Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d support our club refusing to play them if the SFA does nothing. The sanctions they give out will be worth it. Why should Ibrox have to accommodate an immoral disgusting football club like that and why should we take football players to a stadium that should be a crime scene.

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

If this had been my club that brushed this aside, even today. I’d tie my scarf around the gates of Ibrox and never return. I could not be associated with the club.

I agree most likely because of what happened. Definitely for their actions since. It would be done for me. 

24 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Firstly the victims should be commended for having the courage to speak out. Whilst Stein is singled out, McNeil said previously in court it was an open secret. In other words, they all fuckin knew. Shameful. Shut that club down. 

Lou Mccari said similar in his book I think. 

STV report was at pains to stress the distinction between football club and boys club.

Would not be surprised if Lawwell had secured an injunction to keep the media on message.

As with the self-imposed BBC ban, our best hope for a just resolution probably lies outside this country.

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

STV report was at pains to stress the distinction between football club and boys club.

Would not be surprised if Lawwell had secured an injunction to keep the media on message.

As with the self-imposed BBC ban, our best hope for a just resolution probably lies outside this country.

The STV report was pitiful 

21 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

If this had been my club that brushed this aside, even today. I’d tie my scarf around the gates of Ibrox and never return. I could not be associated with the club.

Yes

19 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’d rather be known as the club that died than the club that covered up molesting children 

Scum of the earth. 

Some things are beyond the pale

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To be fair the BBC article mentioned that celtic claim they are distinct and separate, and said  that this is legally correct but then goes on to show how closely linked they both were which is probably as far as they feel comfortable with going legally but does translate to "You're talking shite, separate entity my arse"

Archived