Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

maybe removal of the rule will open another can of worms .

There should be an investigation on why the rule was removed .find out who was responsible and find out why it was of benefit to remove such a rule 

That particular act is where child protection agenda is built upon, the need for qualified coaches, for child protection policies, codes of conduct, reporting procedures internally etc.

They are culpable against thus act in many many different areas.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

They keep posting a picture of Neely saying this will take the gloss off it. Horrible horrible bastards!!!

Their wee Heads can't process that this isn't simply about just stating "yous had a peedo work for you". Unfortunately these people can get into positions they never should however the real issue here is how the issue is dealt with once rumours come to light. We reported neely to the police and he never went near youth football again. They re-employed a known abuser. They never contacted the police once and worryingly they seemed to have a number of these type of characters all at the club around the same time. They failed miserably in their duty of care. 

13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Not even one media man with the suggestion that there was a ring going on 

I find that astonishing .Even with Brazil and Mcneils previous statements 

Aye remember them bheasts ?

i think with more court cases and convictions this will be where daly is heading.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Absolutely wild. 

‘What about Rangers’ ‘Separate legal entity’ ‘Sevco ya bass’

Mental. 

I’m not one for looking at their forums or anything, but surely they can’t be condoning their clubs approach, cover up and attitude to this now. Incidents can happen anywhere in any walk of life, but it’s how you respond to them. 

I love Rangers, but as a father if there was a systematic cover up of child abuse and then the enabling of more kids lives to be ruined in the name of ‘protecting the club’ i don’t think I could go back to Ibrox. 

Totally agree. This situation is far far beyond points scoring and football.

Our actions and behaviours (good and bad) should have consequences and hopefully they're coming for some people. 

It's just a shocking, sickening and sad story and one that we've heard all too often in all sorts of walks of life in recent years. The difference is the continuing denials and silence this time.

54 minutes ago, trueblue 64 said:

Right the wrongs'

Speaking on BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland programme, solicitor Patrick McGuire described the official statement as "insipid" and warned celtic not to take "some sort of victim mentality".

He said: "We are asking celtic, in their own right, for their own past wrongs, to do the right thing.

"The survivors of this abuse have been waiting for a very long time. They won't wait much longer."

Had to laugh at that. 

'Just remember... I'm Scots-Irish Catholic unawl. I know yer tricks.'

Talking to a tim earlier. 

I swear I didn't bring this up and don't even know how we got onto the subject but he eventually used the old claim of "every cunt point scoring" and how it was disgraceful and people should just let it pan out.  My only response was "perhaps if people weren't point scoring, victims wouldn't be getting justice now".  His response was astonishing, the conversation goes...

Tim - "Did you report Richard Gough?"

Me - "What for?"

Tim - "He was fond of little boys too"

Me - "Was he??? First I've heard of that"

Tim - "Seriously??  It was well known"

Me - "not to me, I've never heard that before, but if you've got information maybe you should go to the police?"

Tim - "should't that be your job (as in mine)?  That's what you lot keep telling us that we should report it?"

Me - "Not really my job, I don't know what you're talking about.  If someone has got information, then surely it's up to them?  I mean if you've got info maybe you should go to the police?"

Tim - "I will...I fuckin will...."

And he walked off!  :fishing:

Sorry Richard!!

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Had to laugh at that. 

'Just remember... I'm Scots-Irish Catholic unawl. I know yer tricks.'

There fans have went into full front victim mode with some of the comments saying there giving up there season ticket because of "point-scoring"

27 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Not even one media man with the suggestion that there was a ring going on 

I find that astonishing .Even with Brazil and Mcneils previous statements 

Aye remember them bheasts ?

If someone came out and said that and it was false their career would be done.

30 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

"massive cover up" - Daly

Given Daly's non interview with ' Fritzel ' and now his dog with a bone attitude to the great cover up,

one could be forgiven for believing he is 'personna non grata' at the stade de nonce ?

Archived