*** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

8 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Good to get another victory, having tav in midfield will cost us I reckon against better teams.  

Wes - nowt to do 7

Hodson - solid 7

wilson - came and composed 7

Kiernan - solid 8

Wallace - solid 8

Haliday - shite 5

holt - started brilliant, ran outta gas 7/8

Tav - shite 4

McKay - different gravy 9

Waggy - different gravy 8

Garner - battled and done well 8

Wilson and Kiernan were rotten.

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

Great result gives us 3 in a row wins that is most welcome. Good time to be on a roll although we need to improve in several areas.

Against Hearts the only times our good moves broke down was because of Tav's woeful touch or passing. He is never a midfielder and a poor fullback.

Lack of composure in front of goal also needs to be addressed. Basic stuff. It's costing us loads of goals.

That is just about how I seen it too .

Tav is just not good enough . He may be Managers favourite but he constantly shows poor decision making

And composure . He doesn't have any

To be fair to him Halliday always shows for it in deep midfield positions where he's got at least one marker, usually two, hunting him down. He's bound to get caught out at times. Dont think he's quite up to it though and hoping Rossiter will be the answer longer term. We played well for 75 minutes though, good result in the end.

1 minute ago, Chineseboy said:

Garner needs to start scoring, he is a hard worker and is really growing on me, but we need some goals from him too. Anyway, it was a good performance on a shit pitch. 

he doesnt even look like scoring - he doesnt get into good positions or look to run channels. Its almost like playing with a small centre half up front.

Should never have been a sweat. We need a leader, a take no shite drive the team forward, get it to dig deep when need be.

McKay and Wallace are just magic when they click like that.

Tav's final ball, shots were fucking woeful tonight, we should've won 4 or 5.

Waggy when he's confident like that, is all over the place, in a good way. He'll get better again as well, could've scored more.

Halliday, yes it was a mistake, but anyone of them could've done the same. Though we need someone more of a leader in that position as I've said.

We're getting better, and doing it well, the Manager has to get credit for that, and his team selection. Plus we have 3 games in a week, so Miller being rested was a good decision, never mind who he brought in.

Happy enough, but a leader is a must in Jan transfer window for times like what happened tonight.

Though as I say should never have been a sweat.

Would have taken the 3 points before the game but can't help but feel this was a chance missed to put down a real marker with a big win.

Can't ignore the fact though that top level football should not be played on a pitch like that so a win with no injuries is a bonus.

Next couple of games we'll see ICT and St Johnstone have a similar lack of ambition as Hamilton but another couple of wins and hopefully a few more goals and all bets are off for the Tims. Which I don't think was the case only a couple weeks ago.