3 year season tickets

Bad Robot

Would the option of a 3 year season ticket contract be a good idea but have it weighted towards the 1st and 2nd year to boost our transfer kitty or would there be negatives to trying this?

I don't mean it would be cheaper buying it over the 3 year it's just more of the cash would be made available at the start.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Would the option of a 3 year season ticket contract be a good idea but have it weighted towards the 1st and 2nd year to boost our transfer kitty or would there be negatives to trying this?

I don't mean it would be cheaper buying it over the 3 year it's just more of the cash would be made available at the start.

given that we need loans in the first year this time around, fuck selling 3 year ST's, spunking it on transfers then wondering why we are in the shit in year 2

the OP's plan sounds like something craig whyte would come up with, now if we had some wealthy owners and board members that would supply us with income to cover said shortfall, it might be different

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

given that we need loans in the first year this time around, fuck selling 3 year ST's, spunking it on transfers then wondering why we are in the shit in year 2

the OP's plan sounds like something craig whyte would come up with, now if we had some wealthy owners and board members that would supply us with income to cover said shortfall, it might be different

I can't see us challenging next year without some serious cash 

27 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I can't see us challenging next year without some serious cash 

I can't see us challenging until the filth fuck up, either by two years of failed Champion League entry or Rodgers leaves and they employ a numpty. They have a £20m head start on us before the £27m they've earned this year.

I don't see how we can bridge that gap in anything under 3 years - and we'd need to be very lucky with our recruitment in that period.

15 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I can't see us challenging until the filth fuck up, either by two years of failed Champion League entry or Rodgers leaves and they employ a numpty. They have a £20m head start on us before the £27m they've earned this year.

I don't see how we can bridge that gap in anything under 3 years - and we'd need to be very lucky with our recruitment in that period.

Just out of interest where do you get the figure that they have a 20 million head start. Where you get that figure from.

22 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

It's going to be a tough struggle for us and we do need to get lucky 

Although I have a certain amount of trust in the current board the events of the past few years has made me wary of any board having control over club finances. No way am I giving any board 3 years worth of my hard earned cash unless I have 100% faith in them spending it on the team and not frittering it away somewhere. The club needs to have a solid financial basis with large investment outwith season ticket money before I would think about it.

We're not there yet.

32 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

What if the roof fell on your heed in year 2 and killed you?

Would your next of kin get a refund?

They'd have your ST re flogged before you were buried. The cup final was the precedent that £££ decision outweighs the moral one at our fine club.

8 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Although I have a certain amount of trust in the current board the events of the past few years has made me wary of any board having control over club finances. No way am I giving any board 3 years worth of my hard earned cash unless I have 100% faith in them spending it on the team and not frittering it away somewhere. The club needs to have a solid financial basis with large investment outwith season ticket money before I would think about it.

We're not there yet.

It wouldn't  be all up front so say it's usually £500 a season. Year 1 £800, year 2 £400, year 3 £300. 

I like the idea of a 3 year ST.  The club benefits short term by front loading the money.  From a supporter perspective you can secure a seat, pay it off, and not have to worry about finances for 3 years which I would prefer.  Can't see anything like this happening but it would be good (tu)

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

Just out of interest where do you get the figure that they have a 20 million head start. Where you get that figure from.

According to transfer fees on Wikipedia they have spent around £25m on their squad while we have £5-6m on ours.

Plus the money they made from the CL this season.

Pretty baffling to deny they're miles ahead of us financially....

But then again you're one of BP9's head in the sand brigade so it doesn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I like the idea of a 3 year ST.  The club benefits short term by front loading the money.  From a supporter perspective you can secure a seat, pay it off, and not have to worry about finances for 3 years which I would prefer.  Can't see anything like this happening but it would be good (tu)

Ah, front loading.

So we only need pay up around 1/20th of an agreed figure in the first year?........?

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Here's an idea,why don't the board do their job and seek investment?

A football clubs main sources of external revenue is always going to be through merchandise and kit deals, which leaves us hamstrung, worryingly even if we can escape Ashley's grip the fat cunt has a stake in so many kit suppliers and massive influence in retail we're not in a good bargaining position due to lack of choice, forget about addidas and puma for a start.

We're desperate for revenue, not just investment, revenue is sustained investment isnt, we need to both capitalise the club and to meet FFP, not sure what more the board can do until they free the club from Ashley's clutches.