*** The Official Rangers vs Taigs Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

8 minutes ago, The Monk said:

What hurts is that our team with Davis, Jelavic, Naismith etc would have absolutely destroyed those cunts today. 

Sub in Armstrong, Sinclair, Dembele for those 3 players and is there any difference? They were even missing Rogic today, their best CM. 

I'm going to challenge this "they are ordinary" comment until people wake the fuck up

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Fuckin pride m8, they've won the league but it would have been nice to be the first team to take 3 point off them.

The very fact that it was Ibrox should be enough to get a result, even a draw would have been great, but that was woefull

It would've been neice to take the 3 points but am I devistated that we didn't?  No.  It is extremely important that we be the first team to take 3 points of them this season?  No, it isn't.  If Rangers won today you think I would've been happy at that?  I can't image myself shouting 'YAAS THEY'RE ONLY 13 POINTS IN FRONT WITH A GAME IN HAND NOW!'.  I accepted we were going to finish second months ago and once you do that results like todays are easier to accept.  Some of you may have celebrated winning a one off result from today but that would bring me no joy knowing those cunts will ultimately win the league. 

the league is over. as hard as it is we need to accept that 2nd is the best we will get this season. that said things need to seriously change. warburton and king need to sort this shite out. next season we need to giving them a real challenge cause right now we're not. we'll be lucky if we do finish 2nd cause we're letting the sheep catch up to us fuck sake. 

The manager is at fault. He plays guys off form, his subs have little to no impact, we make the same mistakes over and over & he can't lift the players when we concede. He has failed to strengthen in the areas we needed it most and over compensated in areas where we didnt need to strengthen. Today was a must win game to prove that he can build on something and that he is worthy of getting funds in January. Get rid of him now, get the right man in and give him 2 transfer windows to turn things around.

this isn't knee jerk after this game, it's been coming since the semi final last year. The man is a gent but there's only so much we can take and there is no sign that he is going to correct the wrongs.

17 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't know why so many of you are flipping your lid.  Todays result meant nothing.  Celtic had already won the league before a ball was kicked today.  They went in to this match 16 points clear with a game in hand and we're never going to pull that back.  Rangers are now fighting for second place and we're still on track for that.  I would've been nice to win today and get those bragging rights but ultimately todays result was never going to change anything in terms of the title race. 

How fuckin dare you say this means nothing!! You get yourself to fuck!!

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It would've been neice to take the 3 points but am I devistated that we didn't?  No.  It is extremely important that we be the first team to take 3 points of them this season?  No, it isn't.  If Rangers won today you think I would've been happy at that?  I can't image myself shouting 'YAAS THEY'RE ONLY 13 POINTS IN FRONT WITH A GAME IN HAND NOW!'.  I accepted we were going to finish second months ago and once you do that results like todays are easier to accept.  Some of you may have celebrated winning a one off result from today but that would bring me no joy knowing those cunts will ultimately win the league. 

That's not the point, OF games are like cup finals, we might have nothing else to celebrate this season except second place, a win or two over them makes up for any disappointment 

5 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

People keep saying Sinclair and Dembele, but if you are playing 3 slow centre backs against them of course they will look good... One ball into the channel and it cuts the whole defence out.

Thier centre back pairing alone was 5.5 million.

We need investment,  we need to be smarter.

Two best playera are over 35 ffs.

Fuck off Harry you should have passed you cunt

:pipe:

7 minutes ago, Graham said:

People saying the only difference was dumbelly and sinclair....

Fact is wes saved us from another embarrassment. Aside from the first 20 minutes we were atrocious. Lack heart when we are up against it.

Looked like we were playing Patrick Thistle, insipid, very little fight if any

Tactics were wrong, Hodson should have been on from the start,

Waghorn,  ?  shit when he breaks through does anyone expect him to score ? Or do they, as I do, wait until he runs into the opposition ?

Windass    ?   shit

Holt            ?   shit

Tav             ? Shit

McKay       ? Good

Fod            ?   Pretty Good, Gets Better, Underestimated him

Wilson        ?  Shit

Hill              ? average

Hallidy        ?  just average, deceiving not as bad as many think 

Garner        ? Shit  

Miller           ?  Spent, his old pace today instead of Waghorn,, at least a second goal 

Kiernan        ? I’ll sit naked in the directors box for a month if you drive this dud to London, let Fulham enjoy his elaborate way of fucking up 

Harry           ? fails in the big games, not quite shit but not average

Dodoo          ? Too early to say, today ?  shit 

Manager    ?  Shit   Hopefully he still has enough credibility to attract a bid from down south and save us a pay off

2 minutes ago, one55 said:

the league is over. as hard as it is we need to accept that 2nd is the best we will get this season. that said things need to seriously change. warburton and king need to sort this shite out. next season we need to giving them a real challenge cause right now we're not. we'll be lucky if we do finish 2nd cause we're letting the sheep catch up to us fuck sake. 

It wasn't already?

Not one of our team know how to make a tackle, all we do is shadow then track back until the opposition make a pass, and our midfield is so lightweight its almost non-existent. Big clear out needed for next season, Kiernan, Haliday, Holt Tavenier, Waghorn and Garner all need replaced, hopefully the clear out starts in January.

Positives Mckay was excellent first half, and big Wes who stopped us from getting a real going over!

16 minutes ago, Graham said:

Granted a couple of players today may have made a difference, but if wes wasn't as good as he was we would have to score 4 or 5. They might make a difference in a one game scenario but over the course of a whole season we need strength in depth, not to rely on 2 quality players

A couple of players turn those draws in to wins over the course of the season. ST Johnstone game should have been done and dusted with better players who can finish.

Gutted doesn't cut it!  

I think we looked more dangerous today than the previous games against them but I agree that Wes kept us in it! It could have been 6-3! Still not good enough and I don't think any of us should be pleased from today.

i do wander whether our first 30 mins was played at a pace that was never going to be sustainable and that showed in the other 60 mins!

Not looking forward to the NY party tonight - mixed crowd apparently which will be unbearable!  Should have agreed to stay in London for NY!

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Sub in Armstrong, Sinclair, Dembele for those 3 players and is there any difference? They were even missing Rogic today, their best CM. 

I'm going to challenge this "they are ordinary" comment until people wake the fuck up

Never said "they are ordinary", just highlighting that today we lacked anyone near the kind of quality and mentality of our 2011 squad and we only won the league that season on the final day.

If Dave King doesn't make drastic changes continuing to improve is all well and good but their progressing faster. Since April we've not improved anywhere near as much as they have and due to the financial gap this will in all likelihood continue unless big changes are made.

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You're a strange cunt!,  your coming on a Rangers forum saying your not devastated we didn't win today!!

get to fuck with that pish

Gaffer may as well ship MOH out with the rest of the dead weight as it seems the guy couldn't buy a game with a lottery winning ticket. Not wearing blinders as I know he's no messiah, but he's certainly no worse than Tav, Waggy, or a host of other deadweight in our starting 11. Very strange situation.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

A couple of players turn those draws in to wins over the course of the season. ST Johnstone game should have been done and dusted with better players who can finish.

Perhaps. Just voicing my opinion though, and in my opinion we are more than a couple of players short.

16 minutes ago, JamieD said:

True. We are shite but so are they. We could conceivably have put three or four past them today if Forrester and Waghorn weren't brainless. 

We have below average to average players. They have average to better than average players with the exception of two very good players. If Sinclair and Dembele weren't there a few decent signings would see us on a par, I reckon. The problem is that Sinclair and Dembele are there.

Just now, delparlane said:

Gaffer may as well ship MOH out with the rest of the dead weight as it seems the guy couldn't buy a game with a lottery winning ticket. Not wearing blinders as I know he's no messiah, but he's certainly no worse than Tav, Waggy, or a host of other deadweight in our starting 11. Very strange situation.

Aye, that doesn't make any sense, he'd have been a good shout today, even just to take some pressure off the defence with his pace, got to wonder what's going on behind the scenes with him mate 

Could see how much this hurt Miller as he was walking off the pitch, knows he should have finished that 2nd chance. 

Two many basic mistakes and lack of focus in dangerous areas from the same players costing us again. Frustrating as you can see some of the other players seeing the mistake but too far away or doing their job to do anything about it.