of a particular religious persuasion and followers of quite a distinctive football club are involved. 

Look at the sentences handed down in the first place ,you would think they were up on some minor misdemeanor,  to me it appears as if they actually condone these crimes and it's just bad luck the perpetrators were caught and had to appear in front of our esteemed judges.

The SFA inquiry, or the Scottish Fenian Association  will do fuck all unless they are forced into it ,the Natzi Justice minister will not do anything to his club of choice. 

We can only hope that the forthcoming television programme exposes them and the part the vile institution that is celtic played in the destruction of countless children's lives. 

Kick them Out. 

20 hours ago, Dickie said:

I don’t understand why it matters if a complainer has a criminal record or not,are they saying that because he had a record then his evidence is not reliable.

I think that's exactly what it is. Witness credibility. It's why the rochdale grooming case took so long to come to court. CPS didn't think troubled young girls could be credible witnesses.

Archived