Premier League - Top 4 and Relegation

Gaz52

On 2017-1-6 at 9:55 PM, Gaz52 said:

Have people been watching the EPL this season? Liverpool are miles better than City, beat them comfortably even though it was only 1-0, City had 0 chances. I think it's between Chelsea and Liverpool, if Klopp brings in a quality forward and defender then they're in with a real shout but right now Chelsea have the strongest squad. I had to put Liverpool top as I've liked them as a boy as my Dad used to go down to Anfield in the 80s and had many a loyalist pal from Liverpool who would also come up to Ibrox. So I'll never buy the "Liverpool are all tims" chestnut 

I know folk in Merseyside who support Liverpool, whilst their brother supports Everton. Haven't really met many folk from there where religion or Irish roots was a factor in which team they support. Don't doubt that it is for many, but I'd wager there are loyalists and taigs supporting either team. 

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Both have been pish and City should still finish above pool. Klopp gets off lightly with Liverpool's poor showings throughout the season.

Liverpool fans generally let him off because of what he inherited from Rodgers, plus him taking the team to two finals last season. I think that goodwill won't last past the summer though, and Liverpool aren't the only big team that need to do some serious rebuilding in the transfer window. 

Klopp has got that team of charlatans to somehow finish in the top 4 (unless Boro cause an upset, which I can't see) I think he's done a great job and has improved Liverpool significantly since Brenda. He's not been backed in the transfer market like Rodgers was, but when/if they qualify for the Champions League, he'll get a decent kitty and he will bring in better players but most importantly, get rid of players like Sturridge.