Fight, desire, passion.

Siam69

In abundance today.

So many great performances.

This was my main gripe, no fight, desire or passion. Had the Manager lost the dressing room, why was there no fight, why were we getting bullied like fuck all over the pitch?

Getting beat was one thing, but when there was no fight, it was so fucking hard to take, and I went into each new game with renewed hope, but knew after the first 15 minutes that it was the same pish.

Warbs got pelters for it, so he has to get kudos for getting it back.

A joy to watch the last couple of games, especially today, I was up and down of the sofa, competing for each ball as well :D

That's all i ask, try your best with fight, desire and passion.

Great to see wee Barry put in such a performace. Garner, well, what can you say, Holt, Wilson, Wallace etc ...

My only negative is Waggy not getting a goal. On a different day, with more confidence in him, he'd have got a hat trick today, and totally buried those cunts.

Happy Bear here :dioufcheer:

14 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Wonder how we would have done at Tynecastle if Garner had started...

Doodo needs to play alongside Garner as a second striker were as Garner can lead the line himself, Garner for a little guy can beat the best of them in the air, his timing is always spot on and he gets up early and seems to stay up that fraction longer but he needs support like today as with one up front expecially away the one up front can get isolated.  

18 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I don't think we've lacked that. For some reason we just seem very have found confidence from somewhere. And we were excellent.

I don't think it's as simple as just finding confidence. The amount of pointless passing sideways and backwards is no lack of confidence. Too much confidence is more like it and thinking they were head and shoulders above who we were up against. I think it's been more a wake up call for not just the players, but MW too. Hard work and fighting spirit is what wins games, not fancy passing and looking pretty. Get the basics right and the performances will follow.

last week and this week it wasnt just about fight and desire. for me it was also that no one bottled out of 50/50 challenges. last week McKay in particular was sliding in and challenging (not always winning ball but not backing out). 2 games in a row and no one has bottled it.

this is what is needed to compete in the hammer throwing top league... give as good as we get

50 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

In abundance today.

So many great performances.

This was my main gripe, no fight, desire or passion. Had the Manager lost the dressing room, why was there no fight, why were we getting bullied like fuck all over the pitch?

Getting beat was one thing, but when there was no fight, it was so fucking hard to take, and I went into each new game with renewed hope, but knew after the first 15 minutes that it was the same pish.

Warbs got pelters for it, so he has to get kudos for getting it back.

A joy to watch the last couple of games, especially today, I was up and down of the sofa, competing for each ball as well :D

That's all i ask, try your best with fight, desire and passion.

Great to see wee Barry put in such a performace. Garner, well, what can you say, Holt, Wilson, Wallace etc ...

My only negative is Waggy not getting a goal. On a different day, with more confidence in him, he'd have got a hat trick today, and totally buried those cunts.

Happy Bear here :dioufcheer:

Well said .

Let's hope the deserved criticism of the lack of fight and effort shown at Tynecastle has been heeded . Can't complain with the attitude and commitment shown in the last couple of games since . I also thought not only the correct attitude , but particularly today , we played with a lot of skill and guile and was a joy to watch . 

Great prformance all round . 

1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

I don't think we've lacked that. For some reason we just seem very have found confidence from somewhere. And we were excellent.

You kidding? We've been bullied off the ball all season. 

The last two games have been 100% increase in desire, grit and passion. 

1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

You think?

Last time I seen any sort of fight and desire even resembling what we've shown in the last 2 games, was at Pittodre when we were robbed by one of the worst refereeing displays I've ever seen.

Anything between those two Sheep games, was sadly lacking in that area for me.

Seemed to me we were back to what we used to be so good at; a pressing game. Hearts were on the back foot a lot of the time and we played some nice stuff at times. Going for the jugular is always preferable to the sideyways and backward passy games we have seen. Hopefully a corner turned. :541:

3 hours ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I don't think it's as simple as just finding confidence. The amount of pointless passing sideways and backwards is no lack of confidence. Too much confidence is more like it and thinking they were head and shoulders above who we were up against. I think it's been more a wake up call for not just the players, but MW too. Hard work and fighting spirit is what wins games, not fancy passing and looking pretty. Get the basics right and the performances will follow.

That sums up the difference pretty well. (tu)