eskbankloyal

Sam Nicholson

200 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Like you, I suspect it will be a fairly shite window, with pre-contracts, loans and frees only. 

Fingers will be pointed at MW, when actually it's King and co who aren't backing the football team on the park.

MW's hands seem totally tied. 

Yeah that's true ... I'm a bit Jekyll and hide with it - sometimes I hate Warburtons transfer policy and other times it's 100% King that's caused the shite policy 

It's obvious this is going to continue to be our level (it shouldn't be but it is) which is infuriating... 

Its a joke. I've had a moan about Nicholson this morning - the boys a good player I'm not saying he isn't but is he honestly any better than what we've got and a next level talent? Not for me ...

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Like you, I suspect it will be a fairly shite window, with pre-contracts, loans and frees only. 

Fingers will be pointed at MW, when actually it's King and co who aren't backing the football team on the park.

MW's hands seem totally tied. 

You always wonder how many First picks Warburton has missed out on due to lack of investment from the board,I honestly think we would be looking at a different team altogether if he had a bit of real backing.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Just seen he's been out injured since Sept never knew it was that long ... would think we'd have learned our lessons - can feel this being another ridiculous window with him and the ex Brentford guy that can't get a game for Eilbar 

im always happy to be proved wrong but it looks like there's no investment in Jan either at this rate (things could change tho )

Nicholson is long term potential for low risk. Jota is a class act and could become our best player. He was seriously good for Brentford - a multi million pound player who had some personal issues. 

Just now, trueblueal said:

Nicholson is long term potential for low risk. Jota is a class act and could become our best player. He was seriously good for Brentford - a multi million pound player who had some personal issues. 

Nicky Clark, David Templeton, Matt Crooks, Jo Dodoo and to a lesser extent O'Halloran, Windass, Rossiter have all been seen as low risks and didn't work out we seem to have a team full of these types of guys and you can even add Holt and Halliday into that, too.

I get what you are saying but it's not a wise path we seem to go down every time, every window and a lot of our signings.

Regarding Jota again it's potential or something to prove. People who don't mind can throw positives about him at me all they want but I can't get away from the fact he went back to Spain to be more settled and still can't get a game with that mob.

I know people are probably tired of me being a negative bastard all the time ... I'm boring myself typing out negativity in a lot of these threads but I don't think it's untrue either.

2 people like this

Hearts fans don't even rate him that highly and say he is far too inconsistent for Hearts nevermind us, I'm leaning towards this being a silly transfer IMO 

If we are getting him for zilch then it's worth the gamble..

There is absolutely no way we should be paying anywhere near 500k.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

You always wonder how many First picks Warburton has missed out on due to lack of investment from the board,I honestly think we would be looking at a different team altogether if he had a bit of real backing.

It's like sending your wean to do your weekly shopping with a tenner, the wean can go to Lidl and get more for his tenner but he's never going to come back with enough.

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

It's like sending your wean to do your weekly shopping with a tenner, the wean can go to Lidl and get more for his tenner but he's never going to come back with enough.

You going to take this shite @Lidl

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nicky Clark, David Templeton, Matt Crooks, Jo Dodoo and to a lesser extent O'Halloran, Windass, Rossiter have all been seen as low risks and didn't work out we seem to have a team full of these types of guys and you can even add Holt and Halliday into that, too.

I get what you are saying but it's not a wise path we seem to go down every time, every window and a lot of our signings.

Regarding Jota again it's potential or something to prove. People who don't mind can throw positives about him at me all they want but I can't get away from the fact he went back to Spain to be more settled and still can't get a game with that mob.

I know people are probably tired of me being a negative bastard all the time ... I'm boring myself typing out negativity in a lot of these threads but I don't think it's untrue either.

The thing you are looking for (I think) is an instant impact and a first team regular from the signings in the first paragraph, that's not what they are. They are low risk, low cost players to bulk the squad out. Whenever Windass plays he contributes, as does Dodoo IMO. Rossiter we know has quality, but hasn't been fit.

It seems harsh to write them all off as 'not worked out'. 

Holt and Halliday have both played probably 60 games in the last 2 years for us, so not sure how you can include them. Might not think they are top quality, or that we should aim higher, but they are mainstays of the side. 

40 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The thing you are looking for (I think) is an instant impact and a first team regular from the signings in the first paragraph, that's not what they are. They are low risk, low cost players to bulk the squad out. Whenever Windass plays he contributes, as does Dodoo IMO. Rossiter we know has quality, but hasn't been fit.

Holt and Halliday have both played probably 60 games in the last 2 years for us, so not sure how you can include them. Might not think they are top quality, or that we should aim higher, but they are mainstays of the side. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Regarding Holt and Halliday I only meant not worked out in the context of being big enough and talented enough to run our midfield this year - they haven't been 

Last year everyone had an impact and done their bit - even if after the tarriers game in April we went into meltdown mode 

Just seen there that before his injury he had either scored or assited a goal a game this season. Doubt many players will be as high as that other than maybe Sinclair. 

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Just seen there that before his injury he had either scored or assited a goal a game this season. Doubt many players will be as high as that other than maybe Sinclair. 

Was it not something like 4 games though mate? - a lot of players start the season on fire. 

Id like to see a bigger range of his stats - I know Warburton is big on that sort of analysis 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Was something like 4 games though mate - a lot of players start the season on fire. 

Id like to see a bigger range of his stats - I know Warburton is big on that sort of analysis 

Was 9

but agree it's not massive. Not sure what his contribution was like last year right enough.

All I know is his mrs sent a scuddy to everybody in her snapchat by mistake :lol: 

I'd take Jamie Walker before Nicholson 

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

All these low-cost players and wages add up to a high-risk strategy of injured or not good enough players, buy one decent player rather than 4 hopefuls, The money has to be there to entice the player though and as Warburton has said if it comes down to the money we won't get them.

1 person likes this

Would take walker before Nicholsin 

does anyone know what happened to cummins being a done deal ? I have work colleges and fellow bears from the east saying this was happening all summer if anyone knows or knew about this ? 

Read a link on here that took you to the Hearts forum they state that he's very inconsistent and can vanish in games.

Just now, Smile said:

Read a link on here that took you to the Hearts forum they state that he's very inconsistent and can vanish in games.

I hope Dave King doesn't read that or he will have the boy on at half-time with Debbie McGhee vanishing for a tenner a pop.

3 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I hope Dave King doesn't read that or he will have the boy on at half-time with Debbie McGhee vanishing for a tenner a pop.

Dave's in SA counting the season ticket money with a big grin on his face will be back through for the next big Liverpool game though.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

This is my concern.

Virtually every player we are linked with are the same type of players.

We do need a playmaker but one of our main priorities should be a proper CDM

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Still believe if we signed someone like Messi or Ronaldo people would still be whinging the same things.

Gives us an idea of how thick you are, thanks for that.

If they were the perfect player we wouldn't be talking about signing him. Aye he is inconsistent, every fucking winger on the planet is inconsistent, even Bale and Neymar have their off days. He is 21 year old, he can improve a lot under Warburton and in a team that suits the way he plays.