Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Got the right profile name. 

there have been plenty occasions over the years for folk to come forward with their stories and break the silence

And you know how everyone's mental state is and if they can deal with the mixture of feelings they have? Just because there has been a great deal of time since the offences have come to light, doesn't mean individuals have the capacity to come forward with their experiences until now.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Why did you call the man Declan? 

Even now I find it hard to believe there are still new offences and offenders coming to light 

Not that I didn’t think there were more ,just that there have been plenty occasions over the years for folk to come forward with their stories and break the silence 

Seems dismissive of any new claims of abuse, almost as if he doesn't believe it, taig like behaviour..

Just now, Clunge said:

Even now I find it hard to believe there are still new offences and offenders coming to light 

Not that I didn’t think there were more ,just that there have been plenty occasions over the years for folk to come forward with their stories and break the silence 

Seems dismissive of any new claims of abuse, almost as if he doesn't believe it, taig like behaviour..

Go back and read his posts on this. 

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Nope. 

That's your interpretation. In isolation that post reads to me as being dismissive of a new claim of abuse. Each to their own, apologies if that was not the intent.

2 hours ago, Clunge said:

That's your interpretation. In isolation that post reads to me as being dismissive of a new claim of abuse. Each to their own, apologies if that was not the intent.

Maybe a bit harsh with your interpretation there , to answer the point a lot of victims feel shame about  being abused and many have no great faith in the legal system bringing  the perpetators to justice

14 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

Maybe a bit harsh with your interpretation there , to answer the point a lot of victims feel shame about  being abused and many have no great faith in the legal system bringing  the perpetators to justice

Yup, agreed and echoes my point.

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

Is their no end to their depravity 😞

This is where the lack of credible political opposition in Holyrood really irks me. It’s fairly widely agreed that the SNP rely on republican minded voters, a large percentage of which have leanings towards celtic, hence the theory they avoid the issue.

Taking this in to account, and the decent human right thing to do, (over and above the political gain) would be to publicly pressure/shame the Scottish Government to arranging a public enquiry in to the potentially largest abuse ring in British sporting history. The way they basically have been allowed to ignore and bury this is a national scandal, and adds to the long list of failure of accountability they have, and continue to accept since gaining power...

8 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Barry Bennell was a lone wolf compared to their actual ring, all operating at the same time FS.

Barry Bennell is linking to that scummy paedo ring mate. Makes you wonder what else and how far this all really goes. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celtic-boys-club-cross-border-investigation-into-football-sex-abusers-dxmvndjgc

I knew all that m8, but I was just thinking of all the English coverage & subsequent sentencing Bennell received, compared to a sizeable paedophile ring operating at celtic FC getting very little coverage & disgustingly light sentences.

The RC church is the biggest ring operating globally but is/was only the second biggest in Parkhead at one time.

Archived