*** The Official Rangers V Aberdeen Match Thread ***

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Remember at the start of the season when we had too many :anguish: 

Makes me sick that we could have had a fully fit Joey Barton and Niko Kranjcar available. But it wasn't to be 

Barton was a big loss I think. He was supposed to be the guy starting every single game with the rest of the team fitting in around him. We now find ourselves looking for that same type of player again.

30 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Would make no difference. This is no longer about individual players, but about a philosophy, an intransigent one that needs consigned to the bin. Only then will we see improvement.

Have any philosophy you like but this current crop of players have shown themselves to be not good enough for this level, simple as that.

It's not easy to see how we'd win this game - especially on the back of the dismal showing against Hearts and the comments from Warburton - for the umpteenth time this season - of his being frustrated at not playing at the level he wanted the team to play to.   The thing is as manager its his job to sort out the problems, identify opportunities, coach the team to play in match winning ways, inspire them and provide effective leadership to the team so that it fucking well delivers.  Warburton has shown time and again that its not in his bag to do this.   So its hard to see what changes for Saturday.

We are being led on the road to less than mediocrity this season.   Records are there to be broken and it feels like Saturday might just be the day where Warburton has to face the Support and then the Press to explain why it happened on his watch having fielded a mediocre under-performing Rangers side.   Unfortunately he gives nothing to suggest that he is able to motivate the team to win (or avoid defeat) on Saturday.  Nothing.   His call for patience is becoming more and more like the call of a manager who is struggling to make it happen and the only thing he can think of is more time to keep trying in the hope that his luck changes.  

If the game does not go well on Saturday it risks becoming a very uncomfortable stadium for Warburton, Weir and the players if the crowd runs out of patience and noisily conveys its collective opinion accordingly.   

I'm so empty of confidence in Warburton that I'm left with hope that the Gods of football will intervene and somehow create a Rangers win (or at least avoid losing). 

59 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Have any philosophy you like but this current crop of players have shown themselves to be not good enough for this level, simple as that.

They are playing to very rigid orders and it's quite clear they can't do it, nor like it. Warburton brought most of them here and picks them every week. He would stifle the genious of Messi, he is so controlling and intransigent. He is NOT a football man and wouldn't know talent if he fell over it, because he is not interested in ability, only his system that he must have found in a comic book.

Tin hat time.

We need a positive result from Saturday.

We also need to match the "physicality" of the sheep.

Fod

Hodson, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace.

Tav, Holt, Wilson, Windass.

Garner, Dodoo.

Hodson for his defensive qualities.

Tav in midfield, then we won't be dependent on his defensive qualities (???). Hopefully put in some decent crosses for Garner.

Wilson as a tackling midfielder. He is the most mobile of our CBs. Halliday is too lightweight in there.

Windass (if fit) against the team his old man played for (incentive?).

Garner and Dodoo to give us pace and aggression up front.

No swearing please. Constructive criticism only.

55 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

Tin hat time.

We need a positive result from Saturday.

We also need to match the "physicality" of the sheep.

Fod

Hodson, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace.

Tav, Holt, Wilson, Windass.

Garner, Dodoo.

Hodson for his defensive qualities.

Tav in midfield, then we won't be dependent on his defensive qualities (???). Hopefully put in some decent crosses for Garner.

Wilson as a tackling midfielder. He is the most mobile of our CBs. Halliday is too lightweight in there.

Windass (if fit) against the team his old man played for (incentive?).

Garner and Dodoo to give us pace and aggression up front.

No swearing please. Constructive criticism only.

Wilson in Cm is stupid.

Guest Lloyd72

Wes

Hodson     Kiernan     Hill     Wallace       

Crooks

Forrester               Mckay       

MoH                                        

Garner   Dodoo

Tav needs dropped he has been poor going forward all season and that is literally his only up side as he can't defend so give Hodson his chance.

Halliday has been poor for over a month now and needs dropped, crooks was shit yesterday but he has hardly played all season so I'd give him a chance he can't be worse can he?

Forrester gets more involved in midfield than on the wing and Holt isn't direct enough.

Mckay is better in midfield because he finds space easier, he gets into good positions and attempts to carry the ball forward similar to Windass.

Garner was decent when he came on so I'd start him, Dodoo got one chance against hearts and took it but it got chalked off not his fault so start him up front too, MoH is the only decent winger we have so might as well chuck him in too.

3-1 to Rangers

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Wes

Hodson     Kiernan     Hill     Wallace       

Crooks

Forrester               Mckay       

MoH                                        

Garner   Dodoo

Tav needs dropped he has been poor going forward all season and that is literally his only up side as he can't defend so give Hodson his chance.

Halliday has been poor for over a month now and needs dropped, crooks was shit yesterday but he has hardly played all season so I'd give him a chance he can't be worse can he?

Forrester gets more involved in midfield than on the wing and Holt isn't direct enough.

Mckay is better in midfield because he finds space easier, he gets into good positions and attempts to carry the ball forward similar to Windass.

Garner was decent when he came on so I'd start him, Dodoo got one chance against hearts and took it but it got chalked off not his fault so start him up front too, MoH is the only decent winger we have so might as well chuck him in too.

3-1 to Rangers

Can't afford an unfit Crooks in there.

He offered nothing last night nor actually this season.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can't afford an unfit Crooks in there.

He offered nothing last night nor actually this season.

I know but I don't think we can afford Halliday in the team at all mate, he's afraid to tackle anyone.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I know but I don't think we can afford Halliday in the team at all mate, he's afraid to tackle anyone.

Would take Halliday over Crooks v the sheep any day.

Though it is like taking a slap on the face rather than a boot in the balls...

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Would take Halliday over Crooks v the sheep any day.

Though it is like taking a slap on the face rather than a boot in the balls...

In crooks defence he has been out for a while and will only get match fitness back by playing games, Halliday has been fit all season as far as we know and still hasn't performed. I don't think it matters who we play now though it's the system that's fucked.

This will be our second game against them, do we think Warburton has learned anything, their weaknesses, strengths, do we think he will have a game plan that can take advantage of their weaknesses or will he just put a team out and say play like we did in training.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wilson in Cm is stupid.

Good argument.

Thats your opinion to which you are entitled. However I am also entitled to an opinion.

We are very weak in the middle and it is time to try something different. Maybe, just maybe, Wilson could do a job in there.

I'm sure you have points to back up your "stupid"comment.

3 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

Good argument.

Thats your opinion to which you are entitled. However I am also entitled to an opinion.

We are very weak in the middle and it is time to try something different. Maybe, just maybe, Wilson could do a job in there.

I'm sure you have points to back up your "stupid"comment.

Aye, he's our best CB along with Hill.

34 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Is it a full moon? Have I honestly just read suggestions to play Hodson and Wilson in central midfield?

Who am I? What year is it? Who's the President?

Hey my sincere apologies - silly me thought it was an open forum where we can put forward our views.

Didnt realise I had to touch my forelock and bow to YOUR thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Hodson and Wilson in midfield. Are. You. Mad.

You need to brush up on your reading.

None of my posts suggested Hodson AND Wilson in midfield.

My original post said Wilson as an option.

PS Yes I am mad - at your schoolboy comments.

As a matter of interest, who would you, oh Oracle, play as DM?

1 minute ago, Jasper Blues said:

You need to brush up on your reading.

None of my posts suggested Hodson AND Wilson in midfield.

My original post said Wilson as an option.

PS Yes I am mad - at your schoolboy comments.

As a matter of interest, who would you, oh Oracle, play as DM?

It is mad to want to play Danny Wilson, a central defender, in central midfield, in an attacking system. He has no experience that far forward and doesn't have the attributes to play there. It's mind boggling that that has to be pointed out.

If he was fit, Rossiter. He isn't fit. So we're stuck with Halliday.