eskbankloyal

Sam Nicholson

200 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He's never played for Watford or Brentford so cant see this happening..

He does have the same agent as Tav Waghorn & Garner tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He does have the same agent as Tav Waghorn & Garner tho 

Your joking me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He does have the same agent as Tav Waghorn & Garner tho 

Comical and scary if true...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be pleased with this.

He - like Walker and Paterson - really benefited from the first team exposure they got when Hearts were relegated. I rate that Walker, as well, but if I had to pick Hearts' stand-out, it would be Nicholson. He's played well against us and he has a dig on him, too; I remember him scoring a peach against Hibs at Tynecastle on BT Sport a couple of seasons ago.

This is more like it, this type of signing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen he's been out injured since Sept never knew it was that long ... would think we'd have learned our lessons - can feel this being another ridiculous window with him and the ex Brentford guy that can't get a game for Eilbar 

im always happy to be proved wrong but it looks like there's no investment in Jan either at this rate (things could change tho )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

Not seen the boy live but my initial opinion Is a little underwhelmed. I don't imagine this boy isnt much better or worse than we already have.

I'd imagine, due to his age and position he is a very inconsistent player. I want to see us buying better quality players for next year that can take us on to league titles

You haven't watched him play, but have already decided that he is 'very inconsistent'? :lol: 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panic panic panic he has the same agent as some of our players:lol:

Fuck it better no sign him then:lol::Zzz:

He has a great amount of potential. I think its quite clear the medical team doing the medicals get it right more often than not, Lescott for example. Also last season we had two serious injuries the whole campaign and one of them was Waghorns awkward landing at Killie. Leads me to believe that this season has been pure bad luck. 

I'd be punting MOH the other way if am honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

You haven't watched him play, but have already decided that he is 'very inconsistent'? :lol: 

Eh? He clearly said he's not seen him live meaning watched him at a game - many times you seen him live?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicholson is hearts best player. he was very impressive against us in the championship and although in unsure of last year his stats before his operation are impressive this season. He's miles better than Billy king. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Eh? He clearly said he's not seen him live meaning watched him at a game - many times you seen him live?

I haven't seen him live at a game, but I'm not making grandiose statements about his ability. 

FWIW I read that comment with 'live' including live television coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Creampuff said:

I haven't seen him live, but I'm not making grandiose statements about his ability. 

FWIW I read that comment with 'live' including live television coverage.

Nah it's obvious he meant in a game live 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take Jamie Walker ahead of him but Walker would probably cost a tad bit more and Hearts wouldn't let him go to us. Still, Nicholson is a class player on his day, both of them would fit in very well to our front line as they are direct fast skilful and have a decent finish on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'd be pleased with this.

He - like Walker and Paterson - really benefited from the first team exposure they got when Hearts were relegated. I rate that Walker, as well, but if I had to pick Hearts' stand-out, it would be Nicholson. He's played well against us and he has a dig on him, too; I remember him scoring a peach against Hibs at Tynecastle on BT Sport a couple of seasons ago.

This is more like it, this type of signing.

 

Was it not last season when they played in the Scottish Cup, chested it down and volleyed on the edge of the box to the bottom corner? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Was it not last season when they played in the Scottish Cup, chested it down and volleyed on the edge of the box to the bottom corner? 

There's that one, as well. I forgot about that.

This is the one I was referring to; nutmegs Craig, then pings it, post and in. Go to 2:01.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I'd be trying to sign Walker AND Nicholson. 2 players who would fit into our system perfectly.

Young, Scottish and with potential sell-on value. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He does have the same agent as Tav Waghorn & Garner tho 

Oh my :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

There's that one, as well. I forgot about that.

This is the one I was referring to; nutmegs Craig, then pings it, post and in. Go to 2:01.

 

Ah I remember it now :lol: that was some finish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will become the most hated player in Scotland

Scottish football will go into meltdown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not seen a lot of him but I've heard he's a decent wee player.  However given our luck with injuries recently I'd maybe give this one a miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a very good and low risk signing, we rotate the squad a lot and having someone who knows the league and is proven is a good thing. Also 100 games at 21yrs old is a decent bit of experience. Makes sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

You haven't watched him play, but have already decided that he is 'very inconsistent'? :lol: 

I haven't seem him play live. 

That's also why I said 'I'd imagine'. As this is an assumption. 

It's all about the detail of the post mate😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

Not seen the boy live but my initial opinion Is a little underwhelmed. I don't imagine this boy isnt much better or worse than we already have.

I'd imagine, due to his age and position he is a very inconsistent player. I want to see us buying better quality players for next year that can take us on to league titles

So in imagination land he's shite? 

Might want to actually watch him first? He's a good player, on par if not slightly better than most of our squad. 

Not sure he's that significant step up in quality though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Just seen he's been out injured since Sept never knew it was that long ... would think we'd have learned our lessons - can feel this being another ridiculous window with him and the ex Brentford guy that can't get a game for Eilbar 

im always happy to be proved wrong but it looks like there's no investment in Jan either at this rate (things could change tho )

Like you, I suspect it will be a fairly shite window, with pre-contracts, loans and frees only. 

Fingers will be pointed at MW, when actually it's King and co who aren't backing the football team on the park.

MW's hands seem totally tied. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now