RFCRobertson

Matt Crooks

214 posts in this topic

His career has consisted of one season playing in the English 4th division and not much else. Beginning to look like a bit of a low risk punt by Warburton / McParland in the hope he may be a hidden gem but its not like he's a really young kid, he's 23 in a months time so I would be concerned if he wasn't desperate for first team football at this stage of his career.

Loan deal until the summer would make sense for all parties, let the boy get himself match fit and confident again and either come back and hit the ground running or earn a move elsewhere. Given it looks like we're trying to strengthen in the middle of the park in January I can't see where he would fit in right now.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck off.

So because he never tweets about us, he doesn't know how big we are? 

5 tweets this month, hardly "always on it".

Had a beer mate? I prefer my Rangers players to have an affiliation to the club of some degree. Each to their own

34 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Had a beer mate? I prefer my Rangers players to have an affiliation to the club of some degree. Each to their own

Na, why should they feel the need to write about us all the time on Twitter?

I'd rather all our players stayed off Twitter but if they must then resort from running their fat traps off - so that's not something anyone can slag Crooks for let's be fair to the boy 

Boy needs games and time and if making him a better player means a loan deal then I've no problems with it.

i would hold off with the he's shite and thank fuck pish until he's played enough mins to be judged

3 people like this

Waghorn was pish this season but worked his way back into the team and looks to be hitting a bit of form now.

Same with McKay he was rotten earlier on so he had a spell out the side,worked his ticket came back and he's been like the McKay of last season these last couple of games.

I'd rather Crooks would stop whinging and do what Waghorn and McKay done,plus there's a very good chance he could go out on loan and get injured again..

Disappointing to say the least.

Fuck him, we should of signed Windass and told this donkey to get tae. Honestly the most limited player at this club

17 minutes ago, MaestroNiko said:

Fuck him, we should of signed Windass and told this donkey to get tae. Honestly the most limited player at this club

:anguish: 

10/10 for support mate (tu) 

Whatever that was that played against Hearts wasn't a footballer. He didn't have a good touch, he wasn't quick, he wasn't even good in the air for a big guy. If he's unfit and rusty then that's understandable but if that's all he's got to offer then send him on loan to see if he improves and if not try make some money back on him. 

Remember how poor Kranjcar looked when he was just back from his injury. A few weeks later after a run of games he was like a different player altogether, he was leaner and sharper and was strolling games - im not saying Crooks is anywhere near Niko in terms of ability but people are under-estimating how long it can take a player to fully rehab from a bad injury 

Tom Miller (on RTV Friday night) suggested a loan deal for Crooks may be best option for all parties at the present time.  Think it is a good idea.

The posters righting the boy off already just don't have a clue IMO.  

12 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Tom Miller (on RTV Friday night) suggested a loan deal for Crooks may be best option for all parties at the present time.  Think it is a good idea.

The posters righting the boy off already just don't have a clue IMO.  

I reckon anyone that thinks he's a Rangers class footballer are the ones without a clue 

I'd love to know the exact timeframe in which your allowed to go back and say they're crap - can we call MOH crap yet?

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I reckon anyone that thinks he's a Rangers class footballer are the ones without a clue 

I'd love to know the exact timeframe in which your allowed to go back and say they're crap - can we call MOH crap yet?

The boy has been out injured for over 6months, he has played one full game and clearly is not anywhere near match fit.  How can you make any kind of judgement based on that?

You think he is not Rangers class? He is in good company then as have heard same dismissive term applied to so many of our greats early in their Rangers careers.  

Fans pay there money and are perfectly entitled to slag off any player if that is what they think.  However, other fans are equally entitled to criticise that opinion particularly when they think it is flawed (as in this case).

Crooks is a donkey, simple as that. He was getting ripped in U20 games never mind anything he's shown on a first team basis.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

The boy has been out injured for over 6months, he has played one full game and clearly is not anywhere near match fit.  How can you make any kind of judgement based on that?

You think he is not Rangers class? He is in good company then as have heard same dismissive term applied to so many of our greats early in their Rangers careers.  

Fans pay there money and are perfectly entitled to slag off any player if that is what they think.  However, other fans are equally entitled to criticise that opinion particularly when they think it is flawed (as in this case).

He's not been out injured for over 6 months he's been fit for about 3 months with us 

and yeah because Hateley and McCoist had rough starts every player that looks shite will turn out good - that's how it works 

don't get me wrong never say never but cmon - does anyone actually believe he's going to be Rangers quality? A lot of people sticking up for him are Warburton fans too - do they not trust his judgement now ? As if he thought he was any good he'd have played more - he only played at Hearts cos we were short of options 

Jesus Christ, the guy's appeared in about 3 games, none of which he's seen the full game, and you've got cunts wanting him sold. You get some right fucking idiots on here man.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, MaestroNiko said:

You're obviously the most limited thinker on this board wae opinions like that.

I'm still confused as to what position he plays. Tbh he's looked shite the few games iv seen him. 

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He's not been out injured for over 6 months he's been fit for about 3 months with us 

and yeah because Hateley and McCoist had rough starts every player that looks shite will turn out good - that's how it works 

don't get me wrong never say never but cmon - does anyone actually believe he's going to be Rangers quality? A lot of people sticking up for him are Warburton fans too - do they not trust his judgement now ? As if he thought he was any good he'd have played more - he only played at Hearts cos we were short of options 

He's not match fit and won't be until he gets at least half a dozen competitive first team games under his belt.  He can train and play as many u20s games until the cows come home, they will not make him match fit.  Hearts away proved that.

Wasnt thinking particularly of Hateley and McCoist although they do come into the 'not Rangers class' category. Was thinking of all the Rangers players that I have heard written off by this term - the likes of Alex MacDonald, Colin Jackson, John McClelland,  John Brown, Craig Moore, Alan Hutton, Barrie McKay, etc.  

As he signed him, I would hope that MW rated him.  If that opinion has changed in a few months  on the back of training sessions and u20s games, he is a lesser manager than I thought.  The team has been struggling big style, I think the manager realises that it hasn't really been the time to bring the boy in knowing that he's not match fit.  He took a chance in the Hearts game because of injuries and, as always would be the case, the boy struggled.  That is the reason I think a loan deal for him is a good idea to allow him to get his sharpness back, away from the baying mob.

Not been impressed at all by both of the players from Accrington, seem to lack the desire and physicality to succeed in football. 

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not been impressed at all by both of the players from Accrington, seem to lack the desire and physicality to succeed in football. 

I'm sorry but what have you seen from Windass that suggests he lacks desire :lol: And he is hardly lacking in physical prowess either aye he could be a bit stronger but you're not going to get a perfect athlete at our level.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, MaestroNiko said:

Fuck up.

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I'm sorry but what have you seen from Windass that suggests he lacks desire :lol: And he is hardly lacking in physical prowess either aye he could be a bit stronger but you're not going to get a perfect athlete at our level.

Every time he gets kicked he wants off. he's lightweight and every time runs then falls down plus he seems to be injured too much. There's a reason he was still at Accrington at 22.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Every time he gets kicked he wants off. he's lightweight and every time runs then falls down plus he seems to be injured too much. There's a reason he was still at Accrington at 22.

Hardly wants off every time he's kicked, did you see the tackles he was facing :lol:? When you are a skilful player as fast as him you are going to be targeted a lot more, he needs time to adjust to those type of challenges like every young player does. Hardly means he lacks desire or physicality.

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Hardly wants off every time he's kicked, did you see the tackles he was facing :lol:? When you are a skilful player as fast as him you are going to be targeted a lot more, he needs time to adjust to those type of challenges like every young player does. Hardly means he lacks desire or physicality.

He's not young he's 22 you asked for an opinion on the player, That's my opinion.

I've said before he needs a bit of dig like his dad had but he seems to be a bit of a weakling physically, nust have got his maws genes.