*** The Official Rangers vs Hearts Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

On 04/12/2016 at 10:45 PM, JRodgA2k8 said:

I genuinely think I was the only person who wasn't impressed with him, goal aside of course, so many balls came in from his side of the pitch it was unreal.

He was booked in the 20th minute and went onto have a solid game as well as scoring. If your the only person not impressed that not tell you something

49 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

He was booked in the 20th minute and went onto have a solid game as well as scoring. If your the only person not impressed that not tell you something

He scored yes...which I mentioned but I believe there a few tinted views on him based on the fact he's from Northern Ireland. 

24 minutes ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

He scored yes...which I mentioned but I believe there a few tinted views on him based on the fact he's from Northern Ireland. 

Did you see the 2 Hearts goals last week? I think you'll find Tav not being able to defend is the reason most people still have Hodson in their team. Not to mention the fact he had a decent game on Saturday along with everyone else and managed to get on the score sheet.

Also he's English.

53 minutes ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

More so because he's a consistent international pick, has played against teams like Germany. His performances so far have been brilliant.

If it was based on where his nationality then Kiernan by all rights should be kneecapped. but people actually prefer him over senderos and at times wilson. 

26 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Also he's English.

Identifies as being northern Irish, exact same case with Kiernan. English born but identifies as being from the republic of ireland. 

28 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

More so because he's a consistent international pick, has played against teams like Germany. His performances so far have been brilliant.

If it was based on where his nationality then Kiernan by all rights should be kneecapped. but people actually prefer him over senderos and at times wilson. 

Identifies as being northern Irish, exact same case with Kiernan. English born but identifies as being from the republic of ireland. 

They want international caps but know they'd never play for England. 

37 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Did you see the 2 Hearts goals last week? I think you'll find Tav not being able to defend is the reason most people still have Hodson in their team. Not to mention the fact he had a decent game on Saturday along with everyone else and managed to get on the score sheet.

Also he's English.

Fair enough but he plays for Northern Ireland which matters to a section of the support.

The two crosses also came from Wallaces side of the pitch, it's a combination of things.

We may not have conceded from a cross from Hodsons side but the amount of balls that went past him was ridiculous, including the cross from the right of defence in which Aberdeen SHOULD have scored from, thankfully they didn't.

Ive just not been that impressed from what I've seen from him so far apart from taking his goal well on Saturday.  He'll get my support if he plays but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up back on the bench soon enough.

Just now, Lidl said:

They want international caps but know they'd never play for England. 

Oh I know. And you really can't argue with them on that. Just look at us alone in our whole history, 7 Englishmen have been called up to play for England. 

Terry Butcher, Gazza, Mark Hateley, Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens, Mark Walters and Chris woods. 

The last time someone was called up from our squad was in 1998. 18 years ago. 

43 minutes ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

Fair enough but he plays for Northern Ireland which matters to a section of the support.

The two crosses also came from Wallaces side of the pitch, it's a combination of things.

We may not have conceded from a cross from Hodsons side but the amount of balls that went past him was ridiculous, including the cross from the right of defence in which Aberdeen SHOULD have scored from, thankfully they didn't.

Ive just not been that impressed from what I've seen from him so far apart from taking his goal well on Saturday.  He'll get my support if he plays but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up back on the bench soon enough.

He was excellent against the scum, terrible against St Johnstone and did reasonably well on Saturday. IMO he deserves to keep his place for this weekend.

43 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Oh I know. And you really can't argue with them on that. Just look at us alone in our whole history, 7 Englishmen have been called up to play for England. 

Terry Butcher, Gazza, Mark Hateley, Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens, Mark Walters and Chris woods. 

Garner will kick on from now and make the next England squad in March :wink:

Hodson gave much more going forward than Tav has all season. And Tav gave away the goal in the Partick game and then both Hearts goals, he was rightly dropped and Hodson done more than enough to keep his spot next week. It's always a good option having Tav coming off the bench as he's quick and his pace can be used against their tiring defenders 

Also thought Waghorn played very well when he came on against Aberdeen 

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Fuck Kiernan:)

I definitely think MW will go with this providing there are no training ground injuries

Wes

Hodson--Kiernan--Wilson--Wallace 

O'Halloran--Holt--Halliday--McKay

Miller--Garner

That will be the starting 11, how they set up im not sure? It looked like a 4-4-1-1 on Saturday so I'd go with that again with Miller in behind 

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

I could be wrong but wasn't Michael Ball called up around 2002?

EDIT:  Just Googled it, he was capped only once, just a few months before he joined us.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck Kiernan:)

I respect Kiernan for coming back into the team after the tragedy of the Old Firm and playing very solidly, he's like a new player completely and he fucking loves the fans, I like seeing how fired up he gets, honestly next time we score just watch his celebrations :lol: 

I feel comfortable when Kiernan and Hill start together 

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I respect Kiernan for coming back into the team after the tragedy of the Old Firm and playing very solidly, he's like a new player completely and he fucking loves the fans, I like seeing how fired up he gets, honestly next time we score just watch his celebrations :lol: 

I feel comfortable when Kiernan and Hill start together 

Fair enough.