• no
    • He was good at putting out a cone at Valencia
    • Too early to tell

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, orange&blue92 said:

The guys too young to gain respect of senior players, they will be thinking they've done more in the game than him. 

I was watching an interview Cowie done he seemed to try and play that down but to me he didn't look convinced.

I would've liked to see Cathro put in as Warburton's assistant and said as much at the time.  I have absolutely no faith in Weir's ability as a coach.  Cathro was learning his trade at a successful Calencia while Weir bombed as manager of Sheffield United.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I would've liked to see Cathro put in as Warburton's assistant and said as much at the time.  I have absolutely no faith in Weir's ability as a coach.  Cathro was learning his trade at a successful Calencia while Weir bombed as manager of Sheffield United.

A successful Valencia?

quote from him last night "It's now been two weeks. I have learned an awful lot about everyone, about us. The only thing I have learned about myself is that I was right when I thought a long time ago that I was strong enough to deal with these things. I am confident and relaxed in the fact and fortunate that I am strong and these challenges just add to making me a little bit better."

Fuckin hell.

As an aside, seen an interview he did early last year when being touted for our job and he gave me the fear at the time.  Think I posted something about it. 

Ian Cathro on his future head coaching ambitions

https://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/dundee-united/315190-ian-cathro-on-his-valencia-project-head-coach-ambition-and-ryan-gauld/

6 minutes of shite (as some might say)

Seems a likeable guy, comes across well when interviewed, problem for him is that he's now manager of Hearts a club with little to no real ambition other than to finish 3rd, he will either crash and burn or be hailed by many in the Scottish game as the new David Moyes after winning the league cup!

5 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

The guys too young to gain respect of senior players, they will be thinking they've done more in the game than him. 

This is true to an extent but it all depends on his personality and how he commands respect from his team then the age or experience is irrelevant ....... but that's not just a football issue it works in any walk in life when you get a new manager at work who's half yer age and new to the job thers always that idea they will naw understand what they are doing. Time will tell but some men are built to be managers some are just better staying as coaches/assistants etc.....

Too early to tell. If he had joined us in the Championship with a full pre-season and essentially a blank canvas squad-wise then who knows, it could have worked our for him as it did MW.

He has come inot Hearts mid-season with completely different ideas to his predecessor and a squad that isn't in the image he wants. Long term he could well do a job for Hearts.

Don't understand why the OP has a dig at McPhee as being "weird looking". He should be judged on his ability not his looks.

Eddie howe was a similar age when he started managing so I don't think that's too much of a problem , the Scottish press are wanting the guy too fail though which says more about them really I think , 2 games or something in and they want too write him off , keevins said after we beat them that the guys interview showed the job was too big for him 

Nice guy, but never a manager in a million. His talks are absolutely cringeworthy, just unadulterated, incoherent and meaningless long winded fucking babbling, that leaves you wanting to take your life. His players must be totally embarrassed by him, far less demotivated.

We dodged a nuclear bomb.

Better he find a job in something he's good at, but I don't know WTF that would be.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Nice guy, but never a manager in a million. His talks are absolutely cringeworthy, just unadulterated, incoherent and meaningless long winded fucking babbling, that leaves you wanting to take your life. His players must be totally embarrassed by him, far less demotivated.

We dodged a nuclear bomb.

Better he find a job in something he's good at, but I don't know WTF that would be.

Ha ha just a little over dramatic 

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Ha ha just a little over dramatic 

Yes but listened to him a couple of times and would bore the tits aff a bull. Stuttering and stammering. He really didn't know how to explain or summarise the reasons as to the last result. Actually felt sorry for him. Way out his depth. Doubt he'll last long at all.

21 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes but listened to him a couple of times and would bore the tits aff a bull. Stuttering and stammering. He really didn't know how to explain or summarise the reasons as to the last result. Actually felt sorry for him. Way out his depth. Doubt he'll last long at all.

The only way this guy would succeed is if he hit the ground running and won the players respect, but the reality is that he's in the wrong movie and won't last the season. I'm prepared to concede he's a capable ,inovative  coach but how the fuck that qualifies you to manage  is beyond me as they are two completely different jobs. 

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You can spend all the time you like watching a good manager do his job, but that doesn't mean you'll be worth the seat you're sitting on when it's your turn to make the decisions. 

Steve Clarke, René Meulensteen, Kevin Bond...