*** The Official Rangers V Aberdeen Match Thread ***

BridgeIsBlue

26 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Started off on the same basis.

I'd go 442 and though Tav could go right mid the truth is he needs dropped as you just can't keep a jersey after those 2 schoolboy errors last night.

Wes.

Hodson Kiernan Hill Wallace

Forrester/MOH Holt Halliday Windass

Dodoo Garner.

We need another central midfielder player badly.

A victory is the only outcome required here and one that comes with pride, quality and a few goals.......not even sure we are capable of it and the longer we dont score the more poisnous the crowd become making a victory almost impossible.

Cant see us winning this and may just be the final straw for a lot of people.

9 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I would honestly consider something radical like pushing Kiernan into the DM role. Yes he's shite but he's a Warburton favourite and so going to play regardless. Couldnt be any worse than the shite currently shoehorned into the DM role.... In saying that he probably would be.

18 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

My thoughts exactly. When I tried to come up with a team for the weekend I really didn't want to play Holt and Halliday as both have been missing for weeks.

Crooks gave me no signs of encouragement last night and with rossiter and kranjcar crocked, windass continually picking up small injuries it leaves you with nothing but the youth players who Warburton won't ever turn to.

7 hours ago, Swagger said:

I don't get what people see in Forrester and MOH. Forrester is like something you would see running around a local league and MOH has pace but fuck all else. 

Hodson needs a run in the side. Push Tavernier further forward and give Garner and Waghorn a few games together up front. 

I'd play Gilks instead of Foderingham and Hill instead of Keirnan. 

He could change the formation but there is very little he can do to change very much player wise as the squad as a whole is poor. 

You dont think MOH or Forrester offer anything but you would play the absolute bombscare Tavernier in midfield despite him doing not a stroke there against Celtic and generally being hopeless, wow.

Who knows? Where do you go after last nights shambles

Dodoo has a touch of class about him I think he needs to play and get better service, poor guy was getting nothing the whole night, gets a chance and buries it. Then went on a cracker of a run down the line... then gets subbed 

Holt and Kiernan were the only other 2 who were decent, Fod as well obviously but the big man has been class all season

Foderingham

Hodson--Hill--Kiernan--Wallace

Holt--Windass--McKay

O'Halloran--Dodoo--Waghorn

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Who knows? Where do you go after last nights shambles

Dodoo has a touch of class about him I think he needs to play and get better service, poor guy was getting nothing the whole night, gets a chance and buries it. Then went on a cracker of a run down the line... then gets subbed 

Holt and Kiernan were the only other 2 who were decent, Fod as well obviously but the big man has been class all season

Foderingham

Hodson--Hill--Kiernan--Wallace

Holt--Windass--McKay

O'Halloran--Dodoo--Waghorn

That midfield would get out muscled all day long against the sheep.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That midfield would get out muscled all day long against the sheep.

I know mate but there's absolutely hee-haw else. Our midfield gets bullied every week now 

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I know mate but there's absolutely hee-haw else. Our midfield gets bullied every week now 

That's where you'd think crooks would help given his physique but saw little evidence of that last night.

Think if he ever gets fit again Rossiter would do a job. Seems motivated and has the ankle biter style of play.

45 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Remember at the start of the season when we had too many :anguish: 

Makes me sick that we could have had a fully fit Joey Barton and Niko Kranjcar available. But it wasn't to be 

I am dreading Saturday. I think the fact that we have not won away to Hibs, Falkirk, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts playing 4-3-3. I don't understand how everyone else can see the problems we have but the boss can't. I have said it a couple of times that we get over ran in midfield. Halliday has been awful for months and is not a holding midfielder. Holt is good going forward and can't tackle. All other midfielders cant tackle either. I was hoping that Crooks was going to be the man to turn this around but looks about 6 weeks away from fitness. Windass' best position seems to be in the physios room. When we defend we are an absolute joke instead of trying to get the ball from the man we seem to back off and let them bring it comfortably forward, the amount of times Kiernan and Wallace do this for defenders is a joke. I read someone say that we miss a player like Ball who would sit in front of the defenders and protect them and I would say thats spot on. 

Its hard to moan about Miller but he looks like he is needing a rest which is the managers fault.

Aberdeen will come to Ibrox and have a go as there is no fear when anyone play us this season, I am just surprised that more teams haven't tried it at Ibrox as we have looked vulnerable in a lot of the games.

Having looked at the squad and moaned about the players there is nobody else to play due to injuries. 

Foderingham

Hodson Wilson Hill Wallace

MOH   Forrester Crooks Holt McKay

Garner 

Bench

Tav, Kiernan, Miller, Dodoo & Haliday.

Warburton team and plan has been done for sometime i noticed it in the last third of last season when it was clear to see as a team they had lost belief in his system. Posters said it was because we won the league but even that was said more in hope i think.

Will add the worse i think we will get against Aberdeen is a draw as they are awful.

The boards needing to also accept some responsibility for this with their constant lies.

44 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

I would honestly consider something radical like pushing Kiernan into the DM role. Yes he's shite but he's a Warburton favourite and so going to play regardless. Couldnt be any worse than the shite currently shoehorned into the DM role.... In saying that he probably would be.

Thought the same, if only for wanting something other than the usual midgets getting bullied by shite and run over.

Then I remember that Kiernan is utterly hopeless at everything. Not being able to tackle is a bit of a disadvantage for a midfielder.

5 minutes ago, standup said:

Dreading this game. I am sure that Warburtons team will have to learn a lot from this game. I don't expect to be entertained and sent home happy.

We say that every week and it makes no difference and it this one won't be either, because it is Warburton who needs to learn, which is something he is obviously incapable of.