*** The Official Rangers V Aberdeen Match Thread ***

BridgeIsBlue

Great result today i thought first half we weren't great but much better second half once we got stuck in, Credit to Fod for his great save and the aberdeen fud who missed a stick on goal from the header:belm: still think Forrester should have squared it to Waghorn for an easy tap in all in all a great day.

Hill will be a miss against Hearts as he was very good today.  Great that they cunts still struggle against us even when we are not too good.

Overall it was a very welcome result and the players played pretty well today  even though we really aren't a good football team atm. But delighted I am. The referee was awful. Shame about Hill's red card. Wilson or Senderos need to fill his boots next week if we are to make amends for last Wednesday's farce.

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

JG was my motm, HF should have squared it to MW but the Miss from LW was shocking. The fight in this team during the 2nd half was superb as was the fans ??

That chance of Lee's reminded me of the one he scored against St Mirren early last season. He should have scored that.

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

Great team performance.

Don't think you could single out anyone who played bad.  Definitely some heart and desire shown today.

Warburton has been slaughtered lately, he got it right today, and also must get some credit to instilling some heart and desire back in the team.

Sheep had a couple of ten minute spells in both halves where they looked on top, but overall we certainly deserved that.

The team needed it, the manager needed it, and we, the support, most certainly needed it.

That result might have saved the manager his job, or stopped his resigning if things still continued to slide.

Hopefully some much needed confidence back, Hill was solid today, a blow for the Hearts game, but we need to build on this and get the result.

I didn't think Halliday had a good game and was lucky not to be sent off at the end. I thoroughly enjoyed the game today (bar the first 10 minutes or so). My MOTM was either Wallace or Holt. It would be good if we could show this sort of commitment in all games.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

That chance of Lee's reminded me of the one he scored against St Mirren early last season. He should have scored that.

It was some ball through to him and his first touch was perfect. Wasn't even on target but 3 points and that fighting performance has made my weekend ??

Just now, Bad Robot said:

It was some ball through to him and his first touch was perfect. Wasn't even on target but 3 points and that fighting performance has made my weekend ??

It looked a goal all the way, didn't it? You're right, it was the desire to get the win that was so pleasing today.

On 02/12/2016 at 6:14 PM, Bobby Hume said:

MY HERO ..... a voice in the wilderness, that will hopefully be joined by many ..... in a resounding call to arms .... For the cry was No Surrender !!!!!!!

:uk:

Just like i said.

On 02/12/2016 at 4:17 PM, Smile said:

We will win this 2-1.

Just got home from the match, don't know why Garner had been getting abuse in this thread as a target man he was superb and did everything he could to bring other players into the game, some of the tackles against him we should have got free kicks for, if the ref could use consistency which the fucker couldn't.

A great fighting spirit from the team and a brilliant atmosphere from the fans.

Sorry but that ref was fucking honking and I'm still angry at some of the decision he made.

2 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Great team performance.

Don't think you could single out anyone who played bad.  Definitely some heart and desire shown today.

Warburton has been slaughtered lately, he got it right today, and also must get some credit to instilling some heart and desire back in the team.

Sheep had a couple of ten minute spells in both halves where they looked on top, but overall we certainly deserved that.

The team needed it, the manager needed it, and we, the support, most certainly needed it.

That result might have saved the manager his job, or stopped his resigning if things still continued to slide.

Hopefully some much needed confidence back, Hill was solid today, a blow for the Hearts game, but we need to build on this and get the result.

Spot on bud. Let's be honest we're not going to win the league this year, and for a Rangers team that's always the expectation, but today showed we're capable winning (while not being any way outstanding) against a team who some cunts in the media have as being the 2nd place team in the league. No fucking chance we'll be below them or Hertz at the end of the season and while 2nd is never good enough today at least we put down a marker.