RFCRobertson

Matt Crooks

279 posts in this topic

On 21/12/2016 at 9:47 AM, Zulu said:

Fukin treatment table jockey just get shot of him

You realise he's fit? Just not performing well enough to start or make the squad? 

Guy came up with a bad injury, and has now recovered. 

43 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck up.

Name a midfielder in our starting XI and bench thats worse than him.

2 minutes ago, MaestroNiko said:

Name a midfielder in our starting XI and bench thats worse than him.

Hard to tell when he's played about 90mins all season, ya rocket.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You realise he's fit? Just not performing well enough to start or make the squad? 

Guy came up with a bad injury, and has now recovered. 

He's not done well in the under 20's in saying that in the easy games we have at home we should be getting him at least on for the second half.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

He's not done well in the under 20's in saying that in the easy games we have at home we should be getting him at least on for the second half.

So I hear. 

The problem is we haven't really steamrolled over the top of anyone to afford him that opportunity, and he's obviously not showing enough to deserve involvement. 

Don't dislike him or anything, but we're not a wee diddy club where you get back in automatically and build your fitness up through games. 

Loan might be best all round. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

So I hear. 

The problem is we haven't really steamrolled over the top of anyone to afford him that opportunity, and he's obviously not showing enough to deserve involvement. 

Don't dislike him or anything, but we're not a wee diddy club where you get back in automatically and build your fitness up through games. 

Loan might be best all round. 

We have not been beaten at home for a good while i specifically meaning the games we look to have control off, we won't be really in control till our strikers start putting the chances away.

For a measly 60k we paid for Windass I think he's been a decent player for us this season, he's had a few MOTM performances which suggests once he's over his hamstring injuries then he'll be an absolute steal at the price we paid.

He got hung out to dry by Warburton at Tynecastle..

Two guys Barton and Crooks signed to play the problem CDM position and now every chance neither will be here after January..

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have not been beaten at home for a good while i specifically meaning the games we look to have control off, we won't be really in control till our strikers start putting the chances away.

We haven't been beaten, but we're rarerly had a comfortable 2 goal lead. Cunts would be going off their head if we were 1 up, gave Crooks a run out and ended up with a draw. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Two guys Barton and Crooks signed to play the problem CDM position and now every chance neither will be here after January..

It's a hard role, especially with the way we play. They need to be strong enough to defend and keep the midfield pretty much by themself. While the other two mids are making runs. Has the defenders to keep him company but then if Kiernan or Wilson lose the ball too far up, it's pretty much guaranteed to be at least 2v1. 

Crooks obviously isn't good enough to do that. Halliday has been able to do it decently but we need another one. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We haven't been beaten, but we're rarerly had a comfortable 2 goal lead. Cunts would be going off their head if we were 1 up, gave Crooks a run out and ended up with a draw. 

You buy a player you have to have faith in him or it's just another pointless signing, buys like this make you question Warburton as he seems to have no faith in the player himself.

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

It's a hard role, especially with the way we play. They need to be strong enough to defend and keep the midfield pretty much by themself. While the other two mids are making runs. Has the defenders to keep him company but then if Kiernan or Wilson lose the ball too far up, it's pretty much guaranteed to be at least 2v1. 

Crooks obviously isn't good enough to do that. Halliday has been able to do it decently but we need another one. 

I thought Halliday was worse than Crooks at Tynecastle. 

Just now, DeanMK said:

It'd be easier trying to figure 1 player who played good that day. 

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

There was no players performed well at Tynecastle, we pulled out of every  50 50 and let them steamroll all over us.

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Even then Crooks looked like he was in a more advanced position v Hearts.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

You buy a player you have to have faith in him or it's just another pointless signing, buys like this make you question Warburton as he seems to have no faith in the player himself.

Not really. Was practically free, and on low wages. Big physical unit, with a bit of technical ability. Totally worth a punt. 

He got pretty seriously injured after we signed him on a pre-contract. He has since recovered under our care, but isn't doing enough (or is sharp enough) to force his way into the side as yet. 

Warburton threw him in away at Hearts in his first start - if that's not faith in him then I am not sure what is? That said he didn't look sharp enough, so MW got that one wrong IMO. 

If you use Crooks situation to 'question' Warburton it's because you are looking for something to question quite frankly. Fair enough if he was a £3m signing or on £20k a week, but he's not. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not really. Was practically free, and on low wages. Big physical unit, with a bit of technical ability. Totally worth a punt. 

He got pretty seriously injured after we signed him on a pre-contract. He has since recovered under our care, but isn't doing enough (or is sharp enough) to force his way into the side as yet. 

Warburton threw him in away at Hearts in his first start - if that's not faith in him then I am not sure what is? That said he didn't look sharp enough, so MW got that one wrong IMO. 

If you use Crooks situation to 'question' Warburton it's because you are looking for something to question quite frankly. Fair enough if he was a £3m signing or on £20k a week, but he's not. 

Practically free, Like Crooks Barton Kranjcar Windass the perma injured Rossiter you don't have to look far to question Warburton signings. It all adds up in terms of money spunked on nothing.

Our best players are still Wallace  McKay and Miller that tells us something surely.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Practically free, Like Crooks Barton Kranjcar Windass the perma injured Rossiter you don't have to look far to question Warburton signings.

Our best players are still Wallace  McKay and Miller that tells us something surely.

Well that just isn't true.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Well that just isn't true.

It certainly is going into a big game you would want those three players fit.

Your the guy who said Thomas Muller was  only good in the last few years right enough.

Just now, Smile said:

It certainly is going into a big game you would want those three players fit.

Your the guy who said Thomas Muller was  only good in the last few years right enough.

True with Mckay and Wallace since we don't have another LB but miller? Who would you take out of the front 3 from Hamilton to put him in?

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

True with Mckay and Wallace since we don't have another LB but miller? Who would you take out of the front 3 from Hamilton to put him in?

It's true with them all Warburtons signed 20 odd players and none of them would start an old firm game in front of Miller Wallace and McKay.

You can't judge strikers on the Hamilton match.

24 minutes ago, Smile said:

Practically free, Like Crooks Barton Kranjcar Windass the perma injured Rossiter you don't have to look far to question Warburton signings. It all adds up in terms of money spunked on nothing.

Miller, don't be ridiculous:rofl:

he's struggled with the step up.

midfield in general is a area of the park we are weak in and desperately needed some reinforcements especially CDM.

I'd give rossiter until the summer to prove himself fitness wise etc if he can't do it he's another I would punt regardless of potential

1 person likes this

Just now, Smile said:

It's true with them all Warburtons signed 20 odd players and none of them would start an old firm game in front of Miller Wallace and McKay.

You can't judge strikers on the Hamilton match.

I disagree personally while I would start at least 2 out of the three Garner, Wes, Kiernan right now and Waggy would all start ahead of Miller. It is hard to pick who our best players are right now since we've been so inconsistent but going off recent games I'd say Garner, Hill and Mckay are our best players

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Miller, don't be ridiculous:rofl:

Who would you play in front of Miller against the Filth ?