*** The Official Rangers vs Hearts Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

We dominated Hearts, the players worked really hard for each other and at times the football was excellent. I'm surprised it was only 2-0 but look forward to Waghorn getting his shooting boots on. He created a lot of chances for himself and was maybe a bit selfish once or twice but he gives us an extra dimension in this league overall.

1 hour ago, Imodium said:

Pressing today was excellent, Hearts wanted rid of the ball as soon as they got it. We battled today and was a breath of fresh air to watch 

It was very similar to last week in that respect, especially the second half last week- first to every ball especially.

Excellent performance for the second Saturday in a row.  Great atmosphere again today.  Bit of extra sharpness in our finishing and we'll really punish some teams. The ones that try to come out and play at Ibrox are liable to get hit hard - Hogmanay could be interesting.  

Well we all wanted a follow up to the Aberdeen performance and we certainly got one.

Like last week I can't fault any player today. Great to see Barrie McKay getting back to his best. He was absolutely unplayable today. Kiernan again very composed and delighted to see him getting himself a goal at last. Tav filled in in midfield very competently and Holt beside him was superb. Garner again very effective. Was there any Hearts player be didn't clatter? :lol: 

Feels good to enjoy watching us play again. Roll on next Friday.

6 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Delighted for MW, thought he got his game plan spot on. Thought Garner's apatite for the fight was excellent, just needs to add a few goals, and for a guy that's only 5'7 he certainly knows how to dish it out, both the Hearts centre backs certainly new they were in a game. Hopefully he can do the same to Bronaldo at the end of the month!

Thought Kiernan had an excellent game, still seems reluctant to make a tackle when tracking back. Wilson had his best game in a long time, thought his the range and accuracy of passing kept Hearts from pressing high up the pitch, and there two fullbacks always looked vulnerable to his crossfield ball to McKay, Miller and later in the game Waghorn. 

Hopefully this puts and end to the endless passing along the backline which just invites the opposition to sit in on top of our defence. I'm not against building from the back, but when you have Wilson's ability to make a pass and McKay, Miller, and Waghorn's ability to run in behind a defence its surely a better option than constantly running along the oppositions 18 yard line looking for the killer pass!!

Although were still a work in progress I think MW has found a style of play that will, with time prove to be successful, and hopefully he can now go on and become the successful Rangers manager our support always wanted him to become! 

Can't disagree with any of that, my only real criticism of the game was that we should have beat them by 4 or 5 nil.