RFCRobertson

Matt Crooks

214 posts in this topic

Out of the 2 that came from Accrington he was supposedly the better of the 2.

When he has played he has been no where near fit to make a fair judgement. 

15 minutes ago, james_85 said:

I don't agree with the fit part he's been fit and ready for action for ages but he's not being picked. 

Sometimes you can just tell, remember that Dragan guy? we gave 1m for Hen Broon, he was worse than shite.

1 hour ago, james_85 said:

He should be fit enough now to at least come on for 20 minutes and make some sort of impact. He played his first 20s game in August.

Put it this way, if Rossiter finally gets himself fit I'll guarantee you he plays more than 2 games in 4 months.

He has played less than 2 games how the fuck can anyone sit there and say he is shite :lol: Hodson hardly played for 2/3 months, he is hardly shite is he? Give the guy a fucking chance man

1 person likes this

I doubt a permanent sale would be much of an option right now anyway, he has a four year contract and I doubt anyone is rushing to offer him increased wages

You can't miss what you never had.

If he doesn't have the belief to get into this team then it doesn't say much for his future here when we actually bring in a couple of good players for midfield.

25 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

He has played less than 2 games how the fuck can anyone sit there and say he is shite :lol: Hodson hardly played for 2/3 months, he is hardly shite is he? Give the guy a fucking chance man

Hodson is a strange comparison as he was playing right at the start of the season from the off in the cup games and looked able. 

Nothing amazing or major but able. 

Weve not seen this with Crooks - no one can deny he's played about 80 minutes total of first team games and a handful of reserve games but people are only commenting on what they've seen - you can't have a serious objective debate on someone's abilities based on what you think might happen or are hopeful for.

think I said the exact same thing to you in a Dodoo debate here about a month ago too 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Hodson is a strange comparison as he was playing right at the start of the season from the off in the cup games and looked able. 

Nothing amazing or major but able. 

Weve not seen this with Crooks - no one can deny he's played about 80 minutes total of first team games and a handful of reserve games but people are only commenting on what they've seen - you can't have a serious objective debate on someone's abilities based on what you think might happen or are hopeful for.

think I said the exact same thing to you in a Dodoo debate here about a month ago too 

Crooks couldn't do that though because he was injured, had he been fit I'm sure he would have played as many games as Hodson. 

We haven't seen enough to make a judgement on whether he is Rangers class or not, even if he isn't good enough yet, he is 22 year old he is still fairly young and has time to improve. You don't get into a team of the year by being shite no matter what league it is.

You did, and one of the few chances Dodoo has had he scored 2 cracking finishes and won us the game. 

Something I don't like about this cunt anyway. I follow most of the players on twitter and as much as some of them have come in for a lot of criticism this year they know all about how big this club is and appreciate the stature of the club and our incredible fanbase. This cunt is never off twitter and has never said anything remotely complimentary about the club. This is besides the fact he's done nothing when he's worn the jersey. 

I'd be jizzing my pants every five minutes if I was a Rangers player, get the cunt back down the road to Accrington Stanley. He's also just recently made his account private which has elevated him to a new level of cunt. 

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Crooks couldn't do that though because he was injured, had he been fit I'm sure he would have played as many games as Hodson. 

We haven't seen enough to make a judgement on whether he is Rangers class or not, even if he isn't good enough yet, he is 22 year old he is still fairly young and has time to improve. You don't get into a team of the year by being shite no matter what league it is.

You did, and one of the few chances Dodoo has had he scored 2 cracking finishes and won us the game. 

He's not injured now, though. 

Ill give Dodoo all the credit in the world for the Partick game but it doesn't make him a great player either. This is the problem I've got with Rangers fans in general (I've said this a couple of times recently) that after a good game shite players become stars and good players become shite after a bad game - we are far too reactionary and it clouds our judgements.

Dodoo needs to do it regular - he started next game against Hearts and was as pathetic as the rest of them. Good players need to push on and take their chances.

8 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Something I don't like about this cunt anyway. I follow most of the players on twitter and as much as some of them have come in for a lot of criticism this year they know all about how big this club is and appreciate the stature of the club and our incredible fanbase. This cunt is never off twitter and has never said anything remotely complimentary about the club. This is besides the fact he's done nothing when he's worn the jersey. 

I'd be jizzing my pants every five minutes if I was a Rangers player, get the cunt back down the road to Accrington Stanley. He's also just recently made his account private which has elevated him to a new level of cunt. 

Fuck off.

So because he never tweets about us, he doesn't know how big we are? 

5 tweets this month, hardly "always on it".

18 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

He played his first 20s game in August, he's been able to play games for over 4 months.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

He played his first 20s game in August, he's been able to play games for over 4 months.

He didn't make his first official appearance until mid September against QotS when we were 5-0 up against them. After that he's made just 2 more appearances, Killie at home and then Hearts away where he got booked. 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

He didn't make his first official appearance until mid September against QotS when we were 5-0 up against them. After that he's made just 2 more appearances, Killie at home and then Hearts away where he got booked. 

After sitting on the bench for 5/6 games. If we was a player who was going to make an impact MW would be doing everything he could do get him game time even if it was just for half an hour here and there. He only played against Hearts because we literally didn't have another midfielder to play. We've now got a full back who up until last week had never played centre midfield in his life playing ahead of him. Crooks didn't even make the bench on Friday night.

I might be sounding harsh but using he's been injured as an excuse 4 months after he played his first under 20s game just doesn't wash with me.

1 person likes this

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

I might be sounding harsh but using he's been injured as an excuse 4 months after he played his first under 20s game just doesn't wash with me.

Not at all, if you're putting on the Rangers jersey you need to realise a lot will be asked of you by the fans. 

3 official appearances with no significant impact doesn't bode well for him. May be harsh to judge him on the limited game time but that's enough for some fans to decide their feelings on that player. 

He was hyped up pretty big too. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Not at all, if you're putting on the Rangers jersey you need to realise a lot will be asked of you by the fans. 

3 official appearances with no significant impact doesn't bode well for him. May be harsh to judge him on the limited game time but that's enough for some fans to decide their feelings on that player. 

He was hyped up pretty big too. 

I get the point that none of us have really seen a lot of him (unless you seen a lot of Accrington) but IMO usually you can tell pretty quickly if someone is going to be a success here.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I meant like during the summer for the cup games which is when Hodson and Gilks played most of their games. He had another injury after that, but yes he has had 2/3 months to break in to the team and hasn't done it. So what? Does that mean he is shite? 

get him on loan, get him playing and then bring him back for next season to see what he can do. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I meant like during the summer for the cup games which is when Hodson and Gilks played most of their games. He had another injury after that, but yes he has had 2/3 months to break in to the team and hasn't done it. So what? Does that mean he is shite? 

I wouldn't say he's shite but its not exactly looking good right now.

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Means he's more unlucky than anything else. but given that he knew he's been out for a while and the fans were excited to see him that should've gave him the incentive to go out and impress not only the fans but also Mark Warburton. 

If Warburton isn't playing him for whatever reason then there is issues with him. He wouldn't be doing it because the fans don't rate him, he's either not ready, lacking match fitness or sharpness. 

This loan is the best thing for him, playing with rangers isn't easy and the promotion this year made a lot of players look like shit. However most of them like Waghorn and McKay had their performance last season to back them up and keep them in the fans good side. Crooks whose came in, had injuries woes, made 3 less than stellar appearances picking up a yellow while doing so isn't the best impression to give the fans or the gaffer. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I don't agree with the fit part he's been fit and ready for action for ages but he's not being picked. 

I wouldnt say that he was match fit if you know what I mean, when he started against hearts he looked like he hadn't played for about 6 month, he was so far off the pace. Was the wrong game to throw him into

2 minutes ago, james_85 said:

I wouldnt say that he was match fit if you know what I mean, when he started against hearts he looked like he hadn't played for about 6 month, he was so far off the pace. Was the wrong game to throw him into

Yeah I know what you mean but surely if he was any good he'd play since he's been fit fit for months 

20 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

get him on loan, get him playing and then bring him back for next season to see what he can do. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Its as simple as this. Get him out on loan,get some game time and see if theres a player in there