eskbankloyal

Sam Nicholson

200 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He's never played for Watford or Brentford so cant see this happening..

He does have the same agent as Tav Waghorn & Garner tho 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Your joking me 

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Comical and scary if true...........

I'd be pleased with this.

He - like Walker and Paterson - really benefited from the first team exposure they got when Hearts were relegated. I rate that Walker, as well, but if I had to pick Hearts' stand-out, it would be Nicholson. He's played well against us and he has a dig on him, too; I remember him scoring a peach against Hibs at Tynecastle on BT Sport a couple of seasons ago.

This is more like it, this type of signing.

Just seen he's been out injured since Sept never knew it was that long ... would think we'd have learned our lessons - can feel this being another ridiculous window with him and the ex Brentford guy that can't get a game for Eilbar 

im always happy to be proved wrong but it looks like there's no investment in Jan either at this rate (things could change tho )

4 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

Not seen the boy live but my initial opinion Is a little underwhelmed. I don't imagine this boy isnt much better or worse than we already have.

I'd imagine, due to his age and position he is a very inconsistent player. I want to see us buying better quality players for next year that can take us on to league titles

You haven't watched him play, but have already decided that he is 'very inconsistent'? :lol: 

1 person likes this

Panic panic panic he has the same agent as some of our players:lol:

Fuck it better no sign him then:lol::Zzz:

He has a great amount of potential. I think its quite clear the medical team doing the medicals get it right more often than not, Lescott for example. Also last season we had two serious injuries the whole campaign and one of them was Waghorns awkward landing at Killie. Leads me to believe that this season has been pure bad luck. 

I'd be punting MOH the other way if am honest. 

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

You haven't watched him play, but have already decided that he is 'very inconsistent'? :lol: 

Eh? He clearly said he's not seen him live meaning watched him at a game - many times you seen him live?

Nicholson is hearts best player. he was very impressive against us in the championship and although in unsure of last year his stats before his operation are impressive this season. He's miles better than Billy king. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Eh? He clearly said he's not seen him live meaning watched him at a game - many times you seen him live?

I haven't seen him live at a game, but I'm not making grandiose statements about his ability. 

FWIW I read that comment with 'live' including live television coverage.

Just now, Creampuff said:

I haven't seen him live, but I'm not making grandiose statements about his ability. 

FWIW I read that comment with 'live' including live television coverage.

Nah it's obvious he meant in a game live 

I would take Jamie Walker ahead of him but Walker would probably cost a tad bit more and Hearts wouldn't let him go to us. Still, Nicholson is a class player on his day, both of them would fit in very well to our front line as they are direct fast skilful and have a decent finish on them.

23 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'd be pleased with this.

He - like Walker and Paterson - really benefited from the first team exposure they got when Hearts were relegated. I rate that Walker, as well, but if I had to pick Hearts' stand-out, it would be Nicholson. He's played well against us and he has a dig on him, too; I remember him scoring a peach against Hibs at Tynecastle on BT Sport a couple of seasons ago.

This is more like it, this type of signing.

Was it not last season when they played in the Scottish Cup, chested it down and volleyed on the edge of the box to the bottom corner? 

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Was it not last season when they played in the Scottish Cup, chested it down and volleyed on the edge of the box to the bottom corner? 

There's that one, as well. I forgot about that.

This is the one I was referring to; nutmegs Craig, then pings it, post and in. Go to 2:01.

1 person likes this

Tbh I'd be trying to sign Walker AND Nicholson. 2 players who would fit into our system perfectly.

Young, Scottish and with potential sell-on value. 

2 people like this

40 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Oh my :lol:

28 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

There's that one, as well. I forgot about that.

This is the one I was referring to; nutmegs Craig, then pings it, post and in. Go to 2:01.

Ah I remember it now :lol: that was some finish

He will become the most hated player in Scotland

Scottish football will go into meltdown

Not seen a lot of him but I've heard he's a decent wee player.  However given our luck with injuries recently I'd maybe give this one a miss.

Would be a very good and low risk signing, we rotate the squad a lot and having someone who knows the league and is proven is a good thing. Also 100 games at 21yrs old is a decent bit of experience. Makes sense 

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I haven't seem him play live. 

That's also why I said 'I'd imagine'. As this is an assumption. 

It's all about the detail of the post mate😂 

5 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

Not seen the boy live but my initial opinion Is a little underwhelmed. I don't imagine this boy isnt much better or worse than we already have.

I'd imagine, due to his age and position he is a very inconsistent player. I want to see us buying better quality players for next year that can take us on to league titles

So in imagination land he's shite? 

Might want to actually watch him first? He's a good player, on par if not slightly better than most of our squad. 

Not sure he's that significant step up in quality though. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Just seen he's been out injured since Sept never knew it was that long ... would think we'd have learned our lessons - can feel this being another ridiculous window with him and the ex Brentford guy that can't get a game for Eilbar 

im always happy to be proved wrong but it looks like there's no investment in Jan either at this rate (things could change tho )

Like you, I suspect it will be a fairly shite window, with pre-contracts, loans and frees only. 

Fingers will be pointed at MW, when actually it's King and co who aren't backing the football team on the park.

MW's hands seem totally tied. 

2 people like this