Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

14 hours ago, Aaalmac 728 said:

Just read a couple of paragraphs from this book.

Fuckin hell man, the poor guy.

Hope to fuck this book gets the publicity it deserves, and finally gets that vile club into the dock.

ANY self respecting journalist should have been all over this, but they all looked the other way...shameful, absolutely shameful.

Hadn't realized it had been released already,can it be bought online?

No doubt Lieswell will be trying to have some sort of embargo put on it's release :-(

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C & P from FF

A twice-convicted paedophile was employed by celtic while he preyed on young players, further undermining the club’s refusal to accept responsibility for systematic sexual abuse at its feeder club.
Jim Torbett, 72, the founder of celtic Boys Club, was jailed for six years in 2018 for sexually abusing boys between August 1986 and August 1994. He had previously served a two-year sentence for molesting players, including the future Scotland striker Alan Brazil, at the boys’ club between 1967 and 1974.
While expressing “regret and sympathy”, celtic have distanced themselves from Torbett, describing the boys’ club as an “entirely separate organisation” with which they had “historic contacts”.
However, The Times can disclose that in addition to coaching he was hired by the club to run a chain of shops, selling merchandise. Torbett’s firm, the Trophy Centre, also had a long-running contract with celtic. The revelations will heap further pressure on the champions after four senior figures at the boys’ club were convicted of molesting children over four decades.
In March 1994 The celtic View, the club’s magazine, carried an article about sales. It states: “Jim Torbett, who oversees the celtic Shops. . .” Four months earlier the magazine reported on how Torbett had launched a club shop in Argyle Street, Glasgow. In 1994 celtic listed three shops, one department store concession and their staff as part of the club’s commercial division.
During his first trial in 1998 Hugh Birt, the late former boys’ club chairman, gave evidence that Jock Stein — then manager of celtic FC — kicked Torbett out in 1974 after hearing claims of abuse, but did not inform the police.
It is a version of events corroborated by Lou Macari, the former celtic player and manager, who wrote in his autobiography: “The wish to maintain the good name of celtic was the only thing that kept the issue from coming to light.”
Torbett returned to celtic Boys Club four years later and molested more boys, remaining there until 1996 when abuse allegations appeared in the press.
Passing sentence in 2018, Lord Beckett said: “You used the club as a front and a recruiting ground for boys who you could sexually abuse.”
In February celtic FC said it was “very sorry” the abuse had happened, but still insisted that the boys’ club was separate. After Torbett’s 2018 conviction the club issued a statement saying: “Allegations regarding abuse at celtic Boys Club first emerged in the 1990s.”
However, celtic launched an internal investigation in 1986 that found “nothing to substantiate” the claims.
Thompsons Solicitors, which is representing about 20 abuse survivors, is preparing to launch legal action against the club. A celtic spokesman said: “We would have no comment to make.”
A club insider added: “I’m not aware Torbett was actually employed directly by the club.”
Official magazine highlighted links
Investigations by The Times have exposed the links between celtic FC and its scandal-hit feeder club (Marc Horne writes).
celtic has insisted that it is not legally culpable for the widespread abuse, describing the boys’ club as “entirely separate”.However, their position was contradicted by their own official magazine.In 1987 an article in The celtic View said: “It was some 20 short years back that [the celtic manager] Jock Stein and [the chairman] Sir Robert Kelly brought the boys’ club into the celtic family.
“It is now 18 years since Jock and [the celtic scout] John Higgins made the connection official.”
The previous year it featured a report saying: “David Hay [the celtic manager] complimented celtic Boys Club and once again confirmed that they are very much a part of celtic FC.”
An archived copy of the now-defunct feeder club website stated it was the “only official celtic Boys Club”, while its registered address was a celtic FC training ground.
Jack McGinn, celtic’s chairman at the time, was found to have accepted the resignation of the boys’ club coach Frank Cairney after allegations he had abused a teenager on a US tour in 1991. Mr McGinn’s involvement appears at odds with claims that there were no links between the clubs.
The Times uncovered documents showing that Stein had personally recruited Cairney to the boys’ club in 1970.

ttps://apple.news/A23HXl3dQTlaFtkENBm2C1g

Jock Stein signed autographs at a business run by Jim Torbett a decade after he kicked him out of celtic Boys Club for molesting boys.
The football manager granted permission for Torbett to start the feeder club in 1966, but dismissed him eight years later after hearing about allegations of abuse.
However, in March 1984 The Glasgow Evening Times reported that Stein, manager of Scotland at the time, would be making a “personal appearance” at a branch of Torbett’s Trophy Centre on Kilmarnock Road in Glasgow.
Kevin Kelly, the celtic FC chairman between 1991 and 1994, was a director of the Trophy Centre from 1989 until 2005, long after Torbett was first convicted and jailed. Mr Kelly and Jack McGinn, another former celtic FC chairman who was also employed at the Trophy Centre, both strongly deny having any previous knowledge of Torbett’s offending.
Gerald King, a former celtic Boys Club chairman who was convicted of abusing children in 2018, also had a job at the centre. celtic FC had a long-term deal with the firm, reported to be worth £250,000 a year, which did not end until 2002.
At that time the club said: “celtic had a long-term contractual obligation with the Trophy Centre. This has now lapsed.”
Torbett resigned as director of the centre in 2000 but it is not known when he left his position with celtic FC’s retail arm.
In 2018 the High Court in Glasgow heard that one of his victims, now aged 37, was abused at Trophy Centre premises in the Pollokshaws area of the city.

There day is coming imo all the laughing they've done at us. I think we might be the ones laughing loudest very soon.

All because they didn't phone the police and report horrendous crimes against children just say that makes me feel sick.

I see Patrick McGuire is still talking about taking them to court

Said it for months if I was a victim going through this solicitor I'd be looking for someone else.

Am not convinced he's in it for them

59 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

There day is coming imo all the laughing they've done at us. I think we might be the ones laughing loudest very soon.

All because they didn't phone the police and report horrendous crimes against children just say that makes me feel sick.

Said it for months if I was a victim going through this solicitor I'd be looking for someone else.

Laughing isn't the best of responses to a story like this, paints entirely the wrong image.

It's a sad indictment of this country that there's only one paper uncovering the truth about all this.

Genuinely expect an article soon by Keith Jackson stating why celtic are a different entity to the boys club.

Also whilst the SNP are in power then the victims won't get the justice they deserve.

That's the most damning article yet from the Times and the more digging they do more will unfold. 

All being linked now...joining the dot's CFC,Whites, McGinn, Stein...all leading to Torbett... Trophy Centre...even establishing he's was re-employed with convictions for CSA.

As many have said before, follow the money and it will all unravel!!!

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Can’t see it Kirk 

The Americans are in chaos at this minute with all the rioting  .They could make Liewell president and and take the Scottish media with them .That’s the way to go in 2020

2 hours ago, Carling1873 said:

That's the most damning article yet from the Times and the more digging they do more will unfold. 

All being linked now...joining the dot's CFC,Whites, McGinn, Stein...all leading to Torbett... Trophy Centre...even establishing he's was re-employed with convictions for CSA.

As many have said before, follow the money and it will all unravel!!!

Sadly what’s happened there is probably worse than we could have imagined.

9 hours ago, Malkster said:

Jock Stein signed autographs at a business run by Jim Torbett a decade after he kicked him out of celtic Boys Club for molesting boys.

Imagine any fenian accusing anybody of point scoring.
Imagine shelling out for a ST and condone what happened just by that act alone.
What a rancid fuckin entity from cradle to hopefully grave in the not too distant future.
Absolutely shameless fuckin bheasts from nappy to shroud.
Disgusting that not one person picked up a phone since around the time of the lisbon liars.

I do not use the word hate in principal as it is such a strong word.
But this is an exception.

On 25/06/2019 at 22:57, Bears r us said:

The trophy centre and BJK was posted here almost a year ago .

Sickening , the very thought that anyone would go along to promote a paedo bastards business , FFS .

How could anyone live with themselves after that ?

"How could anyone live with themselves after that ?"

Big Jock could as well as numerous others over at the crumble dome also many beyond...

Disgusting behaviour being normalised in Scotland by the SNPIRA and SMSM all to keep there so called good name clean.

A name so tarnished it should not be allowed to come back from this...

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The Times sure done them again today - a full page number (sorry if already posted)

2537FA26-76D3-465E-95BC-518E612AC8C0.jpeg

At least one paper is actually investigating and not letting this go. 

Far too many reporters that want to look the other way. Expecting some more hollicom spin soon. 

For me the trophy centre is at the heart of this scandal, Torbet was in control of this company and allowed his company to get money out of the club into certain peaples hands, Kelly's for one, Maybe now Stein too 

They knew Torbett was a wrong un but their love of cleansed money through the trophy centre allowed them to turn a blind eye to what they knew was going on, 

They then threatened anybody that wanted to expose what was going on, Not to protect the name of the club (it was fucked anyway) but to protect the clean cash creamed from the biscuit tin 

Archived