Midfield

BridgeIsBlue

This is the biggest concern for me going into the game against the filth,no physical presence whatsoever and it's allowed Caley Thistle almost free reign so far in this game.

Better get sorted in January with a proper defensive midfielder coming in as Halliday can't cut it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is a shite midfield with Holt and Halliday and wee Tav shoe-horned in there, too.

We all hate Brown but he'll run rings round them 3 all day next week. 

But to flip it, who else we got? Will Windass even be fit? I've a horrible feeling this is what we will still have come the end of the season.

it will see us finish second and finish comfortably in second IMO but if that's the extent of our ambition then we've the right midfield for that .... pretty morbid tho 

Just now, K.A.I said:

It really is a shite midfield with Holt and Halliday and wee Tav shoe-horned in there, too.

We all hate Brown but he'll run rings round them 3 all day next week. 

But to flip it, who else we got? Will Windass even be fit? I've a horrible feeling this is what we will still have come the end of the season.

it will see us finish second and finish comfortably in second IMO but if that's the extent of our ambition then we've the right midfield for that .... pretty morbid tho 

Couple years mate we'll all be posted missing lying wrecked after a title win

I just keep telling myself that, been been linked with a few midfielders so far so looks like the issue has been addressed, let's hope it's addressed better than the CB position was in the summer

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Couple years mate we'll all be posted missing lying wrecked after a title win

I just keep telling myself that, been been linked with a few midfielders so far so looks like the issue has been addressed, let's hope it's addressed better than the CB position was in the summer

I'm not convinced the midfielders we are linked with will be that much better mate. Hoping to be proved wrong tho. 

Todays midfield is probably the worst in the league. 1 poor defender and 2 lower league players. Rossiter, Windass and Kranjcar would be ideal but injuries wont' allow that any time soon. In January i think we 100% need 3 first team first choice midfielders to walk straight in to the team and improve us. Not 1, not 2, 3. The thought of Holt, Halliday and Tav lining up against Celtic is gutting. 

19 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Todays midfield is probably the worst in the league. 1 poor defender and 2 lower league players. Rossiter, Windass and Kranjcar would be ideal but injuries wont' allow that any time soon. In January i think we 100% need 3 first team first choice midfielders to walk straight in to the team and improve us. Not 1, not 2, 3. The thought of Holt, Halliday and Tav lining up against Celtic is gutting. 

Bit over an over reaction there :lol:

9 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

To be fair I can see where he's coming from in terms of todays performance. They've been outplayed, outmuscled and outfought by the midfield of the leagues bottom side.

Yeah they aren't great, but worst in the league, sorry but I'm not having that for a minute. 

As a side point, I'm getting pretty sick of the bipolar esque flip flopping of this forum as a whole on match days tbh.

We beat somebody and everybody is the greatest player in the world and then a few days later we play a bit poorer and everybody is the worst player who's ever played for us. It's absolutely ridiculous tbh.

Yep. As I said in the match thread it shows how bad our transfer business was when we've signed 5 CMs in the summer and Forrester last winter yet our midfield is still Halliday, Holt and a RB.

Given how many midfielders we've been linked with and how many we need we'll surely need to get some out the door.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Yeah they aren't great, but worst in the league, sorry but I'm not having that for a minute. 

I'm getting pretty sick of the bipolar esque flip flopping of this forum as a whole on match days tbh.

We beat somebody and everybody is the greatest player in the world and then a few days later we play a bit poorer and everybody is the worst player who's ever played for us. It's absolutely ridiculous tbh.

Anyone who got carried away with beating awful Hearts and Aberdeen teams at home and scraping past Accies is a fool. We know what we are and where we are. We are a poor side playing in one of Europes poorest leagues, we are also extremely boring to watch. Powder puff up front with an exposed defence and very weak midfield. There's no flip flopping here, and this bear wasn't fooled by a couple of home wins. We're mediocre at best. 

Back to my original point. Halliday is rid rotten, Holt has been found out at this level and Tavernier has been moved forward because he was such a liability in his own position. We are awful in there. I couldn't name a worse midfield 3. 

Inverness have dominate us today, they are bottom. The 2 kids who play in the middle for Hamilton, 2nd bottom, would walk into our team as well. 

8 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Anyone who got carried away with beating awful Hearts and Aberdeen teams at home and scraping past Accies is a fool. We know what we are and where we are. We are a poor side playing in one of Europes poorest leagues, we are also extremely boring to watch. Powder puff up front with an exposed defence and very weak midfield. There's no flip flopping here, and this bear wasn't fooled by a couple of home wins. We're mediocre at best. 

Back to my original point. Halliday is rid rotten, Holt has been found out at this level and Tavernier has been moved forward because he was such a liability in his own position. We are awful in there. I couldn't name a worse midfield 3. 

Inverness have dominate us today, they are bottom. The 2 kids who play in the middle for Hamilton, 2nd bottom, would walk into our team as well. 

Come on, you seriously couldn't name a worse midfield in Scotland than ours?

Do you genuinely think guys like Liam Craig & Murray Davidson or Abdul Osman & Sean Walsh would be an improvement on our midfield because I would love to see the pelters they would get after a couple of games if they did play for us.

We might be quite poor at the moment but you can't call people who got carried away after our recent results fools and then come out with an opinion that's as ridiculous in the opposite extreme yourself.

Some people people big us up far too much but others put us down too much too when the reality is we are somewhere in the middle.

Definitely not the worst midfield in the top flight - but that's not a ringing endorsement, either.

For all Holt and Halliday are gash - they would easily be a first pick for anyone else other than Celtic.

I said in the match thread at half time that we played OK and deserved to be winning but I can see where anyone that might disagree is coming from too.

I think we just edged it in terms of deserving it, even if our defence was under pressure and Fod was man of the match but we were far from good. 

We won't even get better or hit another level. People are deluding themselves if they think that. This seriously is the level of these players. The sooner we accept this and get the investment in to aim higher the better and people are further deluding themselves if they think guys like Nicholson at Hearts or that guy that can't get a game for Eilbar, Greg Stewart or anyone else that we've been linked with are going to be much better.

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Come on, you seriously couldn't name a worse midfield in Scotland than ours?

Do you genuinely think guys like Liam Craig & Murray Davidson or Abdul Osman & Sean Walsh would be an improvement on our midfield because I would love to see the pelters they would get after a couple of games if they did play for us.

We might be quite poor at the moment but you can't call people who got carried away after our recent results fools and then come out with an opinion that's as ridiculous in the opposite extreme yourself.

Some people people big us up far too much but others put us down too much too when the reality is we are somewhere in the middle.

In Scotland, of course i could but i didn't say that. 

I agree with that last part, the truth is normally always somewhere in the middle.