Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The comments from celtic fans on Twitter under the Radio Clyde video are fucking disgusting! 

Absolutely wild. 

‘What about Rangers’ ‘Separate legal entity’ ‘Sevco ya bass’

Mental. 

I’m not one for looking at their forums or anything, but surely they can’t be condoning their clubs approach, cover up and attitude to this now. Incidents can happen anywhere in any walk of life, but it’s how you respond to them. 

I love Rangers, but as a father if there was a systematic cover up of child abuse and then the enabling of more kids lives to be ruined in the name of ‘protecting the club’ i don’t think I could go back to Ibrox. 

“What about Sevco”, “what about Richard Gough”. WTF is wrong with these mutants?

Best one yet is saying that celtic fc should sue Patrick McGuire for using the clubs name in association with the child abuse claims. ?

15 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Can imagine, the dirty paedo harbouring, cult following, morally depraved cunts.

They keep posting a picture of Neely saying this will take the gloss off it. Horrible horrible bastards!!!

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

They keep posting a picture of Neely saying this will take the gloss off it. Horrible horrible bastards!!!

They don't give a fuck about the victims just like their clatty religion, let them dig away as that one will also come back to bite them in the arse?

4 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

They don't give a fuck about the victims just like their clatty religion, let them dig away as that one will also come back to bite them in the arse?

been thinking this too .their denial that they have anything to do with it is only going to make them look even worse when lawyers get involved and prove otherwise. 

28 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Absolutely wild. 

‘What about Rangers’ ‘Separate legal entity’ ‘Sevco ya bass’

Mental. 

I’m not one for looking at their forums or anything, but surely they can’t be condoning their clubs approach, cover up and attitude to this now. Incidents can happen anywhere in any walk of life, but it’s how you respond to them. 

I love Rangers, but as a father if there was a systematic cover up of child abuse and then the enabling of more kids lives to be ruined in the name of ‘protecting the club’ i don’t think I could go back to Ibrox. 

I could. If our fan base demanded justice for the victims and prosecution of the offenders.

The club is the fans, and it's not the fans that commit these kinds of things. They do become implicated when they deny victims recognition, and when they perpetuate a cover up by trying to protect the people that covered it up and enabled the abuse in the first place.

You would have no need to feel guilty in that case. In that case it's individuals that are responsible, not the club, as individuals do not equal the club any more than Craig Whyte or Imran Ahmad or Charles Green equalled Rangers (different levels of scumminess involved in abusing kids, but the point is the same). It's a pity the celtic fans can't see that.

After reading and seeing some of the stories from the victims. If that was Rangers covering it up, denying it happened and refusing to accept responsibility or even speak to the victims. I would truly struggle to ever support my club ever again, it would be forever tainted with me and I genuinely think I would walk away. 

25 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I could. If our fan base demanded justice for the victims and prosecution of the offenders.

The club is the fans, and it's not the fans that commit these kinds of things. They do become implicated when they deny victims recognition, and when they perpetuate a cover up by trying to protect the people that covered it up and enabled the abuse in the first place.

You would have no need to feel guilty in that case. In that case it's individuals that are responsible, not the club, as individuals do not equal the club any more than Craig Whyte or Imran Ahmad or Charles Green equalled Rangers (different levels of scumminess involved in abusing kids, but the point is the same). It's a pity the celtic fans can't see that.

Spot on, Inigo.

This isnt going to go away, the victims deserve an explanation as to why it wasn't reported and why that rancid club covered it up. Legal teams are on the case and can see ££££££ which is bad news from the scum and if they pay compensation then that's them basically admitting their part and guilt and the authorities will have to act.

5 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

This isnt going to go away, the victims deserve an explanation as to why it wasn't reported and why that rancid club covered it up. Legal teams are on the case and can see ££££££ which is bad news from the scum and if they pay compensation then that's them basically admitting their part and guilt and the authorities will have to act.

the convenient removal of an SFA rule mean the football authorities won't punish. 

Right the wrongs'

Speaking on BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland programme, solicitor Patrick McGuire described the official statement as "insipid" and warned celtic not to take "some sort of victim mentality".

He said: "We are asking celtic, in their own right, for their own past wrongs, to do the right thing.

"The survivors of this abuse have been waiting for a very long time. They won't wait much longer."

Mr McGuire, whose Glasgow-based firm is representing 10 former celtic Boys Club players, also questioned celtic FC's claim that it was only alerted to stories about Torbett in the 1990s.

He said: "I was very interested, shall we say, in that particular comment. That they would choose to pin their colours to such a mast so factually.

"When was it that celtic Football Club knew, or ought to have known, about what was going on and when should that club have taken action? Was it in the 90s? I have evidence to the contrary."

Image captionPatrick McGuire has vowed to take celtic to court if it fails to meet his clients

celtic FC have repeatedly insisted that the club was a completely separate entity from the boys club. Mr McGuire described that as "simply incorrect".

He said: "We say that the two organisations, even if the boys club was a separate legal entity which in itself is questionable, were utterly intertwined.

"The connection, both financial and institutional, between the two is a very significant factor."

Don't see this going away anytime soon and will gather momentum when the other criminal cases are heard.

12 hours ago, Fear no foe said:

Ok forgive me if I'm missing the point, but does a link between them and the boys club even fucking matter? I mean do you need a legal obligation before you can start being a decent human being and just do the right thing? They knew, they could of stopped it, they didn't, end of.

If I had evidence that my neighbour was a rapist do I need to have some sort of legal link to him before I could inform the police and spare more potential victims? Is that how they think this works?

It's unbelievable that after the last 6 years of hammering us for using for using a legal loophole to save on some tax they're now trying to use a legal technically to try and absolve themselves from their moral failings of standing by and knowing the lives of children where being destroyed in the must horrific of ways. Disgusting, reprehensible, sub-human cunts. Never again can they be allowed to lecture anyone on morality. Never.

Well said that man.

6 minutes ago, trueblue 64 said:

Right the wrongs'

Speaking on BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland programme, solicitor Patrick McGuire described the official statement as "insipid" and warned celtic not to take "some sort of victim mentality".

He said: "We are asking celtic, in their own right, for their own past wrongs, to do the right thing.

"The survivors of this abuse have been waiting for a very long time. They won't wait much longer."

Mr McGuire, whose Glasgow-based firm is representing 10 former celtic Boys Club players, also questioned celtic FC's claim that it was only alerted to stories about Torbett in the 1990s.

He said: "I was very interested, shall we say, in that particular comment. That they would choose to pin their colours to such a mast so factually.

"When was it that celtic Football Club knew, or ought to have known, about what was going on and when should that club have taken action? Was it in the 90s? I have evidence to the contrary."

Image captionPatrick McGuire has vowed to take celtic to court if it fails to meet his clients

celtic FC have repeatedly insisted that the club was a completely separate entity from the boys club. Mr McGuire described that as "simply incorrect".

He said: "We say that the two organisations, even if the boys club was a separate legal entity which in itself is questionable, were utterly intertwined.

"The connection, both financial and institutional, between the two is a very significant factor."

Don't see this going away anytime soon and will gather momentum when the other criminal cases are heard.

He must have something on them to be coming out with that.

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

The removal of this is irrelevant, the children’s Scotland act is law, they will still be accountable against it.

maybe removal of the rule will open another can of worms .

There should be an investigation on why the rule was removed .find out who was responsible and find out why it was of benefit to remove such a rule 

Archived