SFA Review ??

Bears r us

I wonder who will be doing this and I smell a kop out here somewhere. From BBC Scotland:

The Scottish Football Association is to set up an "independent review" of child abuse allegations in football.

Several former players have come forward to say they were abused by people in positions of authority.

The SFA said it wanted to reassure people that football was a "safe and enjoyable environment for children".

It said the review would focus on "processes and procedures" in place both currently and historically in Scottish football.

This is a breaking news story - more to follow.

Don't expect any punishments to come from the 'review' though, so much as learning points and making sure it can't happen again.

To be fair, that is the most important thing. But justice for victims is important too. Not to mention that one of the best ways to make sure it doesn't happen again is to deal properly with people and organisations that covered things up.

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I just wonder why it is being called a 'review' rather than an 'inquiry' and will it be an 'independent review' ?? :unsure:

EDIT: I see it does say 'independent review' when I read it again, but I still think this will be a toothless exercise.

I wondered about this too, is a review the same as an enquiry? Independant or not, I'd say a review will only look at it and give guidance. Cunts will dodge the bullet again.

26 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

What did the intrepid reporter say this time mate?

Is he investigating clubs who covered up abuse..........

No, no, that would be real journalism, and as we know, this guy is just a typical lazy amateur Scottish media type.  He has apparently 'found out' that 2,500 youth football coaches in Scotland have not had the required background checks carried out by Disclosure Scotland. No doubt someone leaked this info to him while he was sitting around trying to think how he can continue to avoid mentioning Celtic in any of his 'stories'. 

35 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I wondered about this too, is a review the same as an enquiry? Independant or not, I'd say a review will only look at it and give guidance. Cunts will dodge the bullet again.

Indeed.  I noticed the reporting on this story tonight was interesting, some said review and others said enquiry :unsure:

My guess is this was concocted by the two people at the top of the SFA committee who would be concerned about a full enquiry.

Just now, Bears r us said:

Indeed.  I noticed the reporting on this story tonight was interesting, some said review and others said enquiry :unsure:

My guess is this was concocted by the two people at the top of the SFA committee who would be concerned about a full enquiry.

Exactly mate, they don't want the dirty washing hung out.

The SFA and all clubs who have been implicated by recent (and historical) allegations should be investigated by a 3rd party.  Anything less, is unacceptable and will not be fit for purpose.

In addition, those found to have knowingly withheld information of abuse from the Police should be prosecuted.

I doubt this will happen, but I will reserve judgement until the appropriate time.

The Scotsman saying that the SFA are bowing to 'pressure' to conduct an independent review.   There should be no need to pressure them into investigating these allegations, in fact,  it should have been done four decades ago.  Swift action by the SFA in the 60's may have prevented other paedophiles at football clubs from molesting children.  

2 minutes ago, chepooka said:

This is a review into "processes" and "proceedures" not an inquiry.

Anyone who calls it an inquiry is being deliberately misleading.

Check this out as it comes up and you'll soon see its the usual suspects.

BBC reporting Scotland are using the "enquiry" word, while the SFA are using the "review" word, they are as you say two different things and any results will be in the distant future no doubt.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

BBC reporting Scotland are using the "enquiry" word, while the SFA are using the "review" word, they are as you say two different things and any results will be in the distant future no doubt.

BBC Reporting Scotland say the review resulting from reports of the referee and the coach at Thistle.  Notable omission in the report.  Can't think what that would be...

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Even they are not all singing from the same hymn sheet, Ms Bird said 'review' and then Weevel in his report said 'enquiry'. :)

It is the normal fuck up by the SFA.  doh

Let's hope they get investigated as it looks like they covered things up too along with Celtic and Hibs.

Neeley would have been nowhere near Ibrox or football if Hibs had done the decent thing and got the police.

Any club found guilty of covering it up should be relegated to the bottom tier and all first team squad sold and the money given shared between all the abuse victims.

If anyone thinks that is harsh then to be honest the club should be shut down regardless of size