*** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, kdybear55 said:

Hodson in for tav at right back everyday of the week for me! The defence hasn't looked out of place since hodson has came in and i don't think it's any coincidence tav isn't a great defender and to be honest he's been found out a lot in this league probably got away with it last year cause we played against lesser teams

Big Hodson's done well (tu) no doubt about it. But I think the reason our defence has looked better is because we're pressing higher and making it difficult for teams to get at us. The midfield and front 3 have been much busier and flying into challenges 

Hodson has been great through - I just think Tav merits his place back, the big man gets forward a lot and does leave us exposed but our sitting midfielders need to be smarter and/or Lee Wallace has to tuck in 

we'll see - I've a feeling warburton will stick with Hodson anyway (tu) 

1 hour ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Big Hodson's done well (tu) no doubt about it. But I think the reason our defence has looked better is because we're pressing higher and making it difficult for teams to get at us. The midfield and front 3 have been much busier and flying into challenges 

Hodson has been great through - I just think Tav merits his place back, the big man gets forward a lot and does leave us exposed but our sitting midfielders need to be smarter and/or Lee Wallace has to tuck in 

It's a good problem for us to have hopefully it continues 

Same team as Saturday. Need a bit of consistency in the starting 11 rather than changing it every week. Hill has been good recently but thought Wilson and Kiernan were superb against Hearts. At times I think MW changes it just to keep everyone happy. 

8 hours ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

If Tav plays it should be nowhere near RB. He can't defend and that is the priority right now.

I'll be happy with 3 points, but I would really like us to have a game where it all falls into place and we convert most of the chances we create and get a good 5 or 6 nil win. This would both give us massive confidence but would also bring the fear factor back for other teams playing us.

I thought the Killie game at Ibrox was going to be that game but we lost our way a little in the second half.

Have to keep the results coming and create a gap between ourselves and the sheep.

Should have battered this lot in the opening game but hey ho I'm sure we will put them to the sword here.

Starting 11........wes---Hodson-Rob-Wilson-Cap                                                    Tav-Holt-Halliday                                         Waggy-Garner-Mckay

Can see Miller being rested here, had a great game against the Jambos so i would keep him fresh. Waggy will be brought in I'm sure and its unfortunate for Dodoo that Garner is playing exceptionally well atm because he aint going to get his chance with Garners tenacity and work ethic and he would be wasted on the right or left.

3-0 Rangers, may even see 1 or 2 more given the confidence in the team, thought we were absolutely superb against Hearts.

1 hour ago, writingranger said:

would have like to see waggy on but I doubt warbs will risk anyone who's been injured on the fake pitch.

Someone said it was Waggy's choice of studs that was the problem - I think he chose blades. All he has to do is change them for this pitch.

5 hours ago, Brubear said:

I'll be happy with 3 points, but I would really like us to have a game where it all falls into place and we convert most of the chances we create and get a good 5 or 6 nil win. This would both give us massive confidence but would also bring the fear factor back for other teams playing us.

Maybe the lads will get that big result you're after on Hogmanay? Saving themselves for it?