*** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Great to see Waghorn back scoring goals and playing with a big smile on his face,played some good stuff tonight but that wee bit of slackness crept in and made us sweat a wee bit more than we should have but overall delighted with a third win in a row.

56 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

He gets pelters on here because he is not good enough.  The guy is a liability.  He will be anonymous against the tims.   

Anymore anonymous than anyone else.Wasnt him that got turned inside out by James fucking Forest repeatedly but ye he was anonymous.The 5-1 defeat was all down to AH 

58 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly can't remember any great game from him this season. 

Can you remember any Rangers player having a great game this season? because we are where we are due to the fact that very few if any have had a " great game " bur once again let's single out AH 

4 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Can you remember any Rangers player having a great game this season? because we are where we are due to the fact that very few if any have had a " great game " bur once again let's single out AH 

Aye, thought McKay was outstanding tonight Miller has been great in games Hill also Fod has kept us in games, Garner has been great at leading the line. Most of the team have at one game or another stepped up and played a great game, Haliday hasn't. 

The point is Haliday plays a pivotal role, its his job to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and lead us to a win, he simply can't do it at this level. He's a good honest pro but he's not good enough to play in a Rangers midfield trying to win 55. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye, thought McKay was outstanding tonight Miller has been great in games Hill also Fod has kept us in games, Garner has been great at leading the line. Most of the team have at one game or another stepped up and played a great game, Haliday hasn't. 

The point is Haliday plays a pivotal role, its his job to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and lead us to a win, he simply can't do it at this level. He's a good honest pro but he's not good enough to play in a Rangers midfield trying to win 55. 

So Miller has been great.Enough said.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He's done more than Haliday this season and that's a fact, so as you say enough said. 

So you think that a forward who has scored one more goal than according to you a midfielder who is not good enough has done more than AH ok. Did you think Waghorn played well tonight?

3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

So you think that a forward who has scored one more goal than according to you a midfielder who is not good enough has done more than AH ok. Did you think Waghorn played well tonight?

Yes he was much better than his last game, still a long way to go but he has improved. 

As for your assessment of Miller if you can't see what Kenny brings to the team as a leader then the debate isn't really going to get anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yes he was much better than his last game, still a long way to go but he has improved. 

As for your assessment of Miller if you can't see what Kenny brings to the team as a leader then the debate isn't really going to get anywhere. 

Well I can see what a forward who has scored one more goal than a midfielder you are saying is not good enough is doing for the team.If Waghorn has a long way to go then where does that put Miller then who has played twice as many minutes but managed one goal more.Take it he has a long way to go then as well.

3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Well I can see what a forward who has scored one more goal than a midfielder you are saying is not good enough is doing for the team.If Waghorn has a long way to go then where does that put Miller then who has played twice as many minutes but managed one goal more.Take it he has a long way to go then as well.

Why are moving onto Miller and away from Haliday ? I simply pointed out that across the team most have gave us a great game at one time this season. 

I will point out again that Kenny brings much more than just his goals to the team this season. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why are moving onto Miller and away from Haliday ? I simply pointed out that across the team most have gave us a great game at one time this season. 

I will point out again that Kenny brings much more than just his goals to the team this season. 

I'm moving away from AH as there was no reason to single out AH for one mistake in a game that we won. If we want to start this pish let's criticise every player not just Halliday.Was it Halliday who missed a good chance against Hearts? Was it Halliday whos defending at the Hearts goal that wasn't pretty poor,was it Halliday who missed a good one on one opportunity against Aberdeen. No it wasn't but I must have missed the threads about those fuck ups or do they not count.No one want to mention the elephants in the room as my mate says no let's just have a go at AH

2 hours ago, paisleyroad said:

Did Garner get booked?

i'm looking at updates on SKY app and it's saying 4 Hamilton players booked in last 8 minutes but not Garner

He kicked out when on the ground nothing in it really but always an easy booking for the Ref.

6 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

I'm moving away from AH as there was no reason to single out AH for one mistake in a game that we won. If we want to start this pish let's criticise every player not just Halliday.Was it Halliday who missed a good chance against Hearts? Was it Halliday whos defending at the Hearts goal that wasn't pretty poor,was it Halliday who missed a good one on one opportunity against Aberdeen. No it wasn't but I must have missed the threads about those fuck ups or do they not count.No one want to mention the elephants in the room as my mate says no let's just have a go at AH

Can we not keep the debate to one thread let's take it to the Haliday thread I'm gettng lost jumping back and forth. ?

43 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

This is a post i could like and dislike at the same time. Miller has been a giant for us this season to compare him to AH is simply stupid. AH gets a hard time, made a poor decision and was punished for it. Hes a decent pro, id hazard a guess that neither will be a member of the next Rangers team who pick up the title. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Those last 13 mins didn't need to happen it's amateurish pish. 

Agreed on the first part.

They shouldn't have happened.

Really what I meant is that as a fan I was pleasantly surprised in which we dealt with them. We didn't crumble like those games I've quoted. We still have problems but it speaks volumes to me the way we dealt with things in those last 13 minutes.

Not sure what you mean exactly on the amateurish pish. Do you mean Halliday losing the ball? It was a mistake but the ball clearly got caught on the surface and I thought he was hard done by as he had a very effective game tonight otherwise. If you mean the amateurish finishing then I totally agree. Tav could have had a hat trick and SHOULD have scored 2 easy chances. Waggy missed a few despite hitting a brace. Numerous other chances from other players also never hit the back of the net. If you mean not killing the game off then I'm with you.

My point still stands that while I don't want it and would obviously never plan for it, the team continued playing well in those last 13 after losing the goal. I quoted the QOTS and Falkirk game as examples of how we've moved on. We crumbled in those. Tonight we stood strong.

I always said Walter's teams were hard to beat. Sometimes we weren't great but always hard to beat. Warburton's style is obviously much different but tonight I seen a team learning and growing with the manager. Apart from the goal lost we were rock solid, :clap: to Kiernan and Wilson. I even seen Harry and someone else play a short containing corner near the end; something a younger Warburton said we wouldn't do.

Anyway drink is making me ramble on. My point is that while I really wish we pumped Accies 5-0 which would have been rightly deserved I have seen the positives in how the team dealt with a massive blow in losing a goal from a 2-0 lead. In the past we would have crawled in to our shell. Tonight we continued to press looking for a third which is the right thing to do 13 minutes from time.

Couldn't make the game as was working till 7,but I stay right across from morrions garage near the stadium ,the bears we're making some noise at half time as I was going in my flat ,two good goal and glad waghorn scored ,he looked delighted and so did every1 else for him after the game ,the header was unreal ,il tell u what ,not 1 centre back in this league will enjoy playing against garner ,not a second peace and the wee man is solid for the size of him ,let's fuck they pape bastards at newyear ,smashed but I don't give a fuck ,oh give me a home where there's no pope of Rome ......:pipe: