2017 golf majors

ready1873

Thomas is playing unreal golf atm

I have an e/w bet on Matsuyama outright, he's currently -5 and the leader Thomas is -11. I'm still a rookie watching/betting on golf, I've only really just got into it so got a lot to learn yet... Why hasn't McIlroy joined the PGA tour yet? I noticed he's playing in the "BMW SA Open" just now and has injured his back.

Does he not have to join the PGA for the first event, no? Sorry if I'm sounding like a mong right now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Thomas is playing unreal golf atm

I have an e/w bet on Matsuyama outright, he's currently -5 and the leader Thomas is -11. I'm still a rookie watching/betting on golf, I've only really just got into it so got a lot to learn yet... Why hasn't McIlroy joined the PGA tour yet? I noticed he's playing in the "BMW SA Open" just now and has injured his back.

Does he not have to join the PGA for the first event, no? Sorry if I'm sounding like a mong right now.

No he doesn't need to play the first event. As you can see by the field, a lot of big names are not playing. Effectively, golfers, certainly elite golfers just pick and choose which events suit their schedule best. Everyone is different and have courses they like and suit their game, states/cities they like as well as sponsors they like to keep happy and those who have looked after them along their way etc. That said, generally speaking most top golfers will all work their schedule around the main, big money events. However, to play on the PGA or European Tour and maintain your card you have to play a certain number of tournaments throughout the year. Can't quite remember exactly what the criteria is though. This is primarily why Casey is unable to play in The Ryder Cup as he won't commit to The European Tour.

McIIroy, like a lot of other big European stars, is slightly different in that he tries to support both tours. However I think on this occasion Ernie Els supported McIIroy's foundation at the Irish Open. Rory is now returning the favour by supporting Els and his foundation for Autism I think............

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 0:14 AM, Laudrup1984 said:

I think the big 3 this year, all season will be Day, Mcilroy and Matsuyama. Matsuyama finished the season superbly and I think he's ready to break through to the next level. Think they'll all win at least 3 tournaments each and be right in contention come the Majors.

In terms of outsiders, I think i'm going to call big years for the following:

Alex Noren - Not so much an outsider considering his stunning second half of the season but I think he has all the hallmarks to become as good as Stenson and go to the next level.

Emiliano Grillo

Danny Lee

Jeunghun Wang

Jon Rahm

Luke List

Hope you bet them this weekend

Just now, Hamie said:

Tiger injured again.

Never mind a winning major.  Will he ever win another event again? 

For the first two tournaments there were specials on him. He was around 14s and 12s to withdraw from each tournament. Can't believe I wasn't on it. It was always going to happen!

As for your question, who knows! I don't doubt he's in some pain but anytime he's struggling and over par he always conveniently takes the easy option and withdraws. I still think he can win ability wise but mentally and emotionally he seems to have gone.

• 5 months later...

Jon Rahm was frightening at the Irish Open although people are greeting about him illegally marking his ball ?

I stuck a few quid on Lovemark earlier on for this Greenbrier Classic but he's currently 3 shots behind. Schauffele is in the lead and playing good stuff 

22 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

That was some bit of luck there for yer man .Hit it way left n got a good bounce of a spectator back onto the first cut :lol:

Defo mate. Think Streb is gonna win it now but. 

Just now, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

I'm gonna say Munoz for the win , he's on the ascendancy ,saying that yer man is only one stroke behind 

I'm waiting on Munoz for £350! Not entirely confident! He's been fantastic all week but nerves showing a little today.

Munoz just threw it there with that approach. 

Can't believe how close it is. I thought my guy was out of it after that bogey but somehow in with a chance, a slim one but still a chance