Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, markem said:

Exactly. Right there and then they have demonstrated that they were aware of what was going on, their responsibility and scope to act. 

People more qualified than me will confirm this but I doubt a court will look at it black and white. What I mean by that is it’s not as simple as - did you employ/pay him? They will look at the relationship as a whole and without even taking any significant time to research it it’s easy to established they were intertwined. 

To my understanding the next guy in the dock was one of their employees so why they are bothering with this shit is beyond me. 

I’m amazed they don’t come out and say the club was a victim of a different regime and  attempt to claim back the high ground by doing the right thing now.  That would be the best thing they could do and would appeal to the victim mentality they enjoy so much.  I wonder if they are so used to getting their own way they just won’t accept being held to account. Either that they haven’t played their hand yet.  They (Lawell etc) are many things but stupid isn’t typically evident. 

Good post. :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

As the song says.....”your silence is deafening” 

or even.....”you say it best, when you say nothing at all” 

Ya beastly bastards, hide all you want, the truth will be heard.

Accusations of "point scoring" are pathetic. Replace those pathetic words with 'speaking up' 

Where would the victims of torbett towers - and, Rotherham/Bradford child abuse rings, Lagarie Home in Rhu, Bennell and his ilk, even adult victims of Weinstein & #metoo - all be without people speaking up and refusing to be silenced? (That's just off the top of my head)

Those who remain silent while it's going on are as guilty as the child abusers - and those 'journalists' that seek to silence abuse victims and people who support them through social media aren't far away from that guilt too.

I'd rather be called a "point scorer" than a paedophile appeaser. 

Has anyone ventured into the wasteland cesspit of Kerrydale to see what they’re saying (apart from “H***”, “Sevco” and “point scoring” of course)?

Are they worried? 

I’m hoping some brave bear has put his nose clips on and had a swatch?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3455198/ex-celtic-player-sue-club-historic-sex-abuse-allegations/amp/

Article above says the victim will only get up to £100k. Also shows that celtic are fighting the claim using the ‘separate and distinct entity’ excuse.

Can see these horrible bastards getting away with this with minimal if any punishment.

Country Is well and truly fucked! ??

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Has anyone ventured into the wasteland cesspit of Kerrydale to see what they’re saying (apart from “H***”, “Sevco” and “point scoring” of course)?

Are they worried? 

The had a thread about it on FF. Kerrydale has a thread about it but it was pulled. Not in time that a few screen grabs were taken. Basically saying “Torbett was a H** because he wore a poppy at court” ?

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3455198/ex-celtic-player-sue-club-historic-sex-abuse-allegations/amp/

Article above says the victim will only get up to £100k. Also shows that celtic are fighting the claim using the ‘separate and distinct entity’ excuse.

Can see these horrible bastards getting away with this with minimal if any punishment.

Country Is well and truly fucked! ??

damages are paltry here in comparison to the US. However, there are dozens coming forward as Thompsons solicitors are fighting a class action suit.

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

It’s beneath contempt that this excuse of a person tries to take the high ground on this subject.

Mr Spiers,  just maybe us ‘cavemen’ over at Ibrox are doing a bit of point scoring highlighting this subject.  Thing is, we’ve been doing it for decades but because don’t have a public voice in the media, we are dismissed as only worth of contempt by those that do.  After all, we are only bigots, coarse and vulgar Rangers fans not pseudo intellectuals like you, Mr Spiers and your circle of friends.

You, Mr Spiers and most of your fellow journalists (and I use the term lightly) do have a public voice but you have chosen to not only ignore the ‘open secret’ but consistently try to shut down any mention of it.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  At the very minimum you are a coward, however in your own way you are as a complicit as any of those who covered up child abuse over several decades at that club across the city.  It is laughable that you should still try to attempt to take the moral high ground on this issue.  You would be better employed searching your own conscience on how your actions helped facilitate the cover up.

Tweet that to the cunt if you can mate. Great post. ? 

7 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Are they worried? 

pie and bovril would be a good place to have a look to see what the rest of the Rangers hating bastards are saying 

When we were demoted to 3rd div I remember Mcoist being interviewed .he seemed very serious about our wrong doing and admitted that we deserve our punishment and the club needed cleansed. 

What level would these bastards need to go to to be cleansed ,

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

When we were demoted to 3rd div I remember Mcoist being interviewed .he seemed very serious about our wrong doing and admitted that we deserve our punishment and the club needed cleansed. 

What level would these bastards need to go to to be cleansed ,

The depths of hell.

23 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

damages are paltry here in comparison to the US. However, there are dozens coming forward as Thompsons solicitors are fighting a class action suit.

I believe some of these offences took place in the states?

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Accusations of "point scoring" are pathetic. Replace those pathetic words with 'speaking up' 

Where would the victims of torbett towers - and, Rotherham/Bradford child abuse rings, Lagarie Home in Rhu, Bennell and his ilk, even adult victims of Weinstein & #metoo - all be without people speaking up and refusing to be silenced? (That's just off the top of my head)

Those who remain silent while it's going on are as guilty as the child abusers - and those 'journalists' that seek to silence abuse victims and people who support them through social media aren't far away from that guilt too.

I'd rather be called a "point scorer" than a paedophile appeaser. 

Thing is, point scoring is totally justified in relation to the second crime that was committed, thelong term institutionalised cover up of child abuse.  Let’s be totally clear what the motivation for that crime was, the protection of their self-proclaimed, much vaunted ‘reputation’.  Having spent 130years cultivating the myth of ‘the club created to feed and protect the poor downtrodden catholic community’, the ‘club like no other’, etc  they weren’t going to let anything, not least the little matter of child abuse tarnish the illusion.  There is no argument over it, their greatest ever manager confirmed it in his ‘keep Celtics name clean at all times’ comment.  

When an organisation puts their ‘reputation’ above child safety that pereceived reputation needs to publicly exposed and shredded.  Point scoring is completely legitimate means of doing this.  Of course, their acolytes will continue to try and deflect away from the issue, having spent over 40years covering up heinous crimes to protect their ‘reputation’, you would expect no less.  

We should relentless in our attack of their reputation.  It is what they cherish above all else, the motivation for their crimes, and It deserves to be publicly shredded.  What would Brother Walfrid made of it all, I would ask.

14 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Thing is, point scoring is totally justified in relation to the second crime that was committed, thelong term institutionalised cover up of child abuse.  Let’s be totally clear what the motivation for that crime was, the protection of their self-proclaimed, much vaunted ‘reputation’.  Having spent 130years cultivating the myth of ‘the club created to feed and protect the poor downtrodden catholic community’, the ‘club like no other’, etc  they weren’t going to let anything, not least the little matter of child abuse tarnish the illusion.  There is no argument over it, their greatest ever manager confirmed it in his ‘keep Celtics name clean at all times’ comment.  

When an organisation puts their ‘reputation’ above child safety that pereceived reputation needs to publicly exposed and shredded.  Point scoring is completely legitimate means of doing this.  Of course, their acolytes will continue to try and deflect away from the issue, having spent over 40years covering up heinous crimes to protect their ‘reputation’, you would expect no less.  

We should relentless in our attack of their reputation.  It is what they cherish above all else, the motivation for their crimes, and It deserves to be publicly shredded.  What would Brother Walfrid made of it all, I would ask.

The world will never know how many walfrid abused..

39 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The article is wrong. The All Scotland Personal Injury Court is NOT limited to making awards of damages of £100K or lower. It has a lower limit for claims of £5000 but no upper limit. The £100K figure refers to the fact that actions for damages for personal injury in which up to £100K is sought can only be brought in the All Scotland Personal Injury Court or the Sheriff Court but not in the Court of Session. 

Where is this point scoring accusation meant to be?

We aren't saying "celtic should be punished because they call us Sevco and wanted us demoted... thats us even. Points shared out. One each!"

We are saying "celtic should be punished because they covered up these acts, and allowed him back into club". It is proven in court of law 

47 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Damages of up to 100k doesn't seem very much.

See my other post - the Daily Mail has got it wrong. 

That said, I don't know how much the guy is suing for - it could be more than £100K, but it could just as easily be less than that figure. 

Archived