*** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Our away form must improve if Warburton wants to be here next season. 

This. Our away form this season has been absolute shite, warburton doesn't seem to know what formation to play(dodoo up front on his own against hearts) we are a completely different team away from home.we are due a decent performance,but I'm worried about that disgrace of a pitch,it's hard to play good football ,when the ball bounces 10 feet in the air.

Guest Lloyd72

I haven't seen the hearts game yet tbh, but I'd like us to go with: 

Wes

Hodson     Kiernan       Hill      Wallace     

Halliday

Tav                 Holt          

Mckay                                          

Garner    Waghorn

3-1 to Rangers hopefully this run of aggressive attacking play continues

4 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

Same team as yesterday maybe 1/2 swaps 

Wes

Hodson    Hill    Kiernan     Wallace  

Tav               Halliday          Holt

Waghorn          Garner         McKay

This is the next  team for me too with the following  subs when and if needed: Dodoo for Garner;MOH for Waghorn;Forrester for Mckay.

Windass can be a replacement for Holt; Rossiter for Halliday and Crooks for Tav, when they are fit and ready.

15 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I do like the effort that has went into the OPs first post. 

Thanks, I try my best :pipe: 

14 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Hope u gave him a like, he craves them :cool:

:wink: Just waiting for a certain someone to come and bitch at me as per usual 

Think Tav was much more productive in midfield and our defence looked more solid. Agree that this would be an ideal chance to give Kenny a wee rest but would have him on the bench in case we need a goal. It certainly looked as if the team is beginning to gel and it was great to see Barrie returning to form. Feeling a lot more confident about Hogmanay now.

15 hours ago, cushynumber said:

i think this is the perfect game to start Waghorn - and maybe even Dodoo - to give Miller and Garner a wee rest.

I agree with giving Miller a rest but garner needs to start, he's gaining momentum now and I reckon he may get a goal or two in this game and he'll have the confidence to start scoring more regularly.

I feel waggy is in the same position and provided he shows the same level of effort as Miller he should perhaps start.

20 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Looked into it, Accies has Tigerturf and Killie has FieldTurf.

Both synthetic, former has fibres and recycled rubber whereas the latter has Sand and cryogenic rubber

So essentially, one is a shite plastic pitch and the other is a plastic pitch that is shite?

20 hours ago, kdybear55 said:

Break off work til next year on this day and heading through to the game! Hopefully hill in for Wilson and the rest of the teams the same I know tav didn't play very well but it gives us another option in midfield! Millers got a knack of scoring just using his experience 

Tav put the ball in for Kiernan's goal.  Thought he was good and he links up brlilliantly with Waghorn when he's on.

19 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Tav put the ball in for Kiernan's goal.  Thought he was good and he links up brlilliantly with Waghorn when he's on.

I know he put the ball in but other than that there wasn't much else he done! 

Bring them on together towards the end of the game if that's the case but other than that I wouldn't play them 

as per above, I think we have to start changing things looking ahead to the unmentionables. Main thing is I think we have to look at what Motherwell did to them - sending in long balls to a target man - and mix it up a bit, maybe try that as part of our tactics this game and next week

Wes

Tav Kiernan Hill Wallace 

Holt Halliday Forrester 

Waggy garner McKay 

feel for Hodson missing out, but Tav's been one of our best signings and is a better player as far as I'm concerned - hopefully he's got the kick up the arse he needs and hits the heights he's capable of. 

Thats our best team imo 

5 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Wes

Tav Kiernan Hill Wallace 

Holt Halliday Forrester 

Waggy garner McKay 

feel for Hodson missing out, but Tav's been one of our best signings and is a better player as far as I'm concerned - hopefully he's got the kick up the arse he needs and hits the heights he's capable of. 

Thats our best team imo 

Hodson in for tav at right back everyday of the week for me! The defence hasn't looked out of place since hodson has came in and i don't think it's any coincidence tav isn't a great defender and to be honest he's been found out a lot in this league probably got away with it last year cause we played against lesser teams