*** The Official Rangers vs Hearts Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Now this will be an entirely different game to Wednesday.

Hearts need brought down a peg or 2. They were talking about being light years ahead of us and calling themselves "The Famous" :lol:

Absolute garbage club with severe wee man syndrome. We're gonna fuck them at our place and leave them trailing forever in our shadow just like they are used to.

Rangers 2 Edinburgh Diddies 0 :beer1:

Perfect that this match is coming so close after the debacle @ Tynecastle.  After out great showing vs the sheep.. it will help turn this season around if we show the same fight and desire here.  Anything less will be a step back.  We need to kick on now...  Great opportunity here (tu)

4 hours ago, Misteral said:

I stand corrected but only if the offence is simulation like being booked for diving when you didn't. Not the case with,Hill so we will have to do without him.

I think it could be argued as being simulation since the aberdeen player ran into him 

Long shot but could be possible 

It's interesting to hear MW talk about the game post match. He says he knew Aberdeen would press just like Hearts done and he knew the out ball was Garner. 

He talks about mixing it up and acknowledges we didn't have as much of the ball. All pretty obvious it seems but he does clearly seem capable of changing it up. He knew Aberdeen would do the same as Hearts and he knew once they started to second guess themselves because we were using a couple of long balls and passes from the back, that they would go deeper and that's exactly how we scored our second because they were so deep, not pressing our defence so Hodson could go on forward. Hodson isn't even in the picture when Mckay plays the ball to Waghorn so it shows how deep Aberdeen came because our defence didn't have the pressure it was used it. 

It's good to see him changing it up and acknowledging it, especially since we had 51% of the ball and still won. It'll be more of the same from Hearts next week so if we employ that steeliness and grit we will win. Then suddenly we have 9 points from the first 4 of our tough 8 game run in. 

Same sort of tactics all season for me.. I'll quite happily settle for this change if it guarantees points on the board. If having less of the ball control means still having more possession than the opposition and seeing more attacking play and closing down then I'll gladly take it.   

Home win 3-0

Fight like yesterday and maybe chuck Waggy in for MoH (anyone else think Waggy looked a bit leaner/fitter?)

Think Hodson should start again.

Gutted about losing Clint Hill though - I've been liking the pairing of him and Kiernan. Just never works the same when it's Wilson and Kiernan sadly!

Really hoping we pull the 3 points from this one!

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Fight like yesterday and maybe chuck Waggy in for MoH (anyone else think Waggy looked a bit leaner/fitter?)

Gutted about losing Clint Hill though - I've been liking the pairing of him and Kiernan. Just never works the same when it's Wilson and Kiernan sadly!

I thought the same mate, also looked quicker than in other games this season hopefully this is a return to form like he had last season so he can prove me wrong!

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I genuinely think I was the only person who wasn't impressed with him, goal aside of course, so many balls came in from his side of the pitch it was unreal.

I'd have Tav back in, Waghorn for O'Halloran and Wilson for the suspended Hill...I would be tempted to replace McKay with Forrester too but there were glimpses of talent in there on Saturday...although get him off corner duty!

12 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Foderingham

Hodson Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Forrester Halliday Holt

McKay

Garner Miller

Like this, but: McKay on the bench, Forrester up behind the strikers, Tav RM and we are there. If we can't appeal Hill's Red then TBH I would consider Senderos as an enforcer in place of Wilson. We need a hard man at the back on Saturday. Waggy for Miller at 60 mins and a first appearance for Jordan Rossiter at 60 mins in place of Andy H...

Guest Lloyd72
30 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Like this, but: McKay on the bench, Forrester up behind the strikers, Tav RM and we are there. If we can't appeal Hill's Red then TBH I would consider Senderos as an enforcer in place of Wilson. We need a hard man at the back on Saturday. Waggy for Miller at 60 mins and a first appearance for Jordan Rossiter at 60 mins in place of Andy H...

No way we can drop McKay after last match, he was involved in both goals and deserves to start against hearts imo

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Only changes a would make would be Wilson for Hill and anybody for O'Halloran, was awful yesterday, only chances he created were for the sheep.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him put their striker through one on one with Wes, at the time I honestly thought he was sabotaging all the good work the team had done it was that bad. When Waghorn came on he was good so I'd like to see him get given another chance.

21 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him put their striker through one on one with Wes, at the time I honestly thought he was sabotaging all the good work the team had done it was that bad. When Waghorn came on he was good so I'd like to see him get given another chance.

Lost the ball on the edge of our box in the second half as well, literally all I can remember him doing.

4 hours ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

I genuinely think I was the only person who wasn't impressed with him, goal aside of course, so many balls came in from his side of the pitch it was unreal.

I'd have Tav back in, Waghorn for O'Halloran and Wilson for the suspended Hill...I would be tempted to replace McKay with Forrester too but there were glimpses of talent in there on Saturday...although get him off corner duty!

Fair enough (tu)

Just now, giffnockger said:

Only Monday but another 2-0/2-1 hopefully. Saturday can't come quick enough!

At this point a string of victories is all I want. 1-0 or 10-0 it don't matter, just long as we win and start to secure second place. We'll need to beat hearts the biggest reason being because Aberdeen still have 2 games in hand that means they can still go a point ahead of us after those two games.

Get hearts out the way with a win then Accies, ICT and ST J should sort themselves. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

At this point a string of victories is all I want. 1-0 or 10-0 it don't matter, just long as we win and start to secure second place. We'll need to beat hearts the biggest reason being because Aberdeen still have 2 games in hand that means they can still go a point ahead of us after those two games.

Get hearts out the way with a win then Accies, ICT and ST J should sort themselves. 

Yeh well put!