Our defence again and the future

GOAT

First goal, another corner.  Danny Wilson is marking Dembele, he then decides to go and attack a ball he was never going to work and it bypasses him and straight to the cunt who then has time to control the ball first before shooting.  Danny Wilson needs to take a good hard look at himself over this.  His job was clearly to mark Dembele, why he strayed from his duties I don't fucking know.  Only he knows.

second goal, was it Armstrong?  Ran right through two Rangers players (was it Wilson again?) and Halliday I'm sure.  Could be wrong in that, but there's no excuses for one of them not tracking him, it was disgraceful school boy defending.

The future is simple, either King lives up to his promises provides the funds or there is the very real chance this mhob will get 10 in a row it really is that simple.

between now and the summer we clearly need a lot of new players and not just any new players, we need quality.  This excuse we keeping hearing from Warburton about how the English teams are outbidding and outdoing us in terms of searching for quality, bullshit!  That mhob have managed to get Dembele and Sinclair.  Two cracking players for them, there is no reason why we can't get similar quality players.

we need two quality centre backs, a quality right back that can defend, a quality defensive midfielder, a quality attacking midfielder, a quality winger and a quality striker that can score goals.  Without the money the imposter in the directors box promised us, we're a long way from that and the bheggers IMO are just going to get stronger aswell.  

I really am worried about the next few years. 

Our defence is fucking shite and as bad as our midfield (which gets criticised most) ... too many people still think Wilson, Kiernan, Wallace, Tav and Hill are good defenders. They aren't. 

You could get away with any one of the centre halfs at the back with a Weir, Cuellar, Boumsong, Moore, Amoruso or Bougherra but not two of them together. Suicide it's the one thing that manager of ours has had to address from the first day he stepped foot into Ibrox but hasn't done it. 

Instead of using 2 million to get someone solid he used it for Garner which sums our club up at the moment.

I think the time has to come for Hodson to take Tav's place and maybe promote McCrorie from the reserves to play with Hill - we need to try something. 

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

First goal, another corner.  Danny Wilson is marking Dembele, he then decides to go and attack a ball he was never going to work and it bypasses him and straight to the cunt who then has time to control the ball first before shooting.  Danny Wilson needs to take a good hard look at himself over this.  His job was clearly to mark Dembele, why he strayed from his duties I don't fucking know.  Only he knows.

second goal, was it Armstrong?  Ran right through two Rangers players (was it Wilson again?) and Halliday I'm sure.  Could be wrong in that, but there's no excuses for one of them not tracking him, it was disgraceful school boy defending.

The future is simple, either King lives up to his promises provides the funds or there is the very real chance this mhob will get 10 in a row it really is that simple.

between now and the summer we clearly need a lot of new players and not just any new players, we need quality.  This excuse we keeping hearing from Warburton about how the English teams are outbidding and outdoing us in terms of searching for quality, bullshit!  That mhob have managed to get Dembele and Sinclair.  Two cracking players for them, there is no reason why we can't get similar quality players.

we need two quality centre backs, a quality right back that can defend, a quality defensive midfielder, a quality attacking midfielder, a quality winger and a quality striker that can score goals.  Without the money the imposter in the directors box promised us, we're a long way from that and the bheggers IMO are just going to get stronger aswell.  

100 percent, we can not compete without spending anything decent, its not going to happen. 

All fair points,money is what we really need and spend it wisely in the transfer market a thing we have woefully been doing for quite a while.

It sickens me that we have spent 1.8 million on Garner and others whilst they have picked up Dembele a Fulham reserve player for half a million and Sinclair that roasted us yesterday.

Major changes are needed otherwise we will be playing second fiddle for a long time and that can't be allowed to happen.

Foderingham - decent goalkeeper.  Passing a bit dangerous and shit at times.

Tav - shite defender, good enough for the championship, or bottom six team. Not good enough to win league titles.

kiernan - shite defender, a Kilmarnock player.

Hill - our best defender, too old to build a defence around.

Wilson - found his level at hearts.

Halliday - loving the dream, harsh reality is he's not good enough for a team that challenges for trophies.

Holt - a good player for a hearts or Aberdeen.

windass - done nothing of note yet that says he's good enough to play for Rangers.

Mckay - good player when he turns it on, rotten when his confidence is down.  Still I'd keep him for now.

Miller - our best player, at times the only cunt that looks like he gives a fuck.  What is he though 36 year old?  His career is over soon.

Garner - done nothing really but have a good song.  I reckon he'd be a good player in a 442, but that's not how we play so he's pretty much useless in our system.

Subs:. waghorn - decent back up, that's about it.

dodoo - hasn't done much to say he is good enough for a Rangers team.

Forrester - would make a good player for Aberdeen or Hearts, not a Rangers player.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Our defence is fucking shite and as bad as our midfield (which gets criticised most) ... too many people still think Wilson, Kiernan, Wallace, Tav and Hill are good defenders. They aren't. 

You could get away with any one of the centre halfs at the back with a Weir, Cuellar, Boumsong, Moore, Amoruso or Bougherra but not two of them together. Suicide it's the one thing that manager of ours has had to address from the first day he stepped foot into Ibrox but hasn't done it. 

Instead of using 2 million to get someone solid he used it for Garner which sums our club up at the moment.

I think the time has to come for Hodson to take Tav's place and maybe promote McCrorie from the reserves to play with Hill - we need to try something. 

Don't know much about McCrorie but every other central partnership hasn't worked. Wilson should know better than go ball chasing,  Kiernan ain't good enough imo,  Hill is at the end of his career,  Senderos is... well Senderos. It's nearly always stupid,  simple mistakes that we don't learn from nor recover from during a game so would definitely try someone else, can't get any worse.

Just now, murzo said:

Don't know much about McCrorie but every other central partnership hasn't worked. Wilson should know better than go ball chasing,  Kiernan ain't good enough imo,  Hill is at the end of his career,  Senderos is... well Senderos. It's nearly always stupid,  simple mistakes that we don't learn from nor recover from during a game so would definitely try someone else, can't get any worse.

See the thing is Wilson stays with Dembele, chances are the first goal doesn't happen.  Someone goes with Armstrong, chances are the second goal doesn't happen, Kiernan doesn't pass the ball straight to a St Johnstone player on Wednesday, the goal doesn't happen.  That's five points dropped the last two games thanks to the defence making an arse of things and it's not as if these are just isolated incidents.  It's been going on since Warburton took over.  Fuck sake we lost the Scottish Cup final thanks to three defensive fuck ups aswell.  I'm fed up hearing warburton tell us we'll learn from it, when it looks like the complete fucking opposite to me.

I agree with the last para of the OP. 

If we are to compete with the mhanks we need a minimum of 2 centre halves, 2 midfielders, a wide man and a striker of good quality.

At the moment I'd be looking to ship out Miller, Hill, Senderos, Kiernan, Halliday, Forrester and possibly one or two others, and replace them with quality.

I also think it'd be much better, assuming funds are limited, to have a trimmer squad with a better standard of first team player and rely on bringing in younger players to fill out the numbers. If we can't do that because the youngsters aren't good enough, then something isn't right at youth level. Our future needs to be as a youth conveyer belt. Easy to say, I know, but that should be the aim.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I agree with the last para of the OP. 

If we are to compete with the mhanks we need a minimum of 2 centre halves, 2 midfielders, a wide man and a striker of good quality.

At the moment I'd be looking to ship out Miller, Hill, Senderos, Kiernan, Halliday, and possibly one or two others, and replace them with quality.

I also think it'd be much better, assuming funds are limited, to have a trimmer squad with a better standard of first team player and rely on bringing in younger players to fill out the numbers. If we can't do that because the youngsters aren't good enough, then something isn't right at youth level. Our future needs to be as a youth conveyer belt. Easy to say, I know, but that should be the aim.

Hill is quality. He's comfortably our best defender 

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

Hill is quality. He's comfortably our best defender 

I'm not doubting that. He's been good, but he'll be 39 in October of next season.

He's not going to play any part in our future. We need players to build around.

Aye the outbidding pish is starting to wear this - look at say players like Nacho Novo and  Daniel Cousin for example - This is the type we need. They didnt cost the earth, they are not world beaters, they wont be asking for astronomical wages and most importantly, they would do a fuckin good job in the SPFL for us. We are nor asking for the earth here, we are not asking for £12 million Flo type signings, We are asking for good solid pros that are better than the lower english divisions. 

Its interesting that the money that MW spent on Garner and MOH, he could have bought the 3 players above. Even counting for inflation, we still wouldnt be far away. Wheres the value (MW's watch word) in getting players for nothing - but they cant hack it against the best in the SPFL? thats not value because its like buying a limited edition album thats got a scratch- aye great to look at but you cant actually play it.

40 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Spot on about the 2nd goal. I mentioned this in the match thread yesterday but the usual suspects were more interested in blaming Tav and Kiernan for not picking up Sinclair than criticising the golden boys for allowing a tarrier to run through them and deliver a cross completely unchallenged.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Spot on about the 2nd goal. I mentioned this in the match thread yesterday but the usual suspects were more interested in blaming Tav and Kiernan for not picking up Sinclair than criticising the golden boys for allowing a tarrier to run through them and deliver a cross completely unchallenged.

I said last night in the Barrie McKay thread that whilst I wouldn't blame the boy for the 2nd goal if he tries to challenge that wee gypsy looking cunt Roberts then he might have actually got the ball to run way it or clear it or whatever. 

There's no money.

Get used to this, and to the type of player we have.

We've been mugged, it's not any less so because it's a Rangers man at the helm.

Sit back, get your ST money (+5 to 10%) set aside, shout we're going for 55, and get prepared for more of the same next season.

Reality.

3 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I said last night in the Barrie McKay thread that whilst I wouldn't blame the boy for the 2nd goal if he tries to challenge that wee gypsy looking cunt Roberts then he might have actually got the ball to run way it or clear it or whatever. 

Fair point. Allowing a player to deliver a cross right across the goalmouth with nobody even challenging him is a disgrace imo though. Especially when he's ran through 2 of our players to do it.

They way we defend it terrible. Positional sense with them is so bad that you end up watching as 2 or 3 guys all sprint towards the ball to throw themselves at a block leaving holes all over the place for a more composed player to just square to free men. Far too easily beaten and carved open and been like that for 18mths now. 

I don't think this comes down to individual players ( at times yes with RKs passing etc) but it seems just positional flows in our whole defensive set up,  we just don't work at a unit.

Fuck knows what the do in training 

I agree with the op on our defensive problems but the likes of Dembele and Sinclair aren't on buttons to come up here.  It wouldn't surprise me if they were on £25,000 a week minimum, Sniclair probably much higher, and I don't see us splashing anything like that sort of money on player wages while the directors are currently having to keep this current squad and us, afloat with loans.  The sums don't yet add up.  King is not going to subsidise our squad and he never was. 

I genuinely struggle to decide what is worse between our horrific defence or the shambles which goes on upfront . Infact the midfield probably wins it . Why warburton felt the need to change the team so much after the wins against Aberdeen , hearts and Hamilton so much really does puzzle me 

47 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Foderingham - decent goalkeeper.  Passing a bit dangerous and shit at times.

Tav - shite defender, good enough for the championship, or bottom six team. Not good enough to win league titles.

kiernan - shite defender, a Kilmarnock player.

Hill - our best defender, too old to build a defence around.

Wilson - found his level at hearts.

Halliday - loving the dream, harsh reality is he's not good enough for a team that challenges for trophies.

Holt - a good player for a hearts or Aberdeen.

windass - done nothing of note yet that says he's good enough to play for Rangers.

Mckay - good player when he turns it on, rotten when his confidence is down.  Still I'd keep him for now.

Miller - our best player, at times the only cunt that looks like he gives a fuck.  What is he though 36 year old?  His career is over soon.

Garner - done nothing really but have a good song.  I reckon he'd be a good player in a 442, but that's not how we play so he's pretty much useless in our system.

Subs:. waghorn - decent back up, that's about it.

dodoo - hasn't done much to say he is good enough for a Rangers team.

Forrester - would make a good player for Aberdeen or Hearts, not a Rangers player.

Our two most consistent performers are 36 year olds . Depressing 

Defence isn't as big an issue for me as the midfield is. Every team in the world loses goals, every player in the world makes individual errors, but the good teams, compensate for that, they have a team who can score goals at the other end so losing one doesn't matter, we don't, they have a midfield who can protect the defence to take pressure off their defenders, we don't. That's a far bigger issue than constantly slaughtering our defenders for making mistakes. Mistakes will always happen, even the our very best players and legends made mistakes. But we've always had good teams to make up for those mistakes. that's what we don't have right now, a good team. And that isn't me saying the lies of Kiernan and Wilson or Hill and Tavernier are good enough because i don't think they are but we could do so much better even with them in the team if we were better further up the park. Score 3 or 4 yesterday, which we could have and no one is talking about defensive errors. Dominate their midfield yesterday and they possibly don't even get those chances they scored from. 

It's been painfully obvious all the way back to before last years January transfer window that we needed the CB pairing sorted out and it will still be the case after this transfer window too. We will get a couple of loan players, with one being an attacking midfielder and another 'Warburton special' who can play anywhere across the front three. We will still have Halliday at DCM and the CB pairing will still be a bombscare.

Wasn't this the first time we've conceded from a corner for a long time? The last set play I can clearly remember us conceding from was Maddison's goal at sheep shaggers central. 

Defence (more so Wes) has been doing a good job at defending set pieces, that one against the taigs was Wilson ball watching, leaving his mark and going where he shouldn't have been. Which is something I've seen him do before.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There's no money.

Get used to this, and to the type of player we have.

We've been mugged, it's not any less so because it's a Rangers man at the helm.

Sit back, get your ST money (+5 to 10%) set aside, shout we're going for 55, and get prepared for more of the same next season.

Reality.

When Walter Smith took over from PLG he signed 2 free transfers that made the defence much better. Big Eck also picked up big Marvin Andrews for peanuts, these type of players are out there even if you have little money.

Problem is we have a manager that can't scout players at all.