2017 golf majors

ready1873

So after a year of maiden major winners, who do we see triumphing next?

Can Tiger pose a real threat? Is Dustin finished as a bottler? Can Spieth right the wrongs of last year and get that green jacket again? Can Matsuyama carry on that terrific form and challenge? I could go on.

Personally I'd love to see Tiger Woods competing again for a major. I think McIlroy should be winning more to gain real recognition as a great and the US PGA is at Quail Hollow which is his home from home. He also has a super chance in the US Open Imo. Fowler is probably due one.

Its a fascinating season in store. I'll predict Mickelson wins the Masters (I done my dough on him last year, big time), McIlroy wins the US Open, maybe the Open too, and Stenson pips him to the PGA.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the big 3 this year, all season will be Day, Mcilroy and Matsuyama. Matsuyama finished the season superbly and I think he's ready to break through to the next level. Think they'll all win at least 3 tournaments each and be right in contention come the Majors.

In terms of outsiders, I think i'm going to call big years for the following:

Alex Noren - Not so much an outsider considering his stunning second half of the season but I think he has all the hallmarks to become as good as Stenson and go to the next level.

Emiliano Grillo

Danny Lee

Jeunghun Wang

Jon Rahm

Luke List

This could be the best year ever for golf.

Matsuyama is at the top of my list. 

Stenson 2nd

Speith 3rd

Day, Johnson and McIlroy joint 4th

Outsiders

Noren

Knox

Hatton

Grillo

Could be anything

Siwoo Kim

Daniel Berger

16 minutes ago, GMac said:

This could be the best year ever for golf.

Matsuyama is at the top of my list. 

Stenson 2nd

Speith 3rd

Day, Johnson and McIlroy joint 4th

Outsiders

Noren

Knox

Hatton

Grillo

Could be anything

Siwoo Kim

Daniel Berger

Berger and Hatton are great shouts. Berger seems to have everything. There's quite a lot of young Americans that fit the same sort of category of hitting it miles, decent short game and can putt like hell, following in the footsteps of Spieth, Reed, DJ etc. I do like Berger though. There's always one or two from the Nationwide tour who qualified for the PGA who just come from nowhere too who will do something special so will be interesting to see who that wil be.

Hatton is a great wee player. Has a bit of a temper though haha! If he can control that he has a real chance. Maybe seeing Fitzpatrick, Willett and Sullivan do so well last season may give him a wee boost.

Would be great to see Knox do well again. Will take something special to improve on last season though. Couldn't have done much more. Would also be good to see Warren get back to his best. Showed signs later on in the season after a difficult spell.

The upcoming season is going to be epic.

10 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Berger and Hatton are great shouts. Berger seems to have everything. There's quite a lot of young Americans that fit the same sort of category of hitting it miles, decent short game and can putt like hell, following in the footsteps of Spieth, Reed, DJ etc. I do like Berger though. There's always one or two from the Nationwide tour who qualified for the PGA who just come from nowhere too who will do something special so will be interesting to see who that wil be.

Hatton is a great wee player. Has a bit of a temper though haha! If he can control that he has a real chance. Maybe seeing Fitzpatrick, Willett and Sullivan do so well last season may give him a wee boost.

Would be great to see Knox do well again. Will take something special to improve on last season though. Couldn't have done much more. Would also be good to see Warren get back to his best. Showed signs later on in the season after a difficult spell.

The upcoming season is going to be epic.

I have hopes for Knox. Often when players win big events they go off the boil. Willett, Lowry and just about every Scottish golfer since Monty. Maybe its the new found wealth or maybe complacency. Knox seems to be different. After winning the WGC event he improved, becoming more consistent and performing well in 3 of the Majors. Think he'll go better this year. At the Masters he was 4th in GIR but still missed the cut. He'll learn from that. I'll bet him each way for Masters. 

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:17 AM, GMac said:

I have hopes for Knox. Often when players win big events they go off the boil. Willett, Lowry and just about every Scottish golfer since Monty. Maybe its the new found wealth or maybe complacency. Knox seems to be different. After winning the WGC event he improved, becoming more consistent and performing well in 3 of the Majors. Think he'll go better this year. At the Masters he was 4th in GIR but still missed the cut. He'll learn from that. I'll bet him each way for Masters. 

He's 33/1 for the Tournament of Champions this weekend. Course should suit him too.

Just doing a tournament acca.

05 Jan 2017 - Hideki Matsuyama v Jordan Spieth - Tournament Match Bets DNB

Hideki Matsuyama @ 4/5

05 Jan 2017 - Russell Knox v Ryan Moore - Tournament Match Bets DNB

Russell Knox @ 5/6

05 Jan 2017 - Branden Grace v Jason Dufner - Tournament Match Bets DNB

Branden Grace @ 8/11

05 Jan 2017 - Dustin Johnson v Jason Day - Tournament Match Bets DNB

Jason Day @ EVS

05 Jan 2017 - Patrick Reed v Brandt Snedeker - Tournament Match Bets DNB

Patrick Reed @ 4/6

05 Jan 2017 - Justin Thomas v Bubba Watson - Tournament Match Bets DNB

Bubba Watson @ 10/11

Stake : £10.00

Estimated Returns : £

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Nobody likes a smart arse.............

I didn't actually pick Thomas so can't take any credit for that! Just highlighting an incredible start! I did think about him but thought he was too high up the rankings to pick as an outsider and for those higher up the rankings went with Noren & Grillo to do well...........

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I didn't actually pick Thomas so can't take any credit for that! Just highlighting an incredible start! I did think about him but thought he was too high up the rankings to pick as an outsider and for those higher up the rankings went with Noren & Grillo to do well...........

Lol I was meaning Thomas was the smart arse.