Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jackunion said:

is this hit the tip of the iceberg or is there more to come of this ? 

Will the mcafferty case bring out more of the bheasts sordid deeds ? 

think frank cairney will be next it was said back in may his trial was going to be delayed for months but it has been months now so hopefully the bastard finally gets what he deserves

5 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I am not sure mate but it was incredible that he was convicted and did time and was then taken back, I think Daly (who I have never been a fan since his award winning programme about Rangers filled with many mistakes) might be the one to do blow this open. 

He wasnt convicted and then taken back mate, thats the issue, when stein kicked him out for it the first time in 74, no one told the police, the club knew he was fiddling weans but did nothing, then rehired him in 1980, it was only in 1994 when he finally got reported for historic crimes the first time at the club he got convicted

Yesterday he got convicted of crimes in his second time at the club, do essentially by hiding the fact torbett was a nonce they allowed his 2nd wave victims to be abused when he could have been jailed by then 

The silence from the fanboys in the political and media world.will probably get broken when the next couple.of trials start/end...

Sectarian PF office hounding c****c and it's time.to let this all be forgotten.

That will be the new mantra....They are as predictable as they are sleekit...

celtic Boys Club was founded in 1966 but was never formally affiliated with celtic FC and Jim Torbett was not an employee of the Glasgow club.

This is a concurring theme that most media outlets are stating. It’s almost as if it’s enforced but almost definitely orchestrated. 

Once the civil cases start it won't be swept under the carpet. celtic Football Club covered up systematic child abuse, too many people associated with them have admitted as much. It won't be the boys club under attack from civil suits. It will be the club, the charitable one, a club like no other, yeah we know why... 

The problem I have is that celtic are fly. They have this not affiliated with the club line and their ilk are believing it. it's like the tax dodge they set up for their players. They were fly enough to do it but not in their name but the players names so that if anything came of it they were in the clear. That's my worry about this. Will they, yet again, get off scot free? I sincerely hope not.

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

The problem I have is that celtic are fly. They have this not affiliated with the club line and their ilk are believing it. it's like the tax dodge they set up for their players. They were fly enough to do it but not in their name but the players names so that if anything came of it they were in the clear. That's my worry about this. Will they, yet again, get off scot free? I sincerely hope not.

There still playing the separate organisation card like it's a shield. 

The facts are cfc knew what was going on at cbc and did nothing to stop it. They were more interested in protecting their brand than protecting children's safety. That will be the crux of the civil law suits. 

Hopefully the victims get every bit of compensation they are due from this disgusting club.

They should also be facing sporting sanctions. I would expect this to happen to any club that behaved the way they did. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

There still playing the separate organisation card like it's a shield. 

The facts are cfc knew what was going on at cbc and did nothing to stop it. They were more interested in protecting their brand than protecting children's safety. That will be the crux of the civil law suits. 

Hopefully the victims get every bit of compensation they are due from this disgusting club.

They should also be facing sporting sanctions. I would expect this to happen to any club that behaved the way they did. 

These words were actually said "to protect the name of the club".
Me personally would strip titles for every year he was employed at (the club).
Disgusting vile people.

As I said before this tops everything and they should be kicked out football Immediately. 

Total scum shambles of a club. 

There should be no debate on this matter kick the scum right out of football.

the sfa or any other club in Scotland won’t even comment on this but were quick to show hatred towards us.

its time for our own club to come out with a statement on this.

Some people don’t agree with me on this but I do feel there’s a corrupt element onto why they removed this statement. The SFA will put out the narrative that there is nothing in their policies that allows them to take action against a member club.

"http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/ssfa/scottish_football.cfm?page=3812

Section 9 of this now removed link said.

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

12 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Some people don’t agree with me on this but I do feel there’s a corrupt element onto why they removed this statement. The SFA will put out the narrative that there is nothing in their policies that allows them to take action against a member club.

"http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/ssfa/scottish_football.cfm?page=3812

Section 9 of this now removed link said.

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

Mate are you saying that was within their policies however was removed? When was that?

The opening paragraph within their governance section on their website:

Football Governance is an integral part of the Scottish FA’s role as the national governing body, encompassing the key regulatory functions of Anti-Doping, Child Wellbeing & Protection, Club Licensing, Disciplinary, Security & Integrity and Player Registrations.

I know we live in times where that lot are protected and they have power and influence in certain corridors etc however I am stunned that the the SFA and the individuals who head it up appear willing to let history show that they were the men that looked the other way whilst guilt of child abuse within our game was proven.  It’s sickening if that’s the case. 

That link is now removed as they have changed their policy and looking through it I couldn’t find it being put back in. This link was still working at the onset of this latest scandal when Mr Woodward bravely gave his statement. I will not put it past them to have removed this statement to allow a narrative that it is out with their power to take any member clubs to court. 

If it was a separate entity will that club not litigate against the boys club for using its name, badge, colours and ultimately defaming the name of the club through these acts...

Or, more truthfully, it wasnt a separate entity and was actually seen as a stepping stone by naive kids into playing for celtic.

Unbelievable. 

Surely someone can highlight this to Mark Daly?

This is getting beyond being a simple cover up now. There must be a full enquiry into how this happened & what the SFA did or didn't do. The 'club like no other' surely can't wriggle out of this one.

Let the punishment fit the crime.

If this was us there would be an orchestrated attack going on right now. Websites set up, books being written etc. 

Absolutely scandalous.  What’s happening here is how the Catholic Church dealt with abuse however even they are coming to terms with admitting guilt.

Until this is laid completely bare, learning cannot fully be taken from it.  Whilst they refuse to accept their role the welfare of children is being put secondary to their business, their desperation to be loved, their need to maintain this false sense of superiority.  celtic Football Club are absolute fucking scum  

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He wasnt convicted and then taken back mate, thats the issue, when stein kicked him out for it the first time in 74, no one told the police, the club knew he was fiddling weans but did nothing, then rehired him in 1980, it was only in 1994 when he finally got reported for historic crimes the first time at the club he got convicted

Yesterday he got convicted of crimes in his second time at the club, do essentially by hiding the fact torbett was a nonce they allowed his 2nd wave victims to be abused when he could have been jailed by then 

Thanks for that info, I never realised that was the time line and that makes it so much worse. Terrible people. 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Once the civil cases start it won't be swept under the carpet. celtic Football Club covered up systematic child abuse, too many people associated with them have admitted as much. It won't be the boys club under attack from civil suits. It will be the club, the charitable one, a club like no other, yeah we know why... 

I’m no legal expert but surely the procurator fiscal can commence proceedings in advance of civil actions?

If so, why is the PF sitting on his hands?

I am also less than convinced that civil cases will be just around the corner. Does anyone know if there are any under way and, if so, what stage are they at?

In the event that a civil case secured compensation, the PF would then be under even greater pressure to act, would he not?

On a side issue, how are the scum supporters taking this? Never go near their forums but I know some bears do. Are they worried?

26 minutes ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

Unbelievable. 

Surely someone can highlight this to Mark Daly?

This is getting beyond being a simple cover up now. There must be a full enquiry into how this happened & what the SFA did or didn't do. The 'club like no other' surely can't wriggle out of this one.

Let the punishment fit the crime.

There will never be any punishment severe enough to punish for this crime. 

Archived