*** The Official Rangers V Aberdeen Match Thread ***

BridgeIsBlue

7 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

It's not easy to see how we'd win this game - especially on the back of the dismal showing against Hearts and the comments from Warburton - for the umpteenth time this season - of his being frustrated at not playing at the level he wanted the team to play to.   The thing is as manager its his job to sort out the problems, identify opportunities, coach the team to play in match winning ways, inspire them and provide effective leadership to the team so that it fucking well delivers.  Warburton has shown time and again that its not in his bag to do this.   So its hard to see what changes for Saturday.

We are being led on the road to less than mediocrity this season.   Records are there to be broken and it feels like Saturday might just be the day where Warburton has to face the Support and then the Press to explain why it happened on his watch having fielded a mediocre under-performing Rangers side.   Unfortunately he gives nothing to suggest that he is able to motivate the team to win (or avoid defeat) on Saturday.  Nothing.   His call for patience is becoming more and more like the call of a manager who is struggling to make it happen and the only thing he can think of is more time to keep trying in the hope that his luck changes.  

If the game does not go well on Saturday it risks becoming a very uncomfortable stadium for Warburton, Weir and the players if the crowd runs out of patience and noisily conveys its collective opinion accordingly.   

I'm so empty of confidence in Warburton that I'm left with hope that the Gods of football will intervene and somehow create a Rangers win (or at least avoid losing). 

I don't think anyone will disagree with any of that. Pretty sad.

Troops I don't know about youse but I am nervous as fuck about Saturday. I only expected a draw last night and it was worse than I expected.

can see it been a tense atmosphere. This record we have against the sheep at ibrox has to stay. 

I've stuck by warburton but if he loses on Saturday I think it might be time to go. Really want to see warburton do well though.

1 hour ago, pollok-bear said:

Troops I don't know about youse but I am nervous as fuck about Saturday. I only expected a draw last night and it was worse than I expected.

can see it been a tense atmosphere. This record we have against the sheep at ibrox has to stay. 

I've stuck by warburton but if he loses on Saturday I think it might be time to go. Really want to see warburton do well though.

I've always been really nervous about games against the sheep, but this is the first time I'm actually afeard.

24 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

One positive ahead of this game is that the performance can't possibly be as bad as it was on Wednesday night...

I really hope so. The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I know there is a whole thread on this but the players do looks as if they have chucked it.

Looks like Windass is out again so

Foderingham

Hodson

Wilson

Hill

Wallace

Tavernier

Halliday

Holt

Mackay

Garner

Waghorn

Mackay has been poor but he can provide something different and Tavernier can't defend but can be a threat going forward.

Early balls into the box and Garner will throw himself at anything hopefully creating chances for Waghorn. Halliday and Holt arriving later into the box and picking up clearences and Hill tidying up absolutely everything at the back.

Easy.

Cant get any worse surely so I hope this lot have had a good fucking boot up the arse since Wed and actually give us something to get excited about.

A win is a must if MW hopes to regain any semblance of support for what he is doing. If the sheep beat us and he stays we will be essentially asked to back someone who refuses to change  and who cant win big games because of that refusal to change. Thats untenable.

Additionally, a win for aberdeen drops us to 4th and out the euro spots - we would be 1 point behind Aberdeen who would have 2 games in hand. it would be nothing short of a disaster. 

Hearts are away to Ross county which is not an easy fixture for them.

So, in the face of all evidence I am going to be positive and say we will scrape a win and Hearts will draw, thereby placing us back into 2nd place, 2 points clear of Hearts and 5 clear of Aberdeen (though they still have 2 games in hand)

Its time for a system change and if Warburton can't see that then he's either incompetent or deluded or a bit of both.

Its time to stop using guys like Miller, Waghorn and Dodoo as wingers and play them in their natural position of striker.  We can still dominate the ball and keep possession but use a different method of doing it.

Garner Impressed me when he came on against Hearts and I think there could be more to come from him but he needs support in the middle and the obvious choice would be between Miller or Waghorn as I don't rate Dodoo, despite his recent goals.  The Aberdeen defence is very physical and Dodo just hasn't got the strength or presence for a game of this magnitude.  Garner needs service and he thrives on balls into the box, McKay and Tavernier despite their lack of form have the best delivery of the wide players, lets get them hugging the touchline and firing balls into the box.

Team: 4-4-2

Foderingham

Hodson  Hill  Wilson  Wallace

Tavernier  Halliday Holt  McKay

Waghorn Garner

Team 4-4-2

.                                   Foderingham

Hodson.    Hill.      Wilson.        Halliday

Tavernier.    Kieran.    Forrester.  McKay

.             Garner.  Dodoo

probably still get fucked but there ye go

Was going to attempt a team but I've no desire to ... Holt, Halliday, Crooks, Kiernan, Wilson .. meh .. 

I'd be tempted to do something a bit drastic and maybe promote wee Burt and the defender Mccrorie from the unders - they might sink like Crooks did the other night but I don't think the tried and tested in our squad can be trusted, either.  

For me I'd go 4-4-1 - 1 with Gilks (not going to happen), Hodgson, Kiernan, Hill (If fit), Wallace, Tav, Crooks, Halliday, O'Halloran, Forrester behind Garner. Would be interesting to give Forrester a free role behind the striker to get beyond and pick small pockets of space. Seen the unwashed play fat commons in that role and it worked well.

15 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Strangely enough, I'm dreading Aberdeen, hearts and St Johnstone but I'm very confident about the Celtic match!

they'll be crawling into Ibrox on their knees after 8 games between now and us!  We only have 6 games between then and now!

Even on their knees they'd probably give us a game ?

Assuming it's 433 and not a sensible 442:

Wes

Hodson Kiernan Hill Wallace

Tav Halliday Holt 

Forrester Garner Dodoo.

Seriously contemplated dropping Tav but if it's between him and Crooks it's got to be the pish fit one rather than the pish unfit one.

Imo as strong as midfield as we have available, though still weak.

Crooks and Miller dropped for offering zero recently. Kiernan generally solid with Hill beside him.

In reality though I think he'll play crooks and Miller.